Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII LIVE ACTION film?

Default Final Fantasy VII LIVE ACTION film?

If FFVII were made into a LIVE ACTION film, would you like it? If so, what would your picks for the cast be?
    Is that your final answer?

No, not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    No, not a good idea.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

This has been a perennial topic on this forum.

I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea, mainly due to that stylized video games don't translate well into live action movies (Super Mario Brothers and Street Fighter come to mind). Also there's an utter lack of need, since AC was made and computer animation seems to suit the setting and story.

That being said it's a crying shame they didn't tap Denis Leary for the English dub of Cid in AC. He's done voice-over work before so I'm suprised nobody thought of it.

its not actually happening, its hypothetical.

after watching Sweeny Todd i think Johnny Depp could pull of Vincent.
    And Jason Isacc's would be a good Sephiroth.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    its not actually happening, its hypothetical.
    Re-read the original post. And anyway, it's not even a good idea for hypothetical discussion.

Mr. T as Barret. I demand this cosplay now!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    This has been a perennial topic on this forum.

I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea, mainly due to that stylized video games don't translate well into live action movies (Super Mario Brothers and Street Fighter come to mind). Also there's an utter lack of need, since AC was made and computer animation seems to suit the setting and story.

That being said it's a crying shame they didn't tap Denis Leary for the English dub of Cid in AC. He's done voice-over work before so I'm suprised nobody thought of it.
    That's probably because we have more advanced technology than they did back then. Perhaps they can now better emulate the appearances of the fictional characters.

And they did make a Transformers movie, and it sold well. What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Mr. T as Barret. I demand this cosplay now!
    Barret is Mr. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    No, not a good idea.
    Thats a given.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    That's probably because we have more advanced technology than they did back then. Perhaps they can now better emulate the appearances of the fictional characters.
    No doubt but real actors are often distracting in a stylized setting. Animation works better because it's inheirently stylized.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    And they did make a Transformers movie, and it sold well. What's the difference?
    Transformers was a toy line first, then animated series and movies, with video games as tie-ins. Not quite the same as a direct adaptation of a video game.

It's not impossible to do a live action adaptation of a video game; it's just hard to do it well.

Continuing with voice acting suggestions I think Ron Pearlman would be great for Rude; he's got a wonderfully laconic voice.

lol
    Rude = HellBoy
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?”

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wow some good suggestions by BG-57 and PeneloRatsbane in here, Dennis Leary as Cid would be great, I really didn't like the actor they gave him, trying to make him all cowboy and such.

But yeah, I don't really think we need one, for videogames I would much rather have CG, I don't know why, but as BG stated, and Rocco Lamponi said in the Godfather pt. II

"Difficult, but not impossible"

Here are my picks for the cast:

Hugh Jackman-Sephiroth
    Michael Johns (American Idol 2008 finalist)-Cloud Strife
    Carly Smithson (American Idol 2008 finalist)-Tifa Lockhart
    Hayden Christensen-Vincent Valentine
    Adam Gontier (Three Days Grace vocalist)-Zack Fair
    Holly Brook (singer featured in Fort Minor)-Aerith Gainsborough
    Wyclef Jean-Barret Wallace
    Devon Aoki-Yuffie Kisaragi

Even if they made another CG movie like its sequel Advent Children, I'd still like the characters to look like and be voiced by the above selections.