Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMRPG Remake?

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Default SMRPG Remake?

Chyeah so in IGN's "wii-k in review" Episode 43 podcast, it was said that SMRPG was rated by ESRB for Virtual Console, and then taken' off that same list because Square-Enix has the mindset of making a remake that could sell hundreds of thousands of copies.

As well, in the newest edition of Nintendo Power, it was said at the back in a preview for next week's edition: "Next month’s cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we’d have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one." That could possibly be alluding to SMRPG, or maybe some Golden Sun or something. If it goes for the first one, more fuel to the fire.

Also, there was this rumor in RPG Magazine about an SMRPG remake: Here.

So those are a couple of things pointing to a remake becoming a reality. Wouldn't that be sweet? Honestly! This is my favorite game of all-time and a remake would do wonders for Nintendo as well as long time SMRPG fans.

As long as SE doesn't cash in with Mushroom Kingdom Hearts where they have Cloud Strife and Squall as playable characters and Mario with severe emotional problems.

SMRPG is awesome, I hope they touch it up and bring it out to Wii or DS.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

That would be smurfing awesome. I'd even be fine with just a port. That was one of my favorite games for the SNES that I never owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Thief View Post
    Chyeah so in IGN's "wii-k in review" Episode 43 podcast, it was said that SMRPG was rated by ESRB for Virtual Console, and then taken' off that same list because Square-Enix has the mindset of making a remake that could sell hundreds of thousands of copies.

As well, in the newest edition of Nintendo Power, it was said at the back in a preview for next week's edition: "Next month’s cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we’d have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one." That could possibly be alluding to SMRPG, or maybe some Golden Sun or something. If it goes for the first one, more fuel to the fire.

Also, there was this rumor in RPG Magazine about an SMRPG remake: Here.

So those are a couple of things pointing to a remake becoming a reality. Wouldn't that be sweet? Honestly! This is my favorite game of all-time and a remake would do wonders for Nintendo as well as long time SMRPG fans.

As long as SE doesn't cash in with Mushroom Kingdom Hearts where they have Cloud Strife and Squall as playable characters and Mario with severe emotional problems.
    Mario the Emo

Also, that would kick so much ass.

Contributions

I think it would really work wonders on the DS. They could add a couple more features, they could brush up on the graphics, but they wouldn't have to too much considering SMRPG's graphics on the SNES look close to DS quality games already.

So the reason I don't have Super Mario RPG on my Wii is because Squenix wants to sell it to me for $40+ instead of $8?

Thanks, Squenix. Thanks a whole bunch.

When you put it that way, it doesn't seem like the best of moves they could have made.

Contributions

Well, personally, I have always wanted a remake. Maybe they would be able to promote it better (Hey, if SE spends a crapload of time advertising an FFIV remake, they should probably do the same for SMPRG), and thus boost sales and bring more attention to this beloved game than VC could.

And then Geno and Mallow could become Nintendo game regulars. Oh god would that be amazing.

Perhaps it'll get popularity again and they can make a proper sequel to it.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Perhaps it'll get popularity again and they can make a proper sequel to it.
    That's my dream. A popular remake that sells millions of copies leading to a proper sequel. Then Geno becomes a regular in canon Mario games.

Blog Entries

I loved that game so much. I really hope that if this rumor is true, they go with a unique style that Mario hasn't seen before.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I can't help being a little afraid for SMRPG, if it will be remade. =O

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

A Member of Squenix are already working on the Scenerio in adventure mode n___n-b

edit: I forgot to say, So it might be really really weally possibuw~

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wonder if this should be moved to General Squenix, but maybe not... it's also Nintendo.

I never played SMRPG, but hum, I hear it's a lovely game. But I love SNES graphics! Those houses and trees made of countless pixels make me drool. XD

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I wonder if this should be moved to General Squenix, but maybe not... it's also Nintendo.

I never played SMRPG, but hum, I hear it's a lovely game. But I love SNES graphics! Those houses and trees made of countless pixels make me drool. XD
    Well I remember three years ago making an SMRPG thread in General SE which got moved over here. They also added this to the description of General SE: "No SMRPG Talk" in bold so yeah

And you should really play it. Greatest Mario game IMO, and it's really a blast.