Thread: King of Fighters XII

Default King of Fighters XII

Trailer (Cam unfortunately)

Looking good. King of Fighters has never had a place in my heart like some other fighting series (Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter etc) But Ive always been very fond of the series. KOFXI was one of the best games released last year in my opinion. KOFXII looks to top that, but I hope they dont get too risky with the KOF premise like what Capcom is doing with Street Fighter IV. But while im wary of Street Fighter IV I have a fair bit of certainty that KOFXII will rock.

The game is being released sometime this year, which would mean that the remaining fighting game fans will definately have their fix with Tekken, Soul Caliber and now King of Fighters all released this year. Cant wait.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

People are saying it's '2.5D'. It's hard to tell exactly from the trailer since the quality is so bad, but it still looks like good ol' 2D art to me. Though it does appear to be at a higher resolution.

A new Samurai Showdown was shown at the AOU expo as well, but the Kotaku dude didn't seem to like it (though he described Zangief in his SF4 impressions as 'that wrestler guy', so his opinion is barely credible to me :P).

Samurai Showdown Sen, or whatever its called looks like a incredibly shoddy 3D fighter. Its no wonder its getting bad press.

And "that wrestler guy" sounds like perfect description for Zangief in my opinion :P

This tbh looks alot better than Street Fighter 4 since that one looks too much like SFEX to me...so i am looking forward to this game alot.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Relm

For whatever reason, Terry's back in his old clothes. I can't wait to pull off a high-res Buster Wolf.

Always enjoyed playing the King of Fighter series. My favorite is 99 because that's the one I would play in the arcades.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

XI is the only one I've played so far, but I quite enjoyed that game.

As long as they include my precious Oswald, I'm happy. (Not that I can actually play it for a while. )