Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Heroes

Thumbs up No More Heroes

I have heard alot of people talking about this, but I didn't see a thread about it here... For shame!

Crazy, Funny, Great game play, very very inappropriate moments.

Your a perverted guy who got a light saber (they call it a beam katana) off an internet auction. You become an assassin and become involved in a real life leader bored of assassins, you drive a huge motorcycle and fight ridiculous bosses. The game starts with you attacking the 10th ranked assassin in the world to take his place.

It is ridiculously bloody, has a bizarre sense of humor, you get to use the Wiimote to deliver vicious finishing blows that send blood spraying all over the place, or use the Wiimote and nunchucku at the same time to perform crazy wrestling moves.

You sit on the toilet to save the game, there is hot chick with a ridiculous French accent who is helping you out, you are making ridiculous passes at her and trying to convince her to have sex with you if you make it to number one.

And I have only been playing the game for about an hour and a half!

What is not awesome about that?
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

1) Don't you start with the 11th Rank?

2) HElping? I hardly see how she has ever helped you in the slightest. Unless what you call her doing in all your "Pre-boss Chat's" reverse Psycology, she's a bitch.

3) This is quite possibly the greatest game yet to be released on the Wii. Killing guys in different areas of the game will get you such amazing lines such as, "MY spleen!" and my personal favorite, "I'm still a virgin!"

In short, if you do not have this game yet, remedy the situation in the immediate future.

I'm currently the Rank 2 assassin. And Dol, just wait until Destroy Man, lots of fun in that fight.

It kills me that I don't have Wii. No More Heroes is the first game that really makes me feel like I need one. I love Suda 51.

Anyway, if you enjoy the game, you should check out some of the inspirations that birthed it. I definitely recommend Seijun Suzuki's "ピストルオペラ (Pistol Opera)," and Alejandro Jodorowsky's "El Topo."
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 02-15-2008 at 06:54 AM.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My roomate just beat this. Crazy game. Good stuff.

It makes me think of God Hand for a slightly more depraved crowd. Definitely works for me. :P

Looks like this game was resurrected from the Dreamcast era. Not like thats a bad thing or anything. This is probably the biggest reason for me to get a Wii. I dig the style of the game but am unsure about its gameplay. Hack and slash games, in my opinion, dont suit the Wii's controls. But im sure its still a great game to play. I enjoyed Killer 7 despite finding the gameplay pretty dire.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I'm glad the game is doing well. I think saying it's "quite possibly the greatest game yet to be released on the Wii" is overselling it though. At times I feel like I paid too much money for this game when I play it, like it should be one of those 'Simple 2000' budget games. Games are overly expensive where I live anyway, so that's an opinion I have pretty often. There's a lot of stuff about the game's design that I don't like, but there's just enough good stuff in there that keeps me from putting it on the 'hiatus' shelf.

So I definitely think it's worth getting and I like it quite a bit overall, but I have quite a few titles that precede it in my '3rd party games you should get for the Wii if you don't have them already' list.

Also, Black & White manual and lack of Genki Rockets video made me sad. (Heavenly Star, the song, is still in the US version of the game, but the video seems to have been removed and replaced with the very first "Heroes" trailer.)
    Last edited by JKTrix; 02-15-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've wanted this game so bad for so long (big fan of Killer7) but man, I can't justify buying it yet. I agree that I wish it was a budget title if only for the fact that I'm broke.

Well I'm part of the crowd that thinks its easily one of the Wii's best titles yet.

And I find the Gameplay to be very enjoyable.

I finished the game today. I love the Lovikov references to Killer 7.

Just finished it, and wow.

Thats really all I have to say is Wow.

Did you get the real ending?

Well, I clicked "The Real Ending" and fought (SPOILER)Henry, found out he's my brother, yadda yadda, so I assume yes.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I finished the game today. I love the Lovikov references to Killer 7.
    There's also a billboard for a generic action movie near the Luchaco station, and the name of the posted actor is "Dan Harman."

Furthermore, one of the bosses has a refrigerator...the brand of which is "Chiller7."

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I heard this game was pretty average and it's just the fanboys trying to grasp at straws who are making a big deal of it.