Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favorite final boss of any game?

Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

The Boss at the end of MGS3 was an epic battle, mainly for the emotional factor. Other than that, I haven't really been impressed with any other final boss battles.

Blog Entries

Aphelion from Radiata stories is the only good answer here.

To me, it would have to be Braska's Final Aeon from FF-X.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Ultimecia from VIII. I remember thinking "Oh god, this is it!" I loved every bit about VIII, so I loved that boss fight. Can Omega & Ultima Weapon count too? If so, I'd put them in too, I loved them battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    (SPOILER)Jason Chance from Syphon Filter 2. The concept is just so daunting when you fight him the first time: how are you supposed to beat a man in full-body grenade-proof armour, who's wielding an automatic shotgun?
    Seconded.

Str8 Pimpin'

For some reason, I really liked the battle against the kind-of-aptly-named 'Giant Tree' at the end of Suikoden IV, although they never really explain why it's there in the first place...still fun, though.
    =

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Thief View Post
    but what takes the cake is Ganon from Ocarina of Time, simply because of the epicness surrounding the whole thing. =)
    QFT.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm going to have to go with the series of battles against Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. First the battle against Puppet Zelda, in which there's the bit of a throwback to the battle against Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time. Next there's the battle against his beast form, the new interpretation of Ganon (although I do prefer his form in OoT). The battle on horseback is pretty awesome, too, but what takes the cake is the one on one sword fight at the very end.

Hitler II in Bionic Commando.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

So many:

Tower of Kefkas! (FFVI), Sephiroth (FFVII), Lavos (Chrono Trigger), Metal Gear (Metal Gear Solid), The Queen (ICO), Mary (Silent Hill 2) ... the list goes on and on!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I'm going to have to go with the series of battles against Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. First the battle against Puppet Zelda, in which there's the bit of a throwback to the battle against Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time. Next there's the battle against his beast form, the new interpretation of Ganon (although I do prefer his form in OoT). The battle on horseback is pretty awesome, too, but what takes the cake is the one on one sword fight at the very end.
    The Tennis Match is classic in Zelda games. The first game that had it was A Link to the Past, but it's appeared multiple times in the series since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinn View Post
    Mother Brain from Super Metroid.
    The only one worth mentioning. I mean, all final bosses I've fought have been good and epic and all, but this one really takes the cake.

Rye made this!

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    Angelus from Drakengard (Don't judge!!!) because of the fact Drakengard ROCKS and all of the other final fights are easy, unless you spam jump attacks on her.
    That fight was a bitch and a half. :P Although, I prefer the game's TRUE final fight. Although it was actually painfully easy once you figured out the trick (hitting the pause button, counting the rings, unpausing and jamming out the appropriate two or so presses, pause, and so on). Still, it gets major points just for being the freakiest thing in the whole game (and let's face it, Drakengard's mind-effery comes just shy of Silent Hill).

Also, not sure why I didn't mention it earlier, but (SPOILER)Zophar from Lunar 2 was an incredible "final" encounter. Not only was he disgustingly challenging, but he gets extra points for being probably the only "ancient evil" in the entire genre to actually freak me out on a regular basis. If you're going to make a villain that is nothing more than the embodiment of all evil, then at least make me feel it the way Lunar 2 did. I still have nightmares.
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Articles
    Blog Entries

I love Xemnas and Bhaal from Kingdom Hearts II and Grandia, respectvely.