Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WII or 360

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default WII or 360

I'm thinking of getting a new system, but I dunno which one. I need youse guys opinion. I probably won't be able to get online with either one. And also please no 'Get nya cause the nya sucks'. Also I put a list of what two games I'll get most likely.

WIIshlist
    Metroid Prime 3
    Twighlight Princess

X Wish 360 list-thing
    Blue Dragon
    Eternal Sonada

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like both, I'd recommend the Wii for you based on the games you're getting.

I wouldn't buy a 360 if Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata are what you're pumped about. Blue Dragon is pretty good, and Eternal Sonata I personally hated with passion but others seem to like just "okay". They're really nothing special.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    I wouldn't buy a 360 if Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata are what you're pumped about. Blue Dragon is pretty good, and Eternal Sonata I personally hated with passion but others seem to like just "okay". They're really nothing special.
    I was exactly the exact opposite. I loathed Blue Dragon and found Eternal Sonata amusing. If those are the only games you're concerned about, though, I'd definitely take a looksie at the Wii. The Xbox 360 has so much more available for it, but not much in the way of RPGs (which appears to be your prime concern). Still, I'm pumped for Lost Odyssey.

FFXIV Character

Is Blue Dragon that bad? I heard it was a nice throwback to old RPGs. I'm leaning even more towards WII, if I can find it.

I can't recommend that anyone buy an Xbox 360 until they finally fix it. A 33% failure rate is simply not acceptable. Especially since it's biggest selling point is the online play, which you apparently won't be doing.

Even if you have no online connection I'd still recommend a 360 over the Wii.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    Is Blue Dragon that bad? I heard it was a nice throwback to old RPGs. I'm leaning even more towards WII, if I can find it.
    It's a nice throwback if all you want is a rehash of every other JRPG ever made.

Yeah, pretty much that. I wouldn't really say Blue Dragon is bad, so much as it didn't do anything good either (what?!). Just play Final Fantasy V and you'll have played Blue Dragon too.

Blog Entries

If those are the only games you're really considering at this point for your 360, I'd recommend the Wii over the 360. The 360 doesn't seem to have an abundance of what you're looking for on the 360.

FFXIV Character

Those aren't the only games. I was thinking about Dead Rising and Devil May Cry 4 (I think that's on 360).

Blog Entries

Ah, yeah. Devil May Cry 4 is coming out for the 360.

I feel a song coming on.. Pointless's Avatar

360. I've played both and although I found the Wii a lot of fun there's no real depth. Getting drawn into games is one of the reasons I game in the first place.

So, if you want depth choose the 360 and if you want a bit of fun choose the Wii.

Blog Entries

What do you mean by "a bit of fun"? I may generally prefer the Wii over the 360, but I wouldn't describe the 360 as lacking in fun. Both systems have games that can crack a smile, methinks. The Wii just happens to be advertised as having the ability to do that.
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 01-28-2008 at 01:15 AM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It really depends on the kind of game you want to play. If you want the stuff Nintendo are good at (ie, Mario and Zelda), go for the Wii. If you want absolutely anything else, you want a 360.