Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds, you know you love it

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Blaming the OBESITY EPIDEMIC! on McDonald's is old. I need a newer trendy cause to support.

Back in 6th form, I used to there every day for lunch, and I didn't get fat. Why? Because I didn't eat lots of it. If you eat lots of anything you're going to get fat. It's just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Blaming the OBESITY EPIDEMIC! on McDonald's is old. I need a newer trendy cause to support.

Back in 6th form, I used to there every day for lunch, and I didn't get fat. Why? Because I didn't eat lots of it. If you eat lots of anything you're going to get fat. It's just common sense.
    Seriously. My dad and I used to go to a chinese Buffet every friday, and I'd get like a plate of chicken sticks and a bowl of fried rice, and he'd... well get like 5 full plates by the time he was done.

Then he'd go "We need to start eating better! I'm gaining weight" and I'd respond with "I havn't gained any weight, but that might be because I know how to ration my food, where as you'll eat as much as you can because of the ammount of food available to you."

He still hasn't learned. But he lives in the middle east now, so he doesn't really get tempted by the bad foods as much anymore.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I think a bigger factor in american obesity is the relative cheapness of unhealthy food. Oils and sugars and carbohydrates are incredibly inexpensive, so those on low incomes are more likely to consume them, making them more susceptible to obesity and related diseases like diabetes.
    I don't agree with this, the closest fast food place I have to my house is a Hardee's. Which is a burger place for northerners.

Well me and my boyfriend will buy there and spend about 15$ on food.
    I spend about 18$ at Quizno's and 14$ at Subway. 13$ at Arby's and up to 11$ at Taco bell.
    When I'm by myself I try to never spend over 5$ but everywhere I go, the value meals I want are over that. And trust me, the ammount of fast food the people eat to become obesse from fast food add's up and FAST. Spending only 6$ at a fast food place monday through friday is 30$ a week, 120$ a month, and 1440$ a year. Personally my GROCERY budget isn't even 120$.

Now, until the weather prevented me, I was going to make healthy mediteranian chicken wraps for dinner. I already had the chicken and the spices and all I needed is ONE tomato, ONE cucumber, ONE bag of romaine and a small container of ceaser salad dressing.

All of that would have made dinner and more for the both of us for under the price of normal fast food and it's much healthier than fast food.

Either way, now I'll be panfrying chicken in light olive oil and eating it over rice.

After having a set limit for money, I realized that fast food eating's the worst thing for my money. So the people able to eat at these fast food places arn't eating there because they don't have alot of money to spend on food, it's for their own personal reasons that isn't about money. Fast food at this point is like gormet for me since I end up going a month or so without being about to afford it.
    I was talking about foods you buy in a grocery store actually. If something doesn't taste up to par, pour in some salt and sugar and let it soak in some grease to improve the taste.

Blog Entries

I ain't got any beef against McDonalds.

It's fast food. Nasty and unhealthy, but the only way that most men on the job can cram a lunch break into their day.
    If that's why so many people are obese, then it's bad, but what are we going to do? Pack lunches? A sandwich can't satiate my hunger when I'm killing myself in the sun, and two sandwiches or more will weigh too much in my stomach and make me sleepy.
    Fast food is an awesome, although unfortunately disgusting solution.

There is one great alternative, and that would be to open a fast food place that sold high grade food and had good chefs behind it, but then I imagine the food would cost roughly $22.00 per meal, and nobody who gets a half-hour lunch break can afford that every single day.

I do stomach crunches in the morning. I try to hustle at work to stay fit and agile.I eat double whoppers and 5 piece plates of kfc when I need to buzz through a meal and get to work. It tastes good. It works.

The fat guy next to me probably doesn't work like I do, and when I see him still sitting around after I bust out of the restaurant, I suspect that he likes the food. But he's a minority. He's dangerously obese. Not just obese. Remember that fitness experts think that a normally fit person should be benching his own weight too. That's really fit. I can only bench about 175 and I weigh 210, and I work in construction. I may be fat from McDonalds. Or maybe the statistics are mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    I think a bigger factor in american obesity is the relative cheapness of unhealthy food. Oils and sugars and carbohydrates are incredibly inexpensive, so those on low incomes are more likely to consume them, making them more susceptible to obesity and related diseases like diabetes.
    I don't agree with this, the closest fast food place I have to my house is a Hardee's. Which is a burger place for northerners.

Well me and my boyfriend will buy there and spend about 15$ on food.
    I spend about 18$ at Quizno's and 14$ at Subway. 13$ at Arby's and up to 11$ at Taco bell.
    When I'm by myself I try to never spend over 5$ but everywhere I go, the value meals I want are over that. And trust me, the ammount of fast food the people eat to become obesse from fast food add's up and FAST. Spending only 6$ at a fast food place monday through friday is 30$ a week, 120$ a month, and 1440$ a year. Personally my GROCERY budget isn't even 120$.

Now, until the weather prevented me, I was going to make healthy mediteranian chicken wraps for dinner. I already had the chicken and the spices and all I needed is ONE tomato, ONE cucumber, ONE bag of romaine and a small container of ceaser salad dressing.

