Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DMC4 for PS3 and 360

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pointless View Post
    I've played the demo off Xbox Live and had some fun with it but I'm not 100% convinced that I'd want to buy it. Maybe I'll get it second-hand off eBay at some point?

What do you think of it so far?
    Pretty great action wise, though the story is pretty "meh" in my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post

Pretty great action wise, though the story is pretty "meh" in my honest opinion.
    Well thats just DMC in general.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gen Gaming? And wtf Fonzie there's a DMC 4 thread YOU POSTED IN TWO DAYS AGO there. xD

Anyways, go there. Or maybe I'll merge these.

EDIT: Merged

Signature by rubah. I think.

I got the game this morning but have only managed to get to Mission 3. Unfortunately ive had other, more important things to do today. Either way ive got my night completely free so I might do a hardcore playing session tonight till the early hours of the morning.

So far what ive seen is baisically what was shown in the demo. The story hasnt thrown anything mindblowing at me yet but I liked the cutscenes at the beginning of the game. (SPOILER)Even if the showdown between Nero and Dante wasnt as awesome as I would of hoped. I guess that will be shown later in the game.

I intially disliked Nero but hes definately grown on me. I prefer him to Dante in this game to be honest. Dante has lost his witty edge so has turned pretty boring. Im sort of glad hes not the main character.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Ovcourse once I get either console.

:]

My brother's playing it but theres a particular battle cutscene with some chick with blue eyes...geez...she definatly had some interesting moves...and clothes lol!

game looks good though! story hasnt really taken off but its only in the beggining!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

I beat this game the day I got it on the 6th. And I love Nero(Voiced by Vash the Stampede for those who didnt know Johnny B.) he is way cool and his sword and arm are brutal!
    oh and btw
    Nero:Close ranged combo fighter great melee damage crappy ranged damage hard to dodge with out upgrades.
    Dante:All around char. but is not as combo friendly as Nero.
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

I got this game the other day. I don't really like it. It tries so hard to be cool that it's funny. I lol alot.

Some of the dialogue is terrible but its to be expected.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Some of the dialogue is terrible but its to be expected.
    That, and the many plot holes the story has this time around.

The story is pretty damn bad.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf090 View Post
    Dante:All around char. but is not as combo friendly as Nero.
    Gotta disagree with this one. I haven't unlocked Dante yet, but judging from the last game I imagine being able to switch between 4 weapons at any given time, and 4 styles in the same way, leads to many more combo opportunities than Nero's static set of weapons.

I think I would prefer Dante to Nero once I got him since I prefer to be more stylish in this series, but Nero definitely has his place. He's different enough in his style that I've been able to get comfortable with his one-sword-one-gun-one-arm abilities, though I have to say if it wasn't for his Exceed I wouldn't be that interested in him. The arm is pretty cool though. Mission 8: you can catch Credo's lance and throw it back at him.

Game's still quite fun and challenging sometimes, but I think my 'awesome meter' broke around the end of September. I haven't been really impressed yet.