Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyeson F.C.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That's the power of Wales for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK
    Also, the similarity of the result is made even more funnier by us playing at Aiyonfield. Love FM for that game!
    Man, I didn't even realise the result was identical.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

06:01 - Shot on goal, I believe by Jess, but it's tipped over for a corner.
    18:19 - Good shot on goal but Thompson saves, punching it to Ouch! who puts it out for a corner.
    21:24 - Dan feeds Jess and she's got a defender and a keeper to get through - she heads around the defender towards the right post and - GOAL! 1-0! She's put it into the far sidenetting and she's run the length of the pitch in celebration!
    29:43 - Psychotic makes a nice run towards goal and muscles out a defender before taking on a shot, but it goes over.
    39:32 - A Morecambe striker gets a one-on-one with the keeper but Heath runs back and makes a fantastic tackle to save Thompson the trouble.
    42:11 - Dan puts in a straight shot and the keeper spills it, Jess is there but the ref has called for a foul stating she put her leg out to bring down the defender.
    45:00 - Half time and it's still 1-0, all players happy and fit despite a few hard tackles on them.
    50:35 - Edge fouls a Morecambe player in the center of the pitch, they take the kick quickly and some fast passing puts their forward into a great position, and he makes the most of it by putting the ball past Thompson - 1-1. Damn. The replay shows that Dawkins was completely unmarked.

52:59 - Jess puts a ball forward for Dan but he can't make the most of it - defenders on either side of him, he tried to chip the keeper but he chipped it all the way over the net as well.
    57:05 - Jess makes a nice strike and the keeper somehow gets a finger to it, and it's gone out for a corner.
    68:00 - A real mess by the defence but they're luckily not punished for it as Ouch! boots the ball away from the penalty box that is lacking a goalkeeper!
    70:17 - Oh! That could have been terrible! Thompson distributes the ball directly to Blinkhorn and he happily snaps the ball up and makes a shot - it's wide! Thompson will be thinking hard when he next hands a ball out, that was horrendous.
    73:52 - Dude gets booked, and with Edge who is also on the yellow, BoB decides to put in Martin for Dude to allow for someone who can make a strong tackle if required.
    83:30 - Some more nice passing moves from Morecambe look as if they're leading to a goal when Newby is called for offside and Eyeson rest a little easier after some sustained pressure.
    84:02 - Looks like Harvest is on the sidelines waiting for Dan to come off, now. The influential striker looks very tired.
    93:20 - Ooh, Psychotic sends in a lovely cross and a defender clears it only as far as Edge, who makes an optimistic shot but it's gone straight at the keeper.
    94:00 - It's all over. I really thought there would be a winner in that with so many good movements, but in the end both teams only made one goal out of their many chances and in fairness, the scoreline reflects a very even match.

For those who are wondering, I declined to comment on the penalty incident.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Booked! me? I would barely hurt a fly. :(

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I scored!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Apparently, despite me clearing the history and records for Eyeson...

...I don't know how that works out, but okay! I'll just assume it's all those magical league games we played on the way to getting into League Two.

What I really don't understand is how Ouch! didn't just extend his record, having played in the same game! Either way, I'll check the records area of FM2008 over time and see how it updates.

EDIT: It looks like all records were wiped - with the exception of most League Goals (Jess - 48 now) and most appearances (oddly, not Cz! It's Heath, on 124... so confusing).

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What I don't get is why Cz didn't get the record on his 103rd appearance.

One game into the season and already the bugs emerge. Yes, this is the FM that we know and love. xD
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    One game into the season and already the bugs emerge. Yes, this is the FM that we know and love. xD
    To be fair, it's probably more to do with my interference with the database, but yeah, it is annoying. Either way! Carling Cup time!

Dan will be missing from the lineup as I focus on getting him fit for the next league game. The Carling Cup, while a wonderful opportunity to bring in the finances, is not a realistic chance for us while we're facing strong Championship opposition, particularly when we have a game on just a few days later which we'll, er, hopefully have a better chance of succeeding in. Subs for this match are smitten, Levian, Leopold, Edge and Psychotic.

