Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Final Fantasy Boss Ever!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Optional bosses...Ozma if only cause there is no way to counter mini and its not fair Meteor does as much damage to you as it does to your enemies... I feel the battle is based more on luck than skill...
    Ozma wasn't as hard for me at the time I fought him. Meteor doesn't do damage to the party unless you're referring to doomsday. When Ozma does cast it you can prevent him from healing himself by casting curse on him until he's weak to shadow so he'll get hurt by his own attack.

For me it was Omega Weapon in VIII and the final boss in Chrono Trigger. One hit with either one of them and by party was dead.

I've beaten the Demon wall w/o slow... course it was the GBA port, but still, it was really easy for me... and I wasn't on that high a level for that point in the game...
    Last edited by arcanedude34; 09-02-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Required - Yunalesca
    Optional - Penance

Are you people joking? I beat the evil wall without using slow, on the snes version, every time. It's never a challenge. Maybe it helps that I always do the Land of Summoned Monsters first? Are you people not doing that? Because leviathan=dead wall.

But then again, most of you will think I'm joking when I say the FFVIII boss was by far the hardest I've ever faced. I could not have beat her without savestates. And no, I didn't go out of my way to level until having the best GFs, and yes, I used every cheap, cheating limit break in the book and threw everything at her and she just wouldn't freakin die. It took forever just using savestates. The rest of the game is pretty easy, but I have no idea how anyone can say that boss was easy. Yet almost everyone does.

I don't count the extra bosses as "hard," really, because all the ones I can think of are pretty easy if you know the right trick. I'm really too lazy to bother with that, so I go to gamefaqs to find out how to beat them. No I don't care about the challenge, I just want to beat the stupid game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    Are you people joking? I beat the evil wall without using slow, on the snes version, every time.
    Snes version was the easy version, iirc

there was a picture here

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Optional bosses...Ozma if only cause there is no way to counter mini and its not fair Meteor does as much damage to you as it does to your enemies... I feel the battle is based more on luck than skill...
    Ozma wasn't as hard for me at the time I fought him. Meteor doesn't do damage to the party unless you're referring to doomsday. When Ozma does cast it you can prevent him from healing himself by casting curse on him until he's weak to shadow so he'll get hurt by his own attack.
    Doesn't do damage?! I know how to counter Doomsday but occasionally he fires off Meteor and that thing does almost max damage to your party even when their levels are above normal. Its complete luck it either doesn't cast it or the spell burns out. Mini has always been the bigger problem anyway. You can't prevent it with an ability or equipment and it lowers your attack and defense significantly. He usually launches Meteor at me if I can't get my party back to normal size. I could power level but it seems pointless.

For me it was Omega Weapon in VIII and the final boss in Chrono Trigger. One hit with either one of them and by party was dead.
    Lavos can 1-Shot your party? Maybe the uber Lavos you fight at the Ocean Palace can; since its stats are significantly greater than the one you fight at end game. Other than that I don't remember any of its forms being too terribly hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I'm going to Say Evil Wall in IV. Hardest Required Boss ever.

Of optionals, Ruby.
    I kicked Evil Wall's ass the very first time I encountered him. Of course I was also squealing "Why can't he just die!?" throughout the entire battle. I've only ever used Slow on it once, which was my most recent runthrough, now that I'd gained my hardon for Time Magic and used it nearly every battle.

Anyway.

I don't know about which is actually hardest, but the one that kept me stuck in one spot for longest (a couple of weeks actually) was the Materia Keeper in VII. Being my first ever RPG, I was still unsure of what exactly I was doing so the bastard would own me as he is definitely the hardest boss up to that point; everyone else had been an utter pushover relatively speaking.*

Of the optionals, Ozma, as it's very difficult to effectively defend against status ailments in FFIX and those are my biggest fear in any FF game.

*I take that back. Adel in FFVIII. I'd been so reliant on GFs on my way through the game and hadn't bothered to learn to Junction properly that she violently raped me. The enemies in the Lunatic Pandora on disc 4 are all level 1 so you can't draw much good magic to junction and you can't really level up. I literally restarted the game because of her.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 09-03-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

The Weapons in the PS FF Games.
    They were the strongest IMO.
    And thoses FFX... can't remember the name....

Why didn't use refine to get Magic?

why does everyone say Seymour flux was hard?...the hardest in that game was (SPOILER)Braskas final aeon, It took me forever to beat him and I barely did that....almost restarted my game bc of him for the 30th timeXD

Absolute Virtue or Pandemonium Warden.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Yunalesca D:

Because I didn't grind up to that point n____n very epic! the first two times, then that hour long scene just added shameful self into my mind.

edit: never fighting, Absolute Virtue undeniable xD I've seen videos.

Yunalesca. She has three forms and has attacks that can one shot your team if you haven't prepared for them. Of course, if you have prepared, she'll just Regen and Curaga your Zombies to defeat and having to watch that annoyingly long scene three times in a row until you beat her is annoying. Definetly the Hardest Required Boss for me.

the Demon Wall in FF7 seriously kicked my butt first time I played through FF7. Oh, and also that boss at that Cosmo Canyon cave... anyone know the name?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by felfenix View Post
    Absolute Virtue or Pandemonium Warden.
    They shouldn't be counted, they where designed to lock the fighters in unending combat; they are not suppose to be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    the Demon Wall in FF7 seriously kicked my butt first time I played through FF7. Oh, and also that boss at that Cosmo Canyon cave... anyone know the name?
    Gi Nattak. I feared that boss only for the long dungeon preceding it, with no chance to save along the way. Then I learned to toss the X-Potion found right before the fight at it. Since then I've beaten it by normal means many a time, but for the longest time I always used to just chuck that X-Potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    The Weapons in the PS FF Games.
    They were the strongest IMO.
    And thoses FFX... can't remember the name....

Why didn't use refine to get Magic?
    Back then I hadn't worked that out. I really didn't do much right with that game at all the first time round.