Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFI Novices

Pro Rings are your friends. Especially for all those 1 hit death mobs.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Pro Rings are your friends. Especially for all those 1 hit death mobs.
    They don't save you from a Sorceror, do they?

I mean, it doesn't matter. They're standard anyway, being the best type of their armor class in the game.

They do. They stop all one shot death attacks I do believe. I remember that's why when I went back through the Ice Cave later to fight a few Eye boss fights for cash/exp, I wasn't running away from them.
    This space intentionally left blank.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The stats when you get a level up, are they calculated based on your actions in battle or are they given for each level? Ex: will my Intelligence go up if I use a lot of magic?

In case there's any differences between the games I should probably mention that I'm playing on the GBA!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can I just buy swords for everyone?

Signature by rubah. I think.

Lev: In the NES version definitely, certain stats go up depending on level, not actions. I'd hope it's like that on the other versions too (because I personally prefer that method of leveling ^_^).

foa: Only certain classes can use certain weapons. Fighter, Thief, and RM can use the largest number of weapons. Once Fighter gets class changed to Knight, he can use damn near every weapon in the game, and Thief's evolved form Ninja can use most of them. Your White and Black Mages, on the other hand, can't fight with swords, so your best weapons for them are Hammers for White Mages and Daggers for Black Mages. Black Belts should probably use the Wooden Nunchuck or something until their levels get high enough that you can unequip him and he can just fight barehanded.

The class restrictions also apply for armor. Bracelets are the best (and at times, only) armor for Mages, and yes they count as armor (as opposed to something you'd naturally think of as body armor, such as the Chain Armor). You can equip an Armor, a Helmet (the Ribbon, which you definitely want to equip once you find them (only 3 in the game though), falls into this category), a Gauntlet (most of the Gauntlets are only available to non-mages), and a Shield (same as for Gauntlet, though possibly the Buckler (available in Crescent Lake) is equippable by Mages? I forget).

I use too many parentheses.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Lev: In the NES version definitely, certain stats go up depending on level, not actions. I'd hope it's like that on the other versions too (because I personally prefer that method of leveling ^_^).
    Okay, yeah that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure it's the same for GBA too then.

One thing that's quite annoying with FF1 GBA is that the music changes way too often. It changes when you enter a shop and when you open the menu. >;o and it sucks because when you go out of the shop again the town music starts all over again and basically you just end up hearing the beginning of each song over and over and over again. Not to mention that the shop music is highly annoying! Oh well, I'm enjoying everything else.