View Poll Results: Which Version of Final Fantasy are you Playing?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original (NES)

15 14.42%
  • Original (emulator)

18 17.31%
  • Wonderswan Color version (emulator)

0 0%
  • Origins (Playstation)

21 20.19%
  • Origins (emulator)

3 2.88%
  • Dawn of Souls (GBA)

16 15.38%
  • Dawn of Souls (emulator)

11 10.58%
  • 20th Anniversary (PSP)

19 18.27%
  • 20th Anniversary (emulator)

1 0.96%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which version are you on?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually own the Wonderswan Color handheld version and play that.

Seriously though, Origins on my trusty psone. But the NES version will always hold a special place in my heart. Ah the first time I met Warmech as a mere youth.

I play Origins on PS2 since my PSX broke and I also have the GBA Dawn Of Souls.

you should really add the iPhone version....its guaranteed to draw more people as the userface for itunes is alot bigger than any single console ever was. Therefore giving more people the chance to experience this game!

Original on an NES emulator.

I own and have played the Origins version also. There's a simplistic charm to the original that isn't quite captured by the Origins version IMO. One of the things that made the original great is that it didn't aspire to be more than it could be with the technology available, which is why the original still holds its own against the remakes IMO. It's kinda like Tetris...you can dress it up to appeal to different subsets of your audience, but it's hard to make it indisputably better.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Is the 20th anniversary out on a different console than PSP? If not, there's a liar among us, because a PSP emu is impossible to get your hands on. And if it isn't, i demand to know where you got it.

I've played FF1 on a NES emu, on my PS2 (Origins), and on a GBA emu (what i voted for), and I couldn't get through it on any of the consoles because it sucked dick :(.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I had recently given all my consoles and games away, and kind of missed FF1, but I picked it up for my iPhone today. FF1, FF2 and Richard Garriot's Akalabeth: World of Doom - a phone full of retro RPG goodness. I lost interest in new games, anyway.
    Knock yourselves down.

Default DoS

I seem to think (For one reason or another) That even though the graphics in DoS are far more superior, The original is better, Just because its... well... Original. But maybe thats just me? I dont know. Ive talked to a lot of people who say they would take the Original over DoS.
    "I know some "little girls" who can kick your butt!" -Ritz
    Kentucky Firaga Chocobo!

I recently discovered I could buy FF1 as an app for my phone! (Not a smartphone, just a normal Verizon phone with access to their applications downloads.)

It looks like the first remakes, though I'm not sure. Graphics are nice.

Anyway, that's what I'm playing now. It's great for killing time! Especially since I haven't played FF1 in YEARS.
    <----Old Fogey

Playing on the PSP at the moment... anyone know what the differences are between DoS and 20th Anniversary PSP? Aside from graphics, obviously.

I played it for years on NES as a kid but never made it further than the Temple of Fiends revisited; kept getting my butt kicked in there and eventually it got too depressing having to start all over again after a horrible death on the final floor. Beaten the DoS version dozens of times, mostly with weird challenge parties. Although I was sad to finally kill Chaos with one white mage and not be able to screenshot it. I play DoS on a GameBoy Micro the size of a credit card, hehe.

This is my first playthrough on the PSP and I just got slaughtered by Lich with a party of four BBs (edit: oops, they're apparently called Monks in this version). Ugh. I actually found this site the other day while Googling for his (its?) stats. Apparently bosses in the PSP version have insanely kicked up defense... my party was absolutely stomping on everything, killing monsters in a single hit, and I'm thinking I must be over-leveled. Then I get to Lich and suddenly I'm getting: 6hits! 6 damage! while he's hitting my entire party for 150+ each with LIT2 and FIR2 every other turn.

It's going to piss me off if I have to level grind to the point where every single monster in the game falls in a single hit just so that I'm big enough to survive the bosses. WHY is there such a huge defense discrepancy?!

Just began PSP version. I bought it a few years back and just now getting around to playing it. Nice little version so far.

I play on the original NES, and I have 2 carts so that I can run two parties at the same time.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I have the Game Boy Advance version somewhere. I should drag it out and actually finish it at some point, since I don't recall ever making it past, say, about halfway through the game. And that was a loooong time ago.

(SPOILER)Not gonna lie, the main reason I was playing the game in the first place is cause of 8-Bit Theatre