Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, So what is LittleBigPlanet?

Default Okay, So what is LittleBigPlanet?

Well, I heard about it, so I looked it up, but I am still very unsure of what it actually is. To me, it seems like you make your own level, with different obsticles and whatever, then play through it, and share it with other people. That is cool, but IGN says its an action game? Which... confuses me. I don't know, could you just please explain the whole idea of Little Big Planet? Thank you.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

he asks on a FF forum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seems like you got the gist of it. I've seen a few vids, it's a sidescroller, co-op style, just instead of enemies you gotta work against the environment to get to the end. With levels being available online, I'm guessing it's online co-op, too. But yeah, you'll be able to see levels ranked, like what's the most played, most played for the day, stuff like that. It'll be fun, I'm probably getting it since all I got is motorstorm (still fun), I've been playing FFXII and SNES roms on my Linux partition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    he asks on a FF forum
    We're in general gaming.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not Little Big Adventure 3, like I first hoped for when I heard the title.

he asks on a FF forum
    *head desk*

So, what, should he run out and join a Little Big Planet forum to ask what the game is? Did you join this site because you didn't know what Final Fantasy was? Believe it or not, the majority of people who play Final Fantasy play other games as well. Hence the General Gaming forum. :rolleyes2

Even though the semantics argument is interesting as hell, let's try staying on topic fellas. We're trying to have ourselves a forum here, not a psych ward.

LittleBigPlanet looks like incredible fun; I'll certainly get it to play with my roommates. I'm sure that people will create all sorts of awesome levels. I wonder if it comes with any premade levels.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    he asks on a FF forum
    *head desk*

So, what, should he run out and join a Little Big Planet forum to ask what the game is? Did you join this site because you didn't know what Final Fantasy was? Believe it or not, the majority of people who play Final Fantasy play other games as well. Hence the General Gaming forum. :rolleyes2
    well.. yeah

I think they could explain better then you could, going from the assumption that you're not a LBP fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    he asks on a FF forum
    *head desk*

well.. yeah

I think they could explain better then you could, going from the assumption that you're not a LBP fan.
    Let's work under the assumption that the OP is just curious about the game and not looking for an incredibly detailed breakdown of every feature, hmmkay? It makes perfect sense to ask about a game in the gaming forum. I kind of have to wonder what the hell you're doing here if you think the only game anyone here knows anything about is Final Fantasy.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I don't see how anyone can be a LBP fan when the game isn't even out yet! Well the game is a cooperative platformer and why IGN calls it an action game? Well a lot of game reviewrs are a bit confused about genres of games.

Yellow Winged Angel

Just stop, AK. You've already embarrassed yourself enough. It does seem like an interesting game, too. Like, creating your own levels supposedly?

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    It does seem like an interesting game, too. Like, creating your own levels supposedly?
    That seems to be the main focus. Creating your own and, more importantly, sharing levels with others. If user-made levels in Knytt Stories is any indication, this game has a lot of potential. There are a lot of creative people out there who could potentially work magic with this game.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

In hopes of that, it be not limiting enough so some people can work magic :]

Well since it's the main focus of the game, I'm sure they'll be going out of their way to make it as versatile as possible. xP

I googled 'Little Big Planet forums' and there wasn't a single one.

I saw someone designing a level on a game show. It was only a short clip but it looked quite cool. When I get a PS3 I might get it.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky