Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII

Chocobo Final Fantasy XIII

I think XIII well sell good on the ps3. Who else thinks so?

It'll either flop (is hopeful) when people realize how ridiculous it is, it'll be ok, or it'll makes lots of sales to which SE will proceed to milk it for all it's worth with subsequent sequels and spin-offs.

In either case it'll be a horrendous game.
    This space intentionally left blank.

^Just because Nomura touched it doesn't make it horrible.

EDIT: Oh crap. Yes it does.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I really...really want it to be good. I haven't looked into it specifically, but I can only assume it's only going to be released for PS3 and not Xbox 360 or anything, right? I have neither, but I'm planning to get a 360 sometime soon. Final Fantasy is the ONLY reason I'd get a PS3. Which...is somewhat depressing, considering the love affair with Final Fantasy I've had to hide behind my boyfriend's back, and his behind mine.

Yay Sqenix =]

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansation View Post
    I think this thread is stupid. Who else thinks so ?
    QFT.

We need more members like him/her.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

lol, you FF-pessimists are too much, trashing a game which has barely more than 0% of it revealed, on a forum for the series no less. Stop the hate, embrace the love!

I'm sorry, the hate began the second Square Enix uttered the words "Female Cloud." then became absolute upon "Shiva transforms into a motorcycle."

I dont hate it actually. I was only jokin.

Hopefully it'll be awesome. I think it could well be so.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    I'm sorry, the hate began the second Square Enix uttered the words "Female Cloud." then became absolute upon "Shiva transforms into a motorcycle."
    Ohh noo!!! That must mean it will be a bad game!!!

C'mon, man...

I stand by what I say. To me it just seems like their trying to be as gimmicky as possible and trying to take "cool" and "badass" to whole new levels.

Really what's so wrong with just a regular sword or a character that doesn't mirror someone who already exists?

Now I HOPE the game will be good, but as of late Square has yet to show me much more then an over inflated graphics budget. As of yet though I haven't seen anything that could dictate good except it has an interesting story premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansation View Post
    I think this thread is stupid. Who else thinks so ?
    QFT.

We need more members like him/her.
    What, people who feel compelled to post criticism of a thread in said thread when it would take far less time and effort to just click the back button on the browser? And people who then go to the effort of seconding that when they could, of course, simply ignore the thread also? Yeah, every forum totally needs more of those members.

But aside from nerd rage and forum circle-jerking, it's an FF game, so it's naturally going to sell bucketloads for the graphics if nothing else.

It'll either flop (is hopeful) when people realize how ridiculous it is, it'll be ok, or it'll makes lots of sales to which SE will proceed to milk it for all it's worth with subsequent sequels and spin-offs.

In either case it'll be a horrendous game.
    I remember you sir! From freaking years ago! But yes, the success of this will probably lead to 8 million sequels and adaptations. However Square seem to already have plans for this, so it's not going to make much difference in the short term. World of crystals or whatever.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

anyway, it will sell. its ff.

Love is equal to suffering

Ok, why are you so quick to judge a game that we know so little about?

Sure, this game will sell good, but I am with the people that say this thread is dumb.

I stand by what I say. To me it just seems like their trying to be as gimmicky as possible and trying to take "cool" and "badass" to whole new levels.

Really what's so wrong with just a regular sword or a character that doesn't mirror someone who already exists?
    what's wrong with it? it's been done over and over, again and again, for the last twenty years. square's just trying to do new things with the genre that havent been done before. as much of a fan that i am of traditional RPG stylee, i don't want to buy the same game for the rest of my life. I love RPGs, and i hope that in the future that companies like square continue to show me things ive never seen before - graphics wise, and theme/style wise. also, no need to trash on a game that no one knows truly ANYTHING about.
    yes, i'm a FFXIII fan.

Quote Originally Posted by finaloblivion View Post

what's wrong with it? it's been done over and over, again and again, for the last twenty years. square's just trying to do new things with the genre that havent been done before. as much of a fan that i am of traditional RPG stylee, i don't want to buy the same game for the rest of my life. I love RPGs, and i hope that in the future that companies like square continue to show me things ive never seen before - graphics wise, and theme/style wise. also, no need to trash on a game that no one knows truly ANYTHING about.
    No reason NOT to either.

And I agree I like seeing new things. But the summons being mechanical transformers? A main character that's quoted by the makers themselves as just being "A female Cloud", and very little talk about the characters and story and more talk about the graphics and action battles. Really I don't see a redeeming feature about the game as of yet except it'll have the flashiest graphics in the series on a new game engine they will just toss out when they make XIV anyways. Unless SE throws out some sort of crazy new info that is actually half decent, I'm holding to it looking to be a bad game as of now.