Thread: Videogame item usage habit!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm usually the exact opposite. Use now regret later I say

I don't have a problem using items, but I tend to keep the first weapons equipped for all the characters throughout the entire game because I feel attached to them.

Oh that's another thing. I never sell old equipment if it's a game where you have unlimited storage. I want to keep 1 of everything, I only sell duplicate old armors or something

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Oh that's another thing. I never sell old equipment if it's a game where you have unlimited storage. I want to keep 1 of everything, I only sell duplicate old armors or something

THE JACKAL
    Same here.

I tend to over use items.

I figure, if it's in the game it's there for a reason, and if it's able to be used at any given time then I will use it at any given time. If there's something that's needed for a boss or as something that you -need- for one (or multiple) time use but it only used on that one thing, well.. that's usually put in the "Rare item" tab outside of the other items.

If I run out of any items, I'll just farm for money or farm an area where I know the item is dropped.

Now I might have mega-elixirs or x-potions, but it's not because I didn't use them obsessively, it's because I had so many and I didn't need that many.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post

THE JACKAL
    Also guilty. :P
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah, you never know when you get a quest that requires it, or something.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

NEVER USE ITEMS YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED THEM!

i never use mega healing items untill the final fight and hardly even then... why waste healing items lvling when you can heal with MP untill you run out then spend the nigh at the inn refill the MP and start lvling over again... in my opinion healing items are only necessary during boss fights, if one of my characters dies while lvling i reset the game... rare weapons and stuff i have a tendancy of storing untill they become obsolete and useless to me XD...

with Resident Evil i love the limited ammo and stuff though, i love counting down my bullets as i play (it adds to the suspense), and like another player on here i tend to use the pistols for the first half and the shotguns for the second half and i save the Grenade Launcher and other uber wepons for the final bosses which i rarely need them for in the first place...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The only time I'm careful with items is in games which have an item synthesis system (coughFFIXcough) because you never know when that piece of equipment may no longer be available. I try not to sell equipment to fund new ones in most cases.

I know the feeling lol. On FFX I bought everything I could buy at a store like 99 items lol even Maps XD

~Gamer 4 Life!!!! ^-^~

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I used to enact in similar tendencies; however, I have since realized that it would be pointless to continuously decline to use the rare item since they hardly sell for much. Elixirs have consistently sold for 1 Gil in a majority of the Final Fantasy series, for example.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Me, too ; ;

This is also one of the reasons why I usually choose a hunter/warrior class in RPGs, so I'm not relying on my MP or ammunition to heavily

I feel a song coming on.. Pointless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Death By Moogles View Post
    I don't have a problem using items, but I tend to keep the first weapons equipped for all the characters throughout the entire game because I feel attached to them.
    I always do that.

I overcame my problem with using magical items in Oblivion by just giving myself lots of gold via the console and recharging them often. It's cheating but god knows I've put loads of time and effort into playing this game the proper way, so now I'm just having fun. I'm currently modding my house. :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

Certain items like Holy War in FFVIII i definately save to the end.

But if it's a game where I know what the final boss is gonna be like, I've learned to use them when I need them. in alot of the FF's you're not going to need to use most of the elixers/mega/x/whatever in the final fight so I use them when its appropriate. Although its real fun in games like VI, checking every clock to build up your elixers throughout the entire game...only to find the final boss is a piece of cake if you've been searching thoroughly, anyway.