Thread: Well... This was hard.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Default Well... This was hard.

I beat FF III NES again today, and well, ouch, it was hard. 0_o In case you're interested, here's how my latest journey through the final dungeons of the greatest NES game ever went:

My healthy, powerful, brave-gamer team, using NO Ninja's or Sages (seriously, it's not THAT hard, I've seen a solo Magus on Youtube, so...) before the battle.

My healthy, powerful, brave-gamer team after the battle.

Eureka, Syrx Tower are not hard. Zande almost brought me to my knees with Meteo, but my double-hasted knight ended the battle with a nice 7000+ damage hit.

The Dark World was another matter entirely. Normal enemies were still quite okay, but the 4 Bosses were ouch. Cerberus was a nice-warming up, I didn't have to heal, instead, I used my Shaman to double haste my Knight and Mystic Knight and the battle was over soon enough. Then Echidna came, opening immediatly with meteo. That had me sweating for a while, but all ended well. Ahriman was next, following Echidna's example he opened with Meteo, then did it easy with flame, blizzard and a normal attack. In the last round his quake almost brought me down, but I survived and Bahamut finished him off. 2-Head Dragon was a pain in the behind though. With one hit he brought my Summoner or Shaman to their knees (dealing 4000 damage!). My Knight and Mystic Knight got owned by his attacks, bringing them down with one hit, dealing 8000 damage. Never mind hasting or Cure4-ing, I focussed on Life2, while summoning bahamut and attacking. Eventually, I won with everyone standing up. ^^

Then came the Final Boss. I expected it to be hard, but jeez. The first round I had my Knight and Mystic Knight use God's Wine on themselves, Summoner God's Wine on my M. Knight and my Shaman haste my knight, so those two were ready to deal damage. Next round it was Summoning Bahamut, Attack, Attack and Cure 4 again and again. In the last round, I thought I was screwed, however, everybody survived Dark CLoud's Flarewave (to my big surprise) and my Shaman managed to throw in a cure4, before my M. Knight ended the battle.

And there you have it, Dark Cloud nicely sliced up without Shurikens. Everybody knew this was possible of course, but I wanted to try it myself. And really, it was a lot more fun than when I used 2 Ninjas and 2 Sages a year ago. (Yes, I did start an entirely new game, I didn't just change my party's jobs and tried to beat the Final Bosses.) Now I can throw myself on my 100% FF III DS game! =p

PS: Did I mention that Cure4 pretty much sucks in FF III NES when it's spread over the entire party?
    Last edited by Elpizo; 10-02-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Congrats. I've been meaning to do a play through sage and ninja free and trying out all those other jobs I neglected the first time through. But I got way too many other games on the top of my list to beat for the first time.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congratulations. I've been through FF III on the NES version, and it's tough from beginning to end, even more so without Ninjas or Sages.

I just beat this game on NES too today, without Sages and Ninjas. (By the way, it was my first time through the game) My party combination was : M.Knight lvl 52, skill 71; Dragoon lvl 53, skill 70; Summoner lvl 52, skill 44 and Shaman lvl 51, skill 25.

Xande was not tough at all I just had my Hasted M.Knight attack, Dragoon jump, Summoner cast Bahamut and Shaman just used Cure4. My party went into critical status after he casted Meteo, but luckily after that, my Summoner cast Bahamut and he was defeated.

Now, Cerberus, not much to say here, same strategy as above.

Echinda, same as above

Ahriman, same strategy..

Double headed D was the hardest Dark Crystal boss since the strategy changed. I had to cast life with my Shaman basically every round, everybody else attacked/jumped/bahamut and when Shaman died I used FenixDown. That was all.

Cloud of Darkness was tough nut to crack, but I managed it. First round Shaman cast haste on M.knight, Dragoon jumped, Summoner cast Bahamut, M.knight attacked. Dragoon did around 700-1000 damage with Blood/Holy Spear combo, M.knight did a whoopin' 4000 damage and Summoner did same with Bahamut.
    So I repeated the attack pattern the other rounds and Shaman cast Life 2 or Cure 4 every round. (It's hard to describe the Shaman's actions during battle with words. ) After 7 minutes or so, my M.knight and Shaman were KO'd, Dragoon jumped, and Summoner cast Bahamut. I won It took me like 10 tries to beat "it". It was all a matter of luck really, it depended on the damage of FlareWave(?), which ranged from 600-2000.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Hehe, you named them after the ds remake's characters. cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
    Hehe, you named them after the ds remake's characters. cute.
    Yeah, though I haven't played the DS version before.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

This thread is a bit old, but feel free to make a new one if you would like!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.