so whos gonna buy it? is it just me?

Love is equal to suffering

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think this thread should be limited to the PS3, and it's already out in the US.

I'm going to get it. Have you played the demo?

Yes, it was really great. I cant wait for the game!

well... dmc4 is for xbox, ps3, and pc so... yeah, they're included too, but Im gonna buy it for ps3.

Im getting it this Friday. I just have enough for DMC4 and a Dualshock 3 (which should arrive this weekend). Considering I just bought Burnout Paradise last weekend as well, I sure have blown alot of money recently.

Im gonna see if I can blow through the game in a weekend. Ive done it with the last three games so Its kinda tradition now.

I only have money for dmc... I cant buy two games, its to expensive for me.

Apparently a lot of people are bitching and moaning about how long it takes to install DMC on the PS3. I don't think it'd bother me. It's just a one-time thing.

Load times are apparantly 3x quicker on the PS3 version than the 360. I reckon 20 minutes for it to install is well worth it.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The issue is that it's a required 25 minute installation, not an optional one, that uses up several gigabytes of harddrive space. So instead of it taking, say, six seconds to load an area, it only takes two. Score.

I miss the days when you could slip a disc into your ps2 and play within a few minutes instead of fussing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    I miss the days when you could slip a disc into your ps2 and play within a few minutes instead of fussing around.
    And I like the days when you can start playing a game in under a minute after you put the disc in. If you lot had PS3's you'd thank the fact that you install a game onto your harddrive. It makes a BIG difference in the long run.

I rly like ps3

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think they ever really emphasized that load times would be faster than the 360 if you install it. It's not really a huge selling point if it's only a few seconds faster than the 360. The install supposedly makes it load much faster than it would if it were streaming from the BluRay. In fact Capcom thinks it's so much better than that that they don't even have an option to not install it.

I don't have that much stuff on my PS3 anyway, so the chunk of space it takes out doesn't bother me much.

I was fooling around in the demo a little more this morning after I heard about the 'Instant Rev' for Nero, where you tap the Rev button after an attack at a certain time to get one stock of Rev (I don't know if that's the real name for it). You can actually do it after every hit in a combo, and it appears to make the hits faster and stronger. It beats standing there pressing L2 3 or 4 times to get one stock. I got through the 10 minute demo a lot faster using the Instant Rev thing than I did the last couple of times I did it.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    I don't think they ever really emphasized that load times would be faster than the 360 if you install it. It's not really a huge selling point if it's only a few seconds faster than the 360. The install supposedly makes it load much faster than it would if it were streaming from the BluRay. In fact Capcom thinks it's so much better than that that they don't even have an option to not install it.

I don't have that much stuff on my PS3 anyway, so the chunk of space it takes out doesn't bother me much.

I was fooling around in the demo a little more this morning after I heard about the 'Instant Rev' for Nero, where you tap the Rev button after an attack at a certain time to get one stock of Rev (I don't know if that's the real name for it). You can actually do it after every hit in a combo, and it appears to make the hits faster and stronger. It beats standing there pressing L2 3 or 4 times to get one stock. I got through the 10 minute demo a lot faster using the Instant Rev thing than I did the last couple of times I did it.
    I would pass the time by Reving up before every area or boss fight. xD

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Devil May Cry 4 Thread

So, I picked up my copy yesterday, stopped at Mission 8, and had to start farming red orbs so I could fight (SPOILER)Credo fairly.

Anyone else playing the game?

I feel a song coming on.. Pointless's Avatar

I've played the demo off Xbox Live and had some fun with it but I'm not 100% convinced that I'd want to buy it. Maybe I'll get it second-hand off eBay at some point?

What do you think of it so far?