11:54 - Ooh! Jess somehow gets herself into some open space around 25 yards out and takes a shot through the widely-spread defenders - but it's tipped over the bar by the 'keeper.
    21:31 - And again! Jess seems to find herself -- oh, you get the idea. Same thing, only this time the ball didn't go over the bar and just bounced off the keeper and settled in front of goal. The keeper scurries over and picks up the ball before anyone else can get to it. It's been all Eyeson so far!
    27:04 - 0-1 to Blackpool. A nicely delivered from Welsh cross reaches Burgiss and he makes no mistake.
    33:22 - blim and Cz combine nicely and feed Harvest, who gets a shot in but it's gone over the top.
    37:05 - A quick one-two from a cross ends with the ball sailing over the Eyeson goal -- but only after Thompson gets his fingertips to it.
    39:12 - So close! Saunders delivers the perfect cross into Harvest's feet but he can only hit it into the keeper's chest.
    45:00 (+ 0:16) - Ooh, Manus saves Eyeson's defence from further penetration by catching a shot on his leg and then clearing.
    45:00 - That's half time. 0-1 is quite respectable and Eyeson have had a lot of chances, so you never know, they might just push Blackpool.
    51:40 - Another shot towards Thompson but it's deflected and then Heath clears.
    52:57 - Bean fires wide.
    56:19 - Burgess muscles his way right past Manus, leaving him well behind, and then fires a fast shot underneath the falling Thompson, unable to get down in time. 0-2.
    59:56 - Manus and Martin, both tired, leave the field to be replaced by Levian and Edge respectively.
    66:13 - A cross comes in from Blackpool corner and it's headed over the top. Psychotic comes on for Saunders.
    71:00 - Jess gets another shot on target but the keeper once again parries and his defenders clear quickly.
    81:06 - Morrell tries his luck on the Eyeson goal but it's well wide.
    90:00 - Full time, and it's a 0-2 win to Blackpool. I feel Eyeson did well to compete and they got a lot of shots in, but might need to work on their finishing. All in all, we weren't embarrassed against a superior club and I'm happy with the performance. Hopefully the fans won't be too harsh.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Shame.
    For a first team player I'm doing pretty poorly I think the only logical thing to do is promote me to captain so I can eventually join chelsea in the near future/

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

10:40 - Jess is injured, and has to be taken off. Harvest enters the fray.
    15:20 - Brentford get a free kick just outside the penalty box, but it thankfully goes straight to smitten who catches it safely.
    16:43 - Shakes fires in from the right wing but it flies past the opposite post and away for a goal kick.
    20:42 - Myrie-Williams struggles with two defenders on him but still manages to get a shot in, but it's too high.
    24:00 - Three different Brentford players all manage to shrug off Eyeson players and eventually this leads to Myrie-Williams getting a shot on target, and beyond smitten. 1-0.
    29:31 - DK slots a cross in and Harvest can't get to it, just narrowly beaten to it by a defender. Otherwise would have been a certain goal!
    29:53 - Harvest controls a long ball on the far left corner, crosses to DK who slips a ball to his right where Psychotic punches in - and it's in indeed! GOAL! 1-1!
    38:27 - Dude, recently given a yellow card, makes another bad tackle and is lucky to avoid being sent off.
    44:05 - Harvest gets a nice ball into his feet, runs past a defender - but his shot is too hard and it goes over.
    45:00 (+ 0:13) - Ooh, Dan gathers a pass from the other end of a pitch and also beats a defender, but this time the shot goes wide.
    45:00 (+ 1:50) - And again! Dan has a nice shot in from a cross but it is deflected by the keeper... straight into Harvest's feet, who only gets his kick as far as a defender's knee, and it goes out for a corner.
    45:00 - Halftime, 1-1. This is better for us than it is for them, so let's keep it up!
    49:10 - Some aggressive passing leads to a shot by Smith going wide of smitten's well guarded goal.
    53:13 - So close! Dan tackles the ball off the Brentford winger and gets a good run up to the goal - and it goes about one inch shy of the post! So, so close!
    57:38 - A fantastic volley from Myrie-Williams is on target, but equally fantastic is the save by smitten and it's out for a corner.
    65:57 - Morris is optimistic with his 25-yard shot but it was never close to being a threat to goal.
    73:35 - Myrie-Williams makes an individual run down the wing and takes an ambitious shot at goal from distance but again, it's not on target.
    78:09 - DK finds himself in a very good position one-on-one with the keeper but the keeper advances too quickly and makes a good block.
    86:00 - Dude makes way for Martin.
    90:00 - 5 minutes of added time to allow for a possible goal.
    90:00 (+ 0:13) - And there's a chance! The midfield works hard for Brentford but to no end product up front.
    90:00 (+ 3:36) - Harvest manages to get up front alone but the defenders chase him down quickly this time, and he fires out a shot before they can get the ball off him. Not a good position, and the shot goes wide.
    90:00 (+ 5:40) - Dan takes the last touch of the match with a clear road to goal, but he hits it a bit too high and that's the game over. A 1-1 draw gives the Chocobos another point.

Jess, you're so difficult >=O Always injured or rejecting contracts.

G'job, Psy.

Who's next? xD

G'job, Psy. Hopefully we get more players in there, though.

