Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy I!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    I indeed did get Origins today! I'll try to get a shot with my laptop's webcam somehow.

Edit: I can't seem to get a picture in any way. :-\ I'm gonna play anyway though, I'll just have to live without the gold stars
    When you use the webcam, does it display what it has on screen at the time? Because you could do a Printscreen of the webcam video while you have it looking at the TV, and that might work.
    Well this is weird. I decided to once more try one of the 6 (!) webcam capture programs I'd tried, just for the heck of it and, of course, it worked. I'm already on level 7 though (I hope the screen is legible ), so I hope you can take my word for it that this I didn't just open a save file or something like it ;o
    Attached Images Attached Images

Two things I've come to hate so far, playing a solo game:

1) Wolf packs. They come in groups of 4-7, never stop attacking, are kind of hard to run away from, and give very little gold upon defeat.

2) Ghosts, in the Marsh Cave. They proved to be my downfall on my first attempt (thankfully I had used a Tent just outside the cave) by virtue of their attacks causing paralysis and my poor solo Fighter not getting cured with any rapidity. The six-pack of Ghosts and Zombies (lol recolors) then just wore down my Fighter bit by bit, until they had taken away all 300 of his HP and my party perished. Sometimes, I miss FIR2 and HARM.

I'm about to fight the Wizards you guys. L11!

POST-WIZARDS CARNAGE REPORT: So I got really really lucky and only had to fight 3 Wizards. And I still just barely beat them. I started with a full 300 HP, and finished with 10. If I hadn't gotten the first attack on the last round, I would've died. Now it's back to Elfland to replenish some supplies and then up to fight my avatar.
    Last edited by Denmark; 02-01-2008 at 08:44 PM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well this is weird. I decided to once more try one of the 6 (!) webcam capture programs I'd tried, just for the heck of it and, of course, it worked. I'm already on level 7 though (I hope the screen is legible ), so I hope you can take my word for it that this I didn't just open a save file or something like it ;o
    Yay! We need more people posting pictures of themselves actually playing the game. People playing with emulators could do it too. DO IT.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Yay! We need more people posting pictures of themselves actually playing the game. People playing with emulators could do it too. DO IT.
    By the way, I bet you'll never guess my favourite colour. :rolleyes2

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I have a digital camera which I could potentially use to catch shots of me playing the Origins version. However, I don't have the adapter thing for the card in my digital camera--as brilliant as I am, I took my camera to college but the not the adapter. This is all you'll get people:

P.S. Since a couple people seem to still associate me with red mages... well, there you go.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Silly camera uploaded my pix to somewhere else! I don't know where! I'll probably have to reupload them or something, so I'll post 'em later.

My party is:
    Paul (Fighter) - I've always liked the name Paul. I don't know why. I guess it's just cool.
    Allie (Black Belt) - because the "Monk" (sod off, you're a Black Belt!) sprite shows off a bare chest and that's a very rubah thing to do.
    Kaycee (White Mage) - sword dude always makes out with White Mage, yo.
    LevDen (Fighter) - What happens when you cross Denmark with Levian? This happens! They share a body and they have a sword. But they're not as good at it as Paul is. I don't know why!

Things I have learned today:
    - You don't start with any equipment, hence rushing out to start some with the goblins (I want to call them imps ) is not a good idea, and you will be humiliatingly pwned.
    - Inns do not cure poison! Gosh darnit way to waste my money, jerks.
    - I hate tarantulas. But I like ogres.

Currently grinding away outside Elfheim, Level 8 allround. Managed to get enough money for 2 Mythril Swords and Esuna (12 bloody thousand!) so I'm gonna go at it a little bit more to get a couple more shiny trinkets for my noble warriors to use, and then it's off to the marsh cave! Well, depends how much EXP it takes to get to level 10.

Also I am never going to complete this. I always have to stop and listen to the music just because it's so good.

So that's what the whole "Lali-ho" thing in FFIX was all about. Feels like I'm chomping on history.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I indeed did get Origins today! I'll try to get a shot with my laptop's webcam somehow.

Edit: I can't seem to get a picture in any way. :-\ I'm gonna play anyway though, I'll just have to live without the gold stars
    When you use the webcam, does it display what it has on screen at the time? Because you could do a Printscreen of the webcam video while you have it looking at the TV, and that might work.
    How could we not trust that face?

Articles

Party is Level 9, soon to take their 10 000th step and I have no idea where to go I'll figure it out soon enough though.
    How could we not trust that face?
    I smurfing knew the hypnosis would work.

Party is Level 9, soon to take their 10 000th step and I have no idea where to go I'll figure it out soon enough though.
    I did that on my GBA FF1 once, I ended up being so lost I became super leveled and trashed everything in my way once I realized where I was suppose to go.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

After spending 9 minutes on it this is the best I could do (taken with webcam).

100 Red Wizard points to whoever can guess what the names are.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    After spending 9 minutes on it this is the best I could do (taken with webcam).

100 Red Wizard points to whoever can guess what the names are.
    Approxomations, of course:

1st = Del
    2nd = Yamo
    3rd = Champ
    4th = Romao
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Del, Yams, Champ, and Romeo?

I might start on this tonight when I get off work. I'll play the GBA DoS version but I'll play it on my GCN Player so it's nice and big on the TV for easy picture-taking!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Also I am never going to complete this. I always have to stop and listen to the music just because it's so good.
    Chaos temple! I almost kinda want to go back there now. The town music is pretty nifty too. Too bad the shop music gets in the way.

and LevDen seems to be an eligible to save the world I must say!

Current :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: Elven Castle - Level 18

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All right, let's do this thing.