View Poll Results: What is the BEST Final Fantasy?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

1 1.10%
  • Final Fantasy IV

8 8.79%
  • Final Fantasy V

1 1.10%
  • Final Fantasy VI

17 18.68%
  • Final Fantasy VII

21 23.08%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

7 7.69%
  • Final Fantasy IX

18 19.78%
  • Final Fantasy X (X-2)

8 8.79%
  • Final Fantasy XII

10 10.99%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BEST Final Fantasy?

The Twilight Melody dragontamer's Avatar

Default BEST Final Fantasy?

I'm creating this thread, mearly to satisfy my curiosity, and likely that of others? which is the best? (inc Remakes)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>[/

FF1? Four light warriors whom have no preset names?

FF2? firon and co.

FF3? Rafia and Ark?

FF4? cecil and Rosa and Rydia?

FF5? Reina and Butz?

FF6? Seifer?

FF7? Cloud, Aerith and SOLDIER?

FF8? Squall and Rinoa and evil sorcerusses?

FF9?Monkey tale Zidane and Garnet?

FF10-10(2)? Yuna and Tidus, Rikku and Lulu?

FF12? Vaan, Penelo, Basch, Ashe?
    Last edited by dragontamer; 02-04-2008 at 01:22 PM.
    Please visit my DeviantART page! If you have an account, please leave comments on my work to help me improve my drawing! Thanks!

no Compation....VII!
    lol spelling!<3

FF6? Seifer?
    Buh?

10/10-2. Beautiful story. By far the most developed characters to date of the series. More so than 12 even (so far). I believe they perfected turn based combat in 10 so that's why I think they changed it for 12. Being able to switch out party members at any time eliminated that old problem of a cast of characters you never used. Not only that, we were forced to switch out as certain enemies had weaknesses that could be exploited with certain characters. Added strategy. Overdrive was the best version of limit break yet. They were more like a skill that you could use occasionally rather than once every 20 battles like before. And you could control and save them while still having access to the whole command menu. Could break the 9999 limit. Sphere grid held to the class system, but allowed for customization later on as it should be. The way I like it. Yuna made an awsome Black Mage, but she was still more of a white mage/summoner. 10-2 brought back my beloved job system. And what a way to bring it back. Changing in battle and didn't have to worry about weapons. That was a big gripe with me with number 5. Everytime you changed jobs you had to go through all your inventory to outfit your characters. 10-2 no worries. As there were none. Made it faster and more simple.
    Kefka wait.
    Wait he says, Do I look like a Waiter?

VII, since X and there after Square has been shoving out utter drival with subpar stories badly paced, bad soundtracks no character development, motivation, timing, they was just there. I enjoyed VII because of its layered storyline, heavy character development and reasons, paced storyline.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

FFVI.

The characters are so layed out very well. I feel the pain. Setzer and Daryl, Cyan and his wife and son, Terra's mother and father. It goes on and on. And the story of course, and the music, my favorite part, and the best of Amano and Nomura IMO.

Definitely Final Fantasy IX.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally retarded.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    Definitely Final Fantasy IX.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally retarded.
    Well, that's true, I mean, everybody knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuggly Blight View Post
    VII, since X and there after Square has been shoving out utter drival with subpar stories badly paced, bad soundtracks no character development, motivation, timing, they was just there. I enjoyed VII because of its layered storyline, heavy character development and reasons, paced storyline.
    You mean convoluted story that left us wondering what the hell was going on at times? Where the game failed to answer those questions till a few hours later? That's not pacing. 7 had character development.? Hmmm I sure as hell can't think when or where. They only even attempted character development with Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris (though I wouldn't count her cause she didn't live long enough to count). All the rest got what? 1 flashback scene telling their story. That's not character development.
    Kefka wait.
    Wait he says, Do I look like a Waiter?

FFIX without a doubt.
    ~Gil
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men."

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toad626 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuggly Blight View Post
    You mean convoluted story that left us wondering what the hell was going on at times? Where the game failed to answer those questions till a few hours later? That's not pacing. 7 had character development.? Hmmm I sure as hell can't think when or where. They only even attempted character development with Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris (though I wouldn't count her cause she didn't live long enough to count). All the rest got what? 1 flashback scene telling their story. That's not character development.
    hey, hey, take it easy. i thought you said you liked VII. Well, in defense on one point - character development is, in the end, a character ending up at a different place than they started out. Vincent was in a coffin, yet in the end he "magically tells you" (as wolf kanno likes to put it) all the things he learned - he gains closure and moves onto whatever he did in Dirge of Cerberus. Barret, for all intents and purposes, is Osama bin Laden, yet he relates at the end that it wasn't the right way to go about things, and fights in a way that will truly save the planet. Cid is a washed up pilot, and in all likelihood an alcoholic, yet he joins that world-rebuilding thingy afterwards, yuffie a common thief and she leads that, too. Reeve a Shinra manager, ends up in a group saving the world, yada yada yada.

FF-X, without a doubt. Although XII is a close second.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFVII, and leave me alone your smurfing meanies!

@Toad626: I find it funny that you criticise FFVII for its character developement after having applauded FFX for the best character developement in the series.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    @Toad626: I find it funny that you criticise FFVII for its character developement after having applauded FFX for the best character developement in the series.
    Yeah that is ironic as X has NO character development at all, or pacing, the only attempt was a very bad stitch in scene with Lulu and Waka mid game.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"