All of that would have made dinner and more for the both of us for under the price of normal fast food and it's much healthier than fast food.

Either way, now I'll be panfrying chicken in light olive oil and eating it over rice.

After having a set limit for money, I realized that fast food eating's the worst thing for my money. So the people able to eat at these fast food places arn't eating there because they don't have alot of money to spend on food, it's for their own personal reasons that isn't about money. Fast food at this point is like gormet for me since I end up going a month or so without being about to afford it.
    I was talking about foods you buy in a grocery store actually. If something doesn't taste up to par, pour in some salt and sugar and let it soak in some grease to improve the taste.

Ew! That's why they make spices! If you ration them right they can go a long way, and if you use them right, they can give the best flavors ever.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Those damn fat people and their epidemic. The other day I coughed up french fry grease because of their disgusting fatty fumes coming out of their fat folds, polluting me. Focusing on a cure for AIDs or cancer? Waste of time, because it's a much more productive pursuit to persecute all of those fat people before their fat kills us all. I heard it's air-borne now. Don't leave the house without shoving some celery down your throat.

Srs bizniz beams on: Does someone else being fat personally effect you? Does it hurt you? Can you catch the fat? No. The world needs to honestly cry more about obesity and let people live how them want. And as for the "epidemic"... where is it? In my school, we have 2 kids who are obese. TWO kids. The vast majority of my school, and town at that, is thin, as in size 5 and under thin. As in I feel obese being a size 8-9 in comparison. Show me the "epidemic." Until then, I'll show you propaganda aimed to make even children who are slightly overweight feel worthless.
    Well actually, I could argue that obese people do hurt me because hospital resources and tax money is spent treating them and that the increased burden on the NHS does hurt me if I ever need treatment.

I think McDonalds is just a symbol of obesity really. There are many, many ways in which obesity has become a problem and McDonalds is simply one of them. I don't think it's the central cause at all, but it and other fast food chains are certainly a contributor.

As for the food itself, it's the type of restaurant I'll only visit if nothing else is on offer. Like if I go to Liverpool on the train and I've only twenty minutes or so in Chester to get something to eat, McDonalds is an option then because it's quick to get and run back to the train station with. If something other than fast food is on other, such as sandwiches (not Subway because I find it too expensive), I'll take that instead. Besides, a portion of chips from the chippy is cheaper (and nicer) than a meal from McDonalds if I want something unhealthy.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Well actually, I could argue that obese people do hurt me because hospital resources and tax money is spent treating them and that the increased burden on the NHS does hurt me if I ever need treatment.
    It never ceases to amaze me how this is seen as a problem with anything other than the NHS.

Socialized healthcare justifies controlling people's lives. A warning to Americans.

Also: My epic poast was tl;dr. In short: it's not the fault of fast food companies.

Blog Entries

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crono_logical View Post
    McDonalds is expensive, plenty of other fast food alternatives here in London for when I'm feeling lazy :p
    expensive here in America you can get a meal for only $2.00, but that's always been me and having to live off the dollar menu. I don't care much for Mcdonalds their burgers taste like boiled possum meat. I only go there to get a Sunday or for breakfast. That's the only thing that they beat Burger King in.

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I'm with you on this. It is absolutely impossible to not lose weight if you use more energy than you consume. The only real problem for overly obese people is that they've got bad habits that are hard to get rid of. It is a mental problem.
    Yeah I agree. They've bascially got themselves to blame for being obese, but going on a diet and changing your eating habits can be very difficult. It's easy for a thin person to just say: "Go on a diet!" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    What's the differene between Burger King, MacDonalds and KFC??
    true..i should have said fast food in general
    The lance strikes when it sees fit
    Cutting the bonds of the ones we love
    In time all shall dissapear
    Leaving mass disillusion and despair
    Some will find comfort in faith
    Struck by unbeheld horrors
    Somewhat the vision of a wraith
    We all lose the ones we love,the ones we didnt, and the ones we never got the chance to love
    But if it wasnt for this lance, striking down its prey
    The most beautiful emotion of all would be forever hidden
    Sorrow...

I love Mcdonalds and i lot of other fast food, but its not their fault for obesity, people know its bad for them so they need to learn to balance their food out

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crono_logical View Post
    McDonalds is expensive, plenty of other fast food alternatives here in London for when I'm feeling lazy :p
    expensive here in America you can get a meal for only $2.00, but that's always been me and having to live off the dollar menu. I don't care much for Mcdonalds their burgers taste like boiled possum meat. I only go there to get a Sunday or for breakfast. That's the only thing that they beat Burger King in.
    Sure, you can get a meal real cheap. But it's cheap in the same way as gasoline mixed with 75% water is cheap :p.

I do agree that Burger King is better than McDonalds though, except for McD's milkshakes. Those are pretty nice.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Burger King's fries are awful, and in fast food, the fries are half (or more) of the meal. :x

i'm eating mcdonalds right now

chicken selects and buffalo sauce