Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Perfect Fighting Game

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Sounds like you haven't played Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (or 2, but 3 is better and has online) on the Wii. Dead serious. Pretty much describes just about everything you mentioned, except the life bars.
    I've played way more than those I had mentioned I played Beast Fury I think it was called Budokai 2, Soul Calibur Virtua Fighter, MvC, and more. DBZ only has the flight combat and the huge roster, but nothing else I listed with the exception of online because I was ignorant that 3 had it, but I don't believe the customization is as deep as I described the perfect to have. The flying in that game seems a bit off balance too and doesn't make you feel like you're really going at break neck speed. Concerning no life bars I like the idea of an adrenaline rush, but it would be only active if you manage to block or evade a few of your opponet's moves.

I dont think you played fighting games competitively based on what you listed for #1, #4, and maybe #5/6... but thats just me, i play it mostly so i can play other people and get better/have fun. Story/flashy stuff is secondary compared to gameplay and the mechanics. If its all just fluff and no competition like some fighting games, then its just gonna die due to no one taking it seriously.

The problem for me in a huge character roster is that most likely, some of them are going to be so low tier, that its not much of a reason for them being there outside of random fun value. Anyone playing in a tournament probably wont use them =/ Exceptions to this is GGXX or maybe Brawl atm. However those that do follow this are CvS2(not so much), MvC2(VERY), and Smash Melee.

The adrenaline rush thing is akin to S Groove and certain KoF bar systems of the past though so its kinda already been done. However to be taken seriously there has to be some mark of whats going on, so i think we do need lifebars or a percentage of damage so we know whats up. Fatigue imo only makes a slippery slope effect where if you are losing, you are probably gonna keep losing, with not much hope of making it back. Theres no comeback imo with that, which makes otherwise a good potential match, go stale/predictable.

JKTrix and Roogle said what i had thought about the matter though, online play is totally a must with arcades dying out(and preferably with good netcode so no lag), and the Street Fighters with different numbers changed alot imo. Even Alpha 2 => Alpha 3. It just isnt apparent to someone who is just watching though admittingly.
    Last edited by Lionx; 02-22-2008 at 09:35 PM.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It seems like you described Smash Bros. Brawl, to be honest.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

• Strawberry stages
    • Cute panties
    • Candy, instead of blood, spouts from characters when they're hit
    • Giant plushies are opponents and secret, optional characters
    • Animal sidekicks

Being able to interact a lot more with the environment would be nice - realistic physics concerning destruction too, such as glass breaking, dented surfaces...chairs knocked over...stuff like that.

Other than that, I'd just love to see less restricted areas. It'd be fun for a wounded opponent to run off, and then have to hunt him down to deliver the final blow or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    I dont think you played fighting games competitively based on what you listed for #1, #4, and maybe #5/6... but thats just me, i play it mostly so i can play other people and get better/have fun. Story/flashy stuff is secondary compared to gameplay and the mechanics. If its all just fluff and no competition like some fighting games, then its just gonna die due to no one taking it seriously.
    Well you're sort of right I don't really have any friends so I just play against the AI most of the time. I just want to see something very different. I don't think that having a huge roster would succumb to a whole lot of very low level characters a lot of them may seem alike, but they should be able to deal and handle moderate damage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    It seems like you described Smash Bros. Brawl, to be honest.
    Well, it's missing 6, but I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post

Well you're sort of right I don't really have any friends so I just play against the AI most of the time. I just want to see something very different. I don't think that having a huge roster would succumb to a whole lot of very low level characters a lot of them may seem alike, but they should be able to deal and handle moderate damage.
    From my experiences, it tends to be so for one reason or another. Most tournament videos you see from Japan show only a couple when theres amass of characters. But not always like i said, just usually it does.

I would like to see something different too, but it has to be not overbearing..it shouldnt overshadow the flow of the game between the two players and the mindgames/mixup stuff you find in the more popular fighting games. Else some just dont take it seriously...=/ Smash Brawl like they said, can be as different and casual like you want, or as competitive as the rest. Win there lol.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3