Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Using her finger sign = Rinoa is smart!

Default Using her finger sign = Rinoa is smart!

At the start of the game.

Flashback... it turned into Ulti in the next scene.

The end of the game.

I'll ask you questions.

Consider why Rinoa took sudden-interest in Squall? Squall's attitude against Rinoa was rather terrible through out the whole story, he didn't care much but Rinoa is still interested. Why? I don't think it's because of his good looking because that's very hard to believe.
    She automatically cares about him (even when they met for the first time) for what exactly reason? Think about it.

Look at #1, that's the start. At the dancing party, for the first time. Squall stared at Rinoa first, when Rinoa looked at him back, then she suddendly used her finger sign and smilied, then the story starts, what was the meaning of that?

What's your interception on her finger sign?

Is it some sort of control? Did she control him? During the end of the game, Squall has had so many flashbacks of her finger sign, wonder why?

My theory to all the questions above is that she used her finger sign as a ultimate move in order to controll Squall effectively. So she can use him to be her knight, or a love-mutation to have the potential of becoming Ulti in the future. OR! She used her finger sign to remind Squall who she really is because she KNOWS that they have met before (way past, because of Time Compression). Squall somehow got a deja-vu feeling and met her again, and there you go.

In the game, before Rinoa and Squall met, her (or Ulti) white feather dropped his sword from the sky, then later, they met again, she used her finger sign and so on. Makes sense to me.

OKay, the Finger sign doesn't have a significant meaning. Squall looked at her, she noticed, shook her finger and got him to dance.

Likely because she wanted to, and it looked like he had a momentary interest in her, so she decided to dance with him.

Why would that be his flashback? Because that was the first time they met. It's very common to use something like that for a flashback.

As for the last scene? Again another common use of repetition, recreating something that resembles their first meeting. This repetition of events is used to signify the importance of Squall and Rinoa meeting.

It's a story telling device, not a sign of anything.

Though you pointing this out does make me think they put a bit more effort into their story then I originally thought.

Even if it was still a bit of a mess.

That's understandable but there are a few problems with this. Okay, in Squall's mind, they have never met before, and Rinoa just used her finger sign instantly like a finger snap. I'm looking at this FMV right now, once she saw him for a second and then used her finger sign like the whole world has came to an end. Did she ever use finger sign with other people? Nope, only Squall.

During his flackbacks, when she used her finger sign repeatedly, a few second after that.. a splitting image of Ulti just came up. That's just ironic.

And in the end, you see the garden first, then Rinoa and then when she used the finger sign, Squall just came out of no where. I've been trying to find out whether Squall was there before Rinoa used her finger sign but it's hard to tell at the moment.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if youre looking for possible reasons that rinoa is controlling him.. not that i think its true.. but then you should look at the turning point in their relationship.. i think it was at the second battle with edea.. where he suddenly cared

Blog Entries

It's how she waves
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Squall sees a falling star, looks down and notices Rinoa saw it too. Rinoa sees him and points to the sky in understanding. Watch it here. The same thing happens in the end.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pointing like that is a fairly well known affectionate sign - nothing more, nothing less. Sorry Serapy

So let me get this straight. Rinoa is Ultimecia? Wow, I never noticed before, but you're right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
    So let me get this straight. Rinoa is Ultimecia? Wow, I never noticed before, but you're right.
    This is actually, a very well known theory, which I myself don't believe in the slightest, but if you want to that's fine, as many theories I do belive aren't believed by everyone.

This is commenly the "R=U/S=G" theory, more often just the "R=U" theory, if you ever need to reffer to it by name.

I was being sarcastic, Plato.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the zell=ulti=big black guy theory better

i want to believe she is ultimacia cos it makes the love story twisted and actually pretty epic, i never thought of it when i played the game, but the theory gives the story a much needed twist
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
    I was being sarcastic, Plato.
    fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Squall sees a falling star, looks down and notices Rinoa saw it too. Rinoa sees him and points to the sky in understanding. Watch it here. The same thing happens in the end.
    I'm aware of the star thing but...

In the dancing party event, how did Rinoa knew that Squall saw the star in the first place? She didn't see Squall, she saw the star while Squall was staring her, then she saw him and pulled up her finger sign. How did Rinoa knew that Squall saw the star as well?

There's no proof that Rinoa saw Squall that he looked at the star at the same time.

There's something wrong with this thing.

Explain why in his flashbacks, when she used her finger sign repeatedly and then Ulti shows up as a splitting image?

Even if it was an affectionate sign, then that means Ulti is special to Squall as well.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I'm aware of the star thing but...

In the dancing party event, how did Rinoa knew that Squall saw the star in the first place? She didn't see Squall, she saw the star while Squall was staring her, then she saw him and pulled up her finger sign. How did Rinoa knew that Squall saw the star as well?

There's no proof that Rinoa saw Squall that he looked at the star at the same time.
    I'd imagine she sees Squall looking at the sky, and looks up herself to see what he's looking at. I don't know, I just find it more likely than the theory that it's a means of controlling him.

As for the flashbacks switching back and forth between Rinoa and Ultimecia, I don't know, it could be anything. That was when he first saw her, after all. Or Rinoa could be Ultimecia for all I know, I actually find that to be one of the less unbelievable theorys appearing around here.

In either case, I doubt the finger has anything to do with it.