Thread: Mana Spirits

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Mana Spirits

Old habits die hard! And I'm back to fiddling with RPG Maker again! I've decided that I'm going to work with 2003 because I know the system well, and I've decided to make a thread on Eyes on hoping people will try it, give me some reviews, maybe volunteer to help too.

Here I am presenting... My game! Weeee~
    I have my first demo done, and thanks to rubah I have a place to put it. I hope that you guys will try it out.

Some of the ideas behind the game....
    1. Let's make RPGs hard again. The first demo is short and pretty easy but it won't stay that way.
    2. Homage. I'm putting some tributes to other games throughout. Since VTG hasn't gotten to make me any music yet, that includes Final Fantasy music

If your interested in downloading here's the Link, and instructions on how to download it....
    RPG Maker 2003's installer sucks so let me explain now...

Step 1. Download zip. Simple enough just use my link and download Mana Spirits. Edit: I realized your going to have problems reading the game unless you download a fonts I put that on the index as well download that too.
    Step 2. Extract the zipped stuff (simple enough)
    Step 3. Click the setup file AKA The Girl with the Sword.
    Step 4. You'll get a thing that looks like this
    Looks scary doesn't it?
    Don't worry, All you have to remember is A. Where the game is going (you can change that), then B. Press the LEFT box of question marks. The game will download and poof you have the game.
    Step 5. Remember Those fonts you downloaded? cut them, then go to wherever your game was sent, go in the file "font" and paste those fonts in there.
    Step 6. Almost done! Now go back and all the way down till you see "RPG_RT" which is an application file. Thats the button you press to play the game!
    Oh and if you want a quicker way to play the game you can copy the RPG_RT into your desktop

It sounds complicated but its pretty easy!
    I hope everyone gives me demo a try, a review... and maybe I'll get a few spriters or something

EDIT: I just noticed my game's name is a lot like Hero Spirits, I didn't mean that oddler, and if you want me to change it then I will whoops :0
    EDIT2: I'm gonna put some screenshots later. Oh and I'll be updating this thread with new demos and stuff like that
    EDIT3: For those who finishedI know that Argon's battleset is huge, leave me alone, I didn't feel like making a new one yet xD it will get done though
    EDIT4 xD : If you find a glitch or there's something wrong with the game, don't just laugh at me, tell me so I can fix it
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 12-18-2007 at 10:06 PM.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

You can name your game anything you like, GooBoo.

I've never played an RM2K3 game before. I can't promise when I'll be able to check it out but I will.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'm gonna have to play it. I hope you improve your difficulty, cause once I moved my game to 2k3 the difficulty dropped big time.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The area outside the dude's house has no solids. I could walk over the well and the trees easily.

Also how do you backspace on the rename section? I had to make do with TreniCOCK and CharlesFAIL.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    The area outside the dude's house has no solids. I could walk over the well and the trees easily.

Also how do you backspace on the rename section? I had to make do with TreniCOCK and CharlesFAIL.
    xD
    You use the escape button.

Really? Whoops. I'll have that fixed for the next demo.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I will download this and give you some constructive criticism GoBo! Beware!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

love it GB i couldnt find the font folder but i read everything find so whatever but yea ill finish it later

Okay, a little help needed, I've done step 4, skipped step 5 as I can't be bothered to download the Fonts but then I can't find the file RPG_RT.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Okay, a little help needed, I've done step 4, skipped step 5 as I can't be bothered to download the Fonts but then I can't find the file RPG_RT.
    Start step four again and look where the project path is. Then hit the right box of question marks. Now your out of that screen go exactly to where the project path said, (it'll probably be in your Program files as rpgmaker2003), then find the game folder click on it, go all the way down till you see an icon of a girl holder a sword, thats the RPG_RT.

'Cuz Everyone Needs Crazy Psychokitty's Avatar

How many KB does the game have and how long does it take to download? Curently in the 1MBs.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think it was about 16MB.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

'Cuz Everyone Needs Crazy Psychokitty's Avatar

Wow, I gave up and canceled at about 15MB, dang. . . .

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish at least one of the games that pop up here would get finished... é_è Anyway good luck! I don't have broadband right now but if people say it's good, maybe I'll try it once I'm back to Frankfurt.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Try Demon Spirits, I think that was the name, Best RPG to come from RM2K3 <3

Articles
    Blog Entries

You smurfing bet I'm gonna play it, GoBo! *downloads*