Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Lost Season 4 Thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    It did give some answers, though. We now know that Hurley's flashbacks were in fact flashforwards.
    We already knew there would be flashforwards after the Jack thing at the end of last season. Unless you mean all of his flashbacks, and in which case, not so. First of all, he won the lottery in his flashbacks and got the numbers from that guy in the mental institution, and yet he mentions winning the lottery whilst on the island. Secondly, pretty sure we saw Libby in one of the mental institution flashbacks. And she's sorta, y'know, dead.

We also get the new information that, er, he can see dead people.
    Everyone can freakin' see dead people in Lost. Jack seeing his dad, Locke seeing Boone, etc. etc. Nothing new at all!

I hope Naomi is actually dead. I don't know what it is about her, but something just rubs me up the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

It did give some answers, though. We now know that Hurley's flashbacks were in fact flashforwards.
    I'm also confused at what you mean here, because Hurley's flashbacks were and are in fact his flashbacks. This is his first flashforward.

I really enjoyed the episode, and I thought it was fitting for a season premier. I didn't expect the first episode of the season to be a Hurley-centric episode, but it worked out alright. It raised some very thought-provoking questions. I can't wait for next thursday.

Also, ever since the end of the first season, those darn Losties can't stay together for more than like two episodes. They're always finding some way to be split apart from each other. They'll gather together at the end of the season, and split apart again somehow come next season. It's funny.

Also again, Sayid better have a much larger role in this season than he did on the last season.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wouldn't mind seeing more Sayid and Hurley, and less Jack and Kate.

Who do you guys think the Oceanic 6 are? I think we know Hurley, Jack, Kate so far.

In Jack's flash forward we know someone they knew died. Probably one of the six. Was it Hurley? You would think at least his mom would come to his funeral, so probably not.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I thought it might be one of the six in the coffin, but Jack and Hurley acted like the Oceanic 6 are celebrities. You'd expect some kind of media presence there, but if I recall correctly only Jack attended.

Also, I'm going to guess the "him" that Kate referred to in Jack's flashforward was Sawyer, and that he's one of the six. Could be wrong!

id be some one that got off but they all hate .... like Michael or locke .... a traitor
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing more Sayid and Hurley, and less Jack and Kate.

Who do you guys think the Oceanic 6 are? I think we know Hurley, Jack, Kate so far.

In Jack's flash forward we know someone they knew died. Probably one of the six. Was it Hurley? You would think at least his mom would come to his funeral, so probably not.
    (SPOILER)Sun, Jin, and Sayid. I'm tempted to say that Aaron also goes with them (and don't think he would be counted). Everyone that remained on the island is alive, except for Sawyer.

(total guess: I've heard that the 8th episode is a Sun-Jin episode, so that leads me to think them, and I have a feeling about d. He has too important of unfinished business off-island
    )
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 02-05-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    id be some one that got off but they all hate .... like Michael or locke .... a traitor
    Can't be. Jack cried when he saw the news, not that that's suprising, but he cried nonetheless. And he was about to commit suicide over it. Well, it probably wasn't over the clipping per se, but it definitely brought him over edge, as he was looking at it at the time. He was also hoping to see Kate at the funeral. Kate was appalled at this, but whoever died sparked something inside of Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Sun, Jin, and Sayid. I'm tempted to say that Aaron also goes with them (and don't think he would be counted). Everyone that remained on the island is alive, except for Sawyer.
    (SPOILER)
    Also, apparently according to lostpedia's spoliers and various sites, you're exactly right Kirobaito. It's Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sun, Jin, and Hurley. I don't know how you guessed that. :o
    Last edited by Ichimonji; 02-02-2008 at 08:18 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, I wrote that last post immediately after seeing the episode and thought it over more since then and rubbished my train of thought. I was thinking that Hurley saw Libby and other 'imaginary friends' while he was in the institute as a result of the island, and he would have never been at the institute before the island. But that was just an immediate thought more than anything.

Also, for Hurley seeing dead people, it is different to the other lot because he interacts with them quite well, while most other people have struggled with this. Most people WANT to see the dead and try to communicate with him - Eko succeeded in this and died. Ben succeeded in this but never got all the information he wanted from his mother. Most other dead people disappear before any communication is made. I honestly can't remember how much Boone talked with Locke, I completely forgot about that bit. But with Hurley, the tides have turned and it's the dead people trying to interact with him, trying to be seen, not wanting to disappear. I think it's a significant enough development.

For the funeral thing, it would certainly have to be someone that Kate knows and doesn't like, and nobody else likes either aside from possibly Jack. This makes me wonder if it's Ben, because off the top of my head he's the only profile that fits. Sawyer, Locke and Michael probably the other likelihoods. Jack to me would be upset at Ben's death because he would see Ben as "like him" in that he wants to go back to the island. Whoever it was, I do feel that it was someone with part of the 'key' to getting back - otherwise I don't think that Jack would be wanting to kill himself over the death.

I'm absolutely gutted to find out one of my favourite characters - Richard - declined becoming a season regular. I desperately hope we find out more about him, he has so much to him that I really want to know. I think out of everyone, he may possibly hold the most information. Think on these things...

1. He is a 'native' of the island and to our knowledge he was there before anyone else.
    2. He doesn't seem to age fast, if at all.
    3. He may well be the only person to have left the island and then returned to the island afterwards.

Plus he's just cool.

The only other question I have at the moment is "What does Hurley have to do?" Probably "See Jacob" or something. I 'unno.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

just saw the premiere and i thought it was pretty good! It set out what it was supposed to do and that was to set up that mystery of whats about to happen to the people on the island and what decision the 6 made to make them reget being rescued!

much better premiere quite abit happened and im soo happy that it took this episode to follow everyone around after the events of the finale instead of spreading it to 3 episodes which focus a small group of people at a time (like the season 2 and 3 premieres)!

Happy to sit back and watch it all unfold! Lost is back lol yay!

i hope the next seven episodes are worth the wait! !!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I just want to know WTF is up with Jacob. Also, I'm sick of Jack/Kate/Sawyer stuff all the time.

Hurley's psychological thing, I think, all comes back down to the numbers. I don't think Naomi's properly gone. Also, she mentioned a sister who I think will become important.

Did anyone think the "Oceanic representative" who visited Hurley looked oh-so-slightly like Eko's little brother?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Did anyone think the "Oceanic representative" who visited Hurley looked oh-so-slightly like Eko's little brother?
    No, you racist.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    No, you racist.
    I thought they looked quite similar. Please don't throw words like that around, I really don't appreciate being accused of racism when I was only making an observation.

omg You were accused of racism. I hope that doesn't show up on your permanent record.

I heard from one of my sources that Charlie is going to die this season. What do you think?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Uh, which season are you talking about?

Well he dies pretty much every season, so why would this one be the exception?