07:47 - Harvest gets a shot in but it goes across goal and slides out of play beyond the far post.
    09:24 - The ball bounces around the penalty box like a pinball machine but it's cleared by a Bradford defender.
    19:50 - A free kick given to Bradford just outside the penalty box gives Bradford their first real opportunity of the game to score, but they don't trouble the keeper.
    29:08 - Topp gets in front of Heath, who stays with him and provides enough pessure on him so that he can't get a shot on target.
    32:17 - A nice set piece by Eyeson but Harvest can't get it heading towards the goal.
    34:00 - Oh! Edge made a poor mistake there, trying to pass back to his defence but instead picking out the opposition striker, who happily takes it and shoots, but smitten gets down to block the shot and gets up fast enough to gather the ball.
    40:09 - Crap! A good ballin from Phelan allows Topp to score from a narrow angle.
    54:56 - Arrrgh, 0-2. A fantastic cross delivered by Daley and Johnson is the first to it.
    65:55 - Edge goes for glory but it's never in the direction of the box.
    66:33 - Best chance of the match so far for Eyeson! DK sends in a fantastic cross from the right and Harvest strikes from close quarters, but the keeper somehow ends up with it going right at him.
    68:30 - Cross sent in but not far in enough to give the defence any trouble, Harvest heading it out of play.
    90:00 - Nothing of matter happens for the rest of the game and I feel we deserved a point there. Finishing let us down. Disappointed.

Banned
    Blog Entries

This "Hamshaw" person has stolen my place in the team of the week, have him killed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

03:56 - Very nice play down the center and right side and DK finishes it off with a nice shot on goal, but it's not an accurate one.
    08:44 - A long shot from Stockport which doesn't trouble smitten.
    10:57 - Some nice movement by Stockport results in another shot which goes wide of smitten's goal.
    14:02 - Sustained pressure leads to a Stockport goal. I think they had the ball for about three minutes and we never got a touch, and in the end it's 1-0.
    28:41 - Ooh! Jess and DK both have shots within seconds of each other but both go straight into defenders.
    29:27 - A very good corner cross from blim but it's to no avail as the header goes wide.
    45:00 - Half time and it's still 1-0.
    55:05 - A good cross from blim again, but Jess sends it over.
    63:13 - Shot from Stockport and smitten does well to save. On a sidenote, Cz has improved by bucketloads lately and he's having a very solid game.
    72:00 - A throw in leads to the Stockport penalty box but we can't get a shot in and it's cleared quickly.
    73:58 - Harvest comes on for Jess, who is tired.
    82:09 - Dude makes way for Martin.
    84:42 - Mullan takes a strike at the Eyeson goal but it's not a problem for any of the Eyeson defenders, it sails into the stands.
    90:00 - It's all over, a very tight game but I feel our strikers have let us down this time, just not able to make the most of their opportunities. Nobody in the midfield really stood up, either. A rather solid game from our defence, obviously one mistake can cost us but it looks like we just couldn't cut it.

[img]http://www.eyesonff.com/BoB/eyesonfc/0709-transfers-azar.jpg[img]

06:41 - A shot by Hartlepool which goes wide, goalkick.
    10:06 - Some poor defending by Heath allows Sweeney to get a shot on but smitten tips it over.
    18:00 - Psychotic is injured by Monkhouse and has to come off. Bugger. HOORJ enters the fray.
    32:45 - Hartlepool's Moore has a shot go wide. We're dominating the play but not getting any chances. Not happy with that - I set tactics for faster tempo, more direct and more attacking.
    39:39 - Martin has a shot go side for Eyeson, close though.
    42:38 - A poor pass by Manus allows for Porter to get a shot in and we're rather lucky to see it go wide.
    43:10 - Yet another shot goes wide, this time by Moore.
    44:06 - Another one! HOORJ gets a good cross in, Edge makes a quick pass over to DK who shoots from an angle and it doesn't go in tight enough.
    45:00 - Halftime and it's 0-0.
    47:46 - DK strikes from a distance but - you guessed it - it's gone wide. Good play from Edge, HOORJ and Jess lead to that chance.
    51:42 - SO CLOSE! DK, Edge, HOORJ and Martin all link together extremely well before Edge strikes and it's hit the woodwork!
    65:33 - A very nice shot meets a very nice save from smitten. It was at an angle but the speed on it meant smitten had to do well, and that she did.
    75:00 - Dude is on the sidelines waiting to come on for Martin.
    85:51 - Heartache! Sweeney feeds Brown who breaks through the defence, has gone one-on-one with smitten and makes a shot right into the middle of the net. smitten should have done better with that.
    88:26 - Hartlepool are just passing the ball around between them now.
    89:10 - Just to rub salt into the wounds, it's another goal - Sweeney feeds Barker who makes no mistake.
    90:00 - Full time and it's a very disappointing result, despite the fact that Hartlepool are one league up from us.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You need to pick things up a bit, just escaping that relegation spot and all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh, I know, believe me. But that's the position we're in. We took over a newly promoted club and it was always unlikely that we'd have instant success. That's actually why I chose them. Right now I'm sorting out coaches and then after the first season (hopefully avoiding relegation) we can then build on the team with a boost in wages allowance.

On a sidenote, Martin is now Spatvark. Hooray!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I think you should play a 4-3-3 I reckon it would work.