Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Lost Season 4 Thread

How did it not start supernatural? The mysterious monsters comes into play during the first episode. The healing properities, and Locke's conenction with the island is addressed within the first season. And yes, you actually get to see the smoke monster as a pile of black smoke in the first season. The numbers show up in season 1, as well as the whispers. Also, Walt's ability to kill birds with his mind is addressed on the 14th episode of season 1. So Lost has always been supernatural.

I think you should re-watch season one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, I'd have to say it was pretty supernatural from the start.

I like some of the new characters. Not keen on the chick, she seems a bit boring so far. The guys seems cool enough, though. Drunkard pilot who was supposed to be flying the plane? Perfect. Supernatural guru who can (allegedly) talk to the dead or something? Fitting for the island, should solve a few mysteries... and probably add more Guy called Daniel can't go far wrong with an awesome name like that, and although I felt he acted a bit too much like Hurley at times, I think his character (clumsy, slips out a bit too much etc) should be interesting. He seems more open than the other lot.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Daniel reminds me of Orlando Bloom.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

How?

EDIT: Actually, I think he has the same facial expressions, right? I don't know.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji View Post
    How did it not start supernatural? The mysterious monsters comes into play during the first episode. The healing properities, and Locke's conenction with the island is addressed within the first season. And yes, you actually get to see the smoke monster as a pile of black smoke in the first season. The numbers show up in season 1, as well as the whispers. Also, Walt's ability to kill birds with his mind is addressed on the 14th episode of season 1. So Lost has always been supernatural.

I think you should re-watch season one.
    I wouldn't call a polar bear supernatural. The loud noises and the whispers didn't necessarily have to be supernatural, they could've been explained as something else. The healing properties only applied to Locke in Season 1. I'll give you the numbers and the smoke monster, I don't remember it appearing in Season 1, but you'd probably know this better than me. Either way, It's safe to say that the amount of supernatural stuff has greatly increased since season 1.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The amount of supernatural abilities in Heroes and the 4400 also increased after season one, but we all knew it would happen. I don't think that Lost would have worked well if it was full-on from the start. It was meant to keep us guessing and stay open to all sorts of ideas in season one, and help us learn more about the survivors than it was to tell us about the island. It's supposed to go something like this, I understand...

1. Learn about Survivors.
    2. Learn about Others.
    3. Learn about [??? - possibly what is going on off the island?]
    4. Learn about [???]
    5. Learn about [???]
    6. Learn about [???]

So I figure that learning about the biggest mysteries of the island will happen in the last season. Until then, we'll just have to guess at exactly how supernatural each thing is.

Don't forget Jack's father, who was dead and was spotted by Jack during the first season, just standing around in certain places.

I like how this season is starting out. Miles and Daniel I'm taking a liking to right off the bat. Miles with his ability to talk to the dead could possibly shed some light on the island.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Speaking of Jack's father, (SPOILER)is there any indication as to why Hurley saw him in the rocking chair in Jacob's cabin?
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just for reference, I don't think we should have to mark any spoilers regarding episodes which have been shown. People should have the knowledge not to look into the thread until they've seen the most recent episode. I know I wait the day or two between the US air date and the UK air date before reading!

Spoilers should only be for things that are going to happen in the future.

To be clear on things: If you haven't seen the most recent episode to be screened in the US, expect things to be spoiled for you in this thread!

Speculation about what's going to happen later on doesn't need to be marked as a spoiler, either - unless of course you happen to know something about future episodes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry boss.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nah, it's okay. I just don't really know when you're posting a spoiler about a future episode or when you're posting a spoiler about an old episode.

They said the monster wouldn't be explained till the very last episode ever...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's because one of the writers put it in there as a dare and now they're trying to figure out how to explain it.
    Figaro Castle

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

...WOKE UP AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

I don't care how contrived the explanations are as long as they aren't that, really. Jack's dad - I think maybe he had a weird connection to the island which caused him to turn to drink for escapism. Or people just keep on seeing things they saw off the islands. Like Kate's horse etc...

There's a good chance Hurley had seen Christian Shephard before, everyone keeps on popping up in one another's flashbacks.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

PREDICTIONS:

a) Michael is the next name on Sayid's list of hits.
    b) The funeral attended by Jack near the end of Season 3 is Michael's
    c) Locke is one of the Oceanic 6
    d) The Island is in some sort of time warp / worm hole dealie
    e) Dharma sent Naomi

AND

f) Dharma and Ben's company (I've forgotten the name) are in some sort of gigantic war over the fabric of time itself and the course of the future.