Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lost Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    The amount of people blasting through this game so quickly makes me worry that it's going to be a lot shorter than I anticipated, so I hope that's just more to do with people investing a lot of time into the game rather than it not being very long.
    The overall length of the game seems about average.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I need to pick this up whenever I get the time.

I think I will have to get this tomorrow...
    :mog: Have Complete: I,II,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII,Tactics :mog:

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VI & Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Yeah I got no idea how Blue Dragon outscored LO, it just makes absolutely no sense to me.

The amount of people blasting through this game so quickly makes me worry that it's going to be a lot shorter than I anticipated, so I hope that's just more to do with people investing a lot of time into the game rather than it not being very long.
    I think these people are playing it for hours. I barely get 20 minutes to play this game on a day I am not busy.

This game has restored my faith in J-RPGs. To be frank, I was sick of them and decided I was done with the genre. But this reminds me why I like them in the first place.

Also, those Dream stories are worth 60 dollars alone.

Edit: By the way... If you save, go back to the menu screen, and load the game, it refills everybody's HP and MP. Why not just make the save points refill you in the first place?
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 02-21-2008 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    This game has restored my faith in J-RPGs. To be frank, I was sick of them and decided I was done with the genre. But this reminds me why I like them in the first place.

Also, those Dream stories are worth 60 dollars alone.
    SAme here. Once I played Morrowind. I was hooked on western RPGs, and with this JRPG. It's a breath of fresh air.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Edit: By the way... If you save, go back to the menu screen, and load the game, it refills everybody's HP and MP. Why not just make the save points refill you in the first place?
    Awesome, I love you for posting that dude.

Also am I the only one who gets entirely frustrated by having a bunch of battles, wasting a load of items to replenish your HP and MP and then come across one of those HP/MP restoring bubbles? it's so much hate

Awesome, I love you for posting that dude.

Also am I the only one who gets entirely frustrated by having a bunch of battles, wasting a load of items to replenish your HP and MP and then come across one of those HP/MP restoring bubbles? it's so much hate
    I love bug exploitation.

Huzzah!!!!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I hit disc four last night. I'll be playing it again as soon as my roommate is done with Madden.

I'm saddling disc 3 now.

(SPOILER)I was kinda hoping for a few scenes between Kaim and Sarah. I don't really get a love feeling. They feel more like strangers than Kaim and Seth do.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm saddling disc 3 now.

(SPOILER)I was kinda hoping for a few scenes between Kaim and Sarah. I don't really get a love feeling. They feel more like strangers than Kaim and Seth do.
    (SPOILER)That's because while Kaim remembers Sarah, she does not remember him. She knows, because of her diaries, that she loved Kaim enough to marry him and have his daughter, but she doesn't actually have those memories of loving him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I'm saddling disc 3 now.

(SPOILER)That's because while Kaim remembers Sarah, she does not remember him. She knows, because of her diaries, that she loved Kaim enough to marry him and have his daughter, but she doesn't actually have those memories of loving him.
    (SPOILER)I know, I do get that. But at the same time, it's like she made this huge speech about knowing she still loved him despite it all. And after I was expecting them to get to know each other, or try to rekindle it, and they really never did.

Plus, she cares tons about Mack and Cooke and she didn't know them at all before now. They're her grandkids, so it makes sense, but I still wish she'd been a little more intense about Kaim.

It's not like it's a huge deal or anything, though. xD At least I get Jansen x Ming to backflip over.

I'm about to hit the third disc.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

The game is fantastic. It's basically what FFXII should have been. Not that I didn't like FFXII, b/c I'm one of the few people who really liked it, but nevertheless, there's something about LO that feels more like a FF game than FFXII did or XIII will, and it's not just the traditional combat system.
    I love the difficulty, it was a huge surprise, although at a couple points it gets frustrating(I hate regular enemies that take 0 damage from regular attacks(SPOILER)like the ones in Kaim and Sarah's old house they burn through my mp so friggin fast)
    I was excited about the 4 discs until I had to change to disc 2 less than 10 hours into the game. I thought the game was going to be huge, but I guess it's just average. I hope, though, that the the last disc is jam-packed full of extra stuff to do. I'm especially hoping for some massive hidden boss monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I would love to play this game since it's made by tow of my favorite game developers Sakaguchi and composer Uematsu, but it's for the curse word and I'm wondering why has Sakaguchi decided to make his games exclusively for the 360, especially with the game being on four discs which on PS3 it it would have only been on one.
    He made it exclusively for 360 b/c Microsoft funded the development of Mistwalker. I don't think it has anything to do with anything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    The game is fantastic. It's basically what FFXII should have been. Not that I didn't like FFXII, b/c I'm one of the few people who really liked it, but nevertheless, there's something about LO that feels more like a FF game than FFXII did or XIII will, and it's not just the traditional combat system.
    I love the difficulty, it was a huge surprise, although at a couple points it gets frustrating(I hate regular enemies that take 0 damage from regular attacks(SPOILER)like the ones in Kaim and Sarah's old house they burn through my mp so friggin fast)
    I was excited about the 4 discs until I had to change to disc 2 less than 10 hours into the game. I thought the game was going to be huge, but I guess it's just average. I hope, though, that the the last disc is jam-packed full of extra stuff to do. I'm especially hoping for some massive hidden boss monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I would love to play this game since it's made by tow of my favorite game developers Sakaguchi and composer Uematsu, but it's for the curse word and I'm wondering why has Sakaguchi decided to make his games exclusively for the 360, especially with the game being on four discs which on PS3 it it would have only been on one.
    He made it exclusively for 360 b/c Microsoft funded the development of Mistwalker. I don't think it has anything to do with anything but that.
    I heard all the Japanese companies killed the HD format, and are only supporting the BLu-rays. Which is gonna suck now because we get a lot of our electronics from that country and other asian countries that are sure to align with this.