Thread: Smash Bros Brawl Tournaments

Default Smash Bros Brawl Tournaments

Nintendo World Report - News Article: Nintendo and Best Buy Throw Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament

Basically, hosted by Best Buy, lots of cool prizes... 4 locations
    Feb. 16
    Doors open at 3 p.m.
    Orpheum Theater
    842 S. Broadway
    Los Angeles, CA 90014

Feb. 23
    Doors open at 2 p.m.
    Ten15 Folsom
    1015 Folsom St.
    San Francisco, CA 94103

March 1
    Doors open at 3 p.m.
    Worcester Polytechnic Institute
    Olden Hall
    100 Institute Road
    Worcester, MA 01609

March 8
    Doors open at 5 p.m.
    Best Buy (NOHO)
    622 Broadway
    New York, NY 10012

What gets me, is Worcester is my hometown! But I'm away at school so I can't go... damnit, one of the few times I would want to, and actually be able to.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries

I'd priorize a Brawl tournament waaaaaaaay over anything that has to do with school. But then, that's just me.

DAMN! Why do we sad europeans have to miss out on all the fun? We even have to wait an additional couple of months for this awesome game to come out. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    I'd prioritize a Brawl tournament waaaaaaaay over anything that has to do with school. But then, that's just me.

DAMN! Why do we sad europeans have to miss out on all the fun? We even have to wait an additional couple of months for this awesome game to come out. ;_;
    so, you'd drive 14 hours, spend the money on gas, skip classes, maybe even tests, possibly screwing up your entire semester at school, and then possibly costing you more money to be in school longer, and possibly even making it harder to get a job someday?

I'd enjoy playing in the tournament, if I were home. However it's just dumb to drive all that way, and all the possible problems and setbacks it could cause.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    I'd prioritize a Brawl tournament waaaaaaaay over anything that has to do with school. But then, that's just me.

so, you'd drive 14 hours, spend the money on gas, skip classes, maybe even tests, possibly screwing up your entire semester at school, and then possibly costing you more money to be in school longer, and possibly even making it harder to get a job someday?

I'd enjoy playing in the tournament, if I were home. However it's just dumb to drive all that way, and all the possible problems and setbacks it could cause.

THE JACKAL
    From your post, it sounded more like a fifteen minute drive than a fourteen hour one, especially because you said it would be possible. Given the circumstances, it's obviously not practical and no more possible than if it had been in any other situation. Your fault on that one chief, not his. No need to get snappish.

Blog Entries

Wish there was one in Ohio.

we are going to have one a week after it comes out at Coffeez in Jefferson City, TN

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm fairly positive that there's going to be some pretty hardcore Brawl tournaments in my dorm room when it comes out, so I'm not too worried.

Im hoping the same goes for here.

Early brawl tourneys should be fun though. Not many pepole will be all that great at it so the competition should be pretty even. I consider myself pretty competitive in the "melee" scene and were having a final melee tourney before brawl comes out (though it seems in a couple months melee may be revived due to brawl not quenching the already fiercly competitive melee scene...i wouldnt be suprised but i wont judge just yet till i play the game myself) So either way im getting some action

Awww yeah
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-