Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite final boss of any game?

I recently played God of War and God of War II, and I must say most of the boss battles in those games are fairly epic. Zeus is awesome at the end of the second game.

Zelda Twilight Princess also has some fairly big boss fights, but they are far too easy.

I'm really not sure what my favourite boss fight / final boss fight would be... I mean, in Final Fantasy games they are awesome, and in the Xenosaga games they are awesome ((SPOILER)Kevin in Xenosaga 3 was a pain, and Margulous fights are just awesome).

Kingdom Hearts had some nice battles too.

Eh, I'm not going to pick one.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've always had a thing for the Meta-Ridley fight in Metroid Prime but, sadly, it isn't the final boss.

I've always enjoyed fighting (SPOILER)Lavos in CT because it's about the only difficult battle in the whole game and it's nice to actually have to think about what you're doing. Also some great music there and - if you go the Black Omen route - I always feel quite accomplished when I go through the whole thing. Kingdom Hearts I and II should get honourable mentions. I suppose I should also mention Shadow Hearts too for the simple reason that the final boss is (SPOILER)Meta God, which is certainly quite impressive as far as bosses go.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Ganon from LoZ:Ocarina of Time. It wasn't that he was hard or anything, the battle was just epic from the first part (Ganondorf throwing energy balls at you) to the end (monster form of Ganon). Maybe I'm a little biased because I was 8 when I beat this game and it seemed more epic then.

Although a bit frustrating the final colossus in Shadow of the Colossus was a pretty epic battle, and the entire ending of the game was pretty damn brilliant.

The Nightmare at the end of Link's Awakening. It went right up in my estimation once I learned that you could kill its final form with one or two hits with the Boomerang rather than about 30 Arrows...

Also one of the first games I completed.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Ganondorf in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, because you fight him pretty similarly in both games. Straightup sword fighting. <3

Nox from Persona 3 has to be my favorite.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

I have four all time favourites.

Vaati from LoZ: Minish Cap
    Smithy from Super Mario RPG
    Ultimecia from FFVIII
    Rhapthorne from DQVIII

Idun and Sephiroth fan Little Al's Avatar

Legend of Zelda series: Ganon (It doesn't matter which incarnation, but I like the OoT, TWW, and TP incarnations the best! ), Majora (Its not to shabby either, but easier to beat than Ganon), and Vaati (FS, FSA, and TMC incarnations. I had some trouble but pulled it off in the end.)

Final Fantasy Series: Zeromus is pretty much a favorite. So's Exdeath. Not to mention Sephiroth. (Although I've never seen the part in which he transforms into Safer Sephiroth, as I don't own FF7. But I did beat him in KH 1 & 2. And much to say, he was HARD)

Fire Emblem series: Ashnard (From PoR. He's one freaking son of a gun, and hard to beat though.). Black Knight (Put it this way, in PoR it took mostly luck to beat him, and I don't wanna mention RD. ). And last but not least Idun (From Sword of Seals. And from what I've saw, she has some crud going on with her.).

Credit: To Krad-Eelav of deviantART for this sig!!!

normally i would probably pick sephiroth, but the 'last' last fight is kinda stupid, you can sit there for hours and seph wont do a thing, just look at cloud; anyway, i have to pick the last boss from chrono trigger, due to the fact that you can fight him whenever you feel ready
    Those trapped in the darkness often grow weary of solitude. But when they finally escape, most realize that they miss the serene, peacefulness of the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Eden from Rez was awesome start to finish.
    Dear god yes! That was absolutely amazing!

I love the final colossus in Shadow of the Colossus, as well as the final encounter in ICO.

Overall though, out of all the games I've played, Beyond Good & Evil's final encounter pretty much has to take the cake. Epic beyond words. The entire time I had chills going down my spine and a wide smile on my face. Absolute perfection, atmospherically and executionally.
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The final battle with Gigyas in Earthbound is one of my favorite final battles because of its almost mandatory strategy. Who would have thought that an underused ability would be necessary to receive the strength needed to strike down the final threat? The interlude in the middle of the battle is amazing.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Actually I think I'll change my choice.

It's a huge jiggly gross bloody eyeball that shoots out and explodes blood. How awesome and beautiful is that?

Okay maybe beautiful isn't the right word to describe it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Angelus from Drakengard (Don't judge!!!) because of the fact Drakengard ROCKS and all of the other final fights are easy, unless you spam jump attacks on her.

Final Boss? that's easy! Kingdom Hearts 1 - The Heart of Darkness!