Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyeson F.C.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I've tried 4-3-3 but you have to remember changing the style of play means they have to take time to adjust, which is a pain. Not to mention our tactics coach we've just brought in favours 4-4-2, as do all our other coaches. What we need is a quality finisher which I'm constantly looking out for. Still, we're not 23rd or 24th so we have that to hold onto so far.

13:14 - First shot of the game comes from Barnet in a so far tight affair. Well wide, though.
    21:29 - Bishop's hard and straight shot also goes wide, although if O'Cearuill had got a deflection to it there might have been some trouble.
    23:39 - blim sends in a corner cick to the penalty box, but Jess' header has gone over.
    26:15 - Argh! Some poor tackling on our behalf along with the good passing of Barnet leads to the first goal. Very unhappy with that as we had a lot of chances to get the ball off them. 0-1.
    26:24 - But it's been disallowed as offside! Relief over the faces of the Eyeson supporters. The score is corrected and we're back to it.
    42:02 - Edge... Ouch!... HOORJ... back to Edge who fires in from just outside the box, but it's gone a foot wide.
    45:00 - Half time and we're still at 0-0.
    61:57 - Jess muscles past the last defender and -- GOAL!!! 1-0! The Eyeson fans go wild! Dude gets the assist and Jess, one-on-one with the keeper managed to get it pin-perfect as it rebounds off the inside of the post and into the netting at the other side.
    64:48 - But the fans are suddenly struck silent as Seanla slots past smitten. Heath should have done better with his marking.
    74:50 - Corner and it's headed into the keeper's arms.
    79:02 - An angled shot in from distance for Barnet but it's angled too far.
    85:00 - A very tired HOORJ comes off for Martin, and Dude moves to the right wing.
    88:01 - DK makes way for Harvest.
    90:08 (+0:08) - blim gets a nice shot in from the counter, but it skims over the top of the bar. He did well to get that in so quickly.
    90:00 (+3:00) - Draw in the end, which is probably the fair result but I just know we had the chances to win.

A better game. Let's see how things carry forward.

On an even more positive note.

Cz & Edge - "Following the manager's recent comments to the media, believes that the two of them have similar characters and will be able to work well together both on and off the pitch."
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool an assist.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Forgot to save the lineup, sorry folks.

00:55 - Already a hectic game and DK fires a shot towards goal and it passes the keeper but there's a defender near the far post and he gets to it.
    09:36 - A tense moment as three Hereford players converge on goal but the shot made by Taylor goes wide.
    13:30 - But that one doesn't! Oh dear, a long shot by Robinson is just as perfect as Jess' one from the game beforehand, bouncing off the inside of the post and into goal. 1-0.
    25:29 - Dude heads a cross in but it's beyond the far post.
    26:02 - Some quick passing leads to a shot on goal by Hereford but it's to no avail, wide.
    31:37 - It seems everyone is passing towards the Hereford midfielders, including the Eyeson players! Edge gives the ball away and Taylor and Benjamin make no mistake, quickly moving the ball forward and then smashing a goal. 2-0.
    33:09 - Ooh! Jess, so close! She's sitting in front of goal with the ball at her feet but a defender slides in with a goal-saving tackle.
    36:38 - Again! DK plays a 1-2 with Edge but a defender boots it away from beneath his feet in the penalty box.
    36:42 - Seconds later, Jess passes a nice ball in to blim and he somehow manages to kick it too high. BoB looks to make some changes with the runs his players are making.
    42:50 - Cross, header, smitten's chest.
    45:00 (+0:14) - Oh no! Heath misses a glorious opportunity from a set piece, heading it wide of the open goal when he had acres of space.
    45:22 - Getting humiliating here and the Eyeson fans are barely singing. 3-0 as Benjamin barges through the defence and strikes home.
    46:36 - Another insanely close shot! DK's powerful strike is deflected out by the keeper and it's out for a corner.
    59:52 - 3-1!!! Some very nice play from a set piece, there. Dude slides it to Manus who punches it forward, DK catches the ball at his feet and sends the ball into the top left corner. Last time he scored, he got a hattrick, I think? That's Dan's first league goal of the season.
    83:58 - Oh, it could have been 3-2! Jess muffs a chance with nobody close to her, firing it over the bar.
    84:00 - Dude leaves the field and Spatvark runs on.
    87:08 - smitten saves another shot from distance.
    90:00 (+3:18) - Hereford manage to hit the sidenetting.
    90:00 - Game over, 3-1. Ouch.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    ... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

Cz & Edge - "Following the manager's recent comments to the media, believes that the two of them have similar characters and will be able to work well together both on and off the pitch."
    Damn right.

I suppose things could be going a lot worse. The losses aren't too disappointing, since they're games we were expected to lose. We just need a bit of luck to help us get that elusive first win, and that'll give the team some confidence.

Is there any chance you could chow us the expanded stats page from one of the games, BoB? It might give us an idea of where the team could improve.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo
    Damn straight.

I'm captain?

Run of form hasn't been too great as of yet, but I guess it's expected with us just as a newly promoted club. I'll be happy if we avoid relegation.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Fingers crossed, we can get this guy. But in the meantime, we've got a good loan in!

06:00 - Johnson has a chance but can't make the most of it and it's wide.
    14:00 - Andrews slots in Wilbraham but his shot is tipped over the bar.
    19:00 - Dude has a shot on goal but it's parried away by the Dons keeper. Shortly after, McAllister loses the Dons defender

with him yet gets his shot parried by Guérét.
    33:00 - Johnson moves forward with the ball but, as earlier, his shot goes wide.
    38:00 - Gallen plays a pinpoint pass to Andrews, who finds himself free in the penalty area - smitten pushes the ball away.
    43:00 - Jess in the clear... bearing down on goal... argh! Just wide!
    45:00 - 0-0 at half time.
    55:00 - Heath does well to stop Wilbraham getting into a wonderful position.
    58:00 - Jess through on goal but the Dons keeper gets his fingertips to it - the ball rolls in front of goal and McAllister

is on it! 0-1 to Eyeson! You can't miss gifts like that!
    75:00 - Indirect free kick and Knight takes on Heath and wins the ball, makes himself some space - and sends it wide.
    78:00 - McAllister's shot is tapped over.
    80:00 - Levian is called in for McAllister who is looking tired. The Eyeson fans clap and Levian is on for him to further

bolster the defence in the final minutes. Dude makes way for Spatvark.
    81:00 - Jess makes a wide shot.
    86:00 - Incredible save by Guérét and Jess will be wondering how she isn't on the scoreboard!
    90:00 - Jess makes way for Dan.
    90:00 (+1:00) - Dan gets into a good position but a sliding tackle from Diallo gets the ball from his feet.
    90:00 - Full time, and the Eyeson fans applaud their team for a good result, their first win for some time!

That's what our team looked like at the end of the game. xD

Next up: Chester.

So good to have a win, though.

EDIT: Cz, here's the stats for this match.

I think it's pretty clear from the league table that our main problem is scoring, though.

Looks like Souness can't get a win from anywhere, even in League 2. xD

Nice job, BoB. Maybe this is the start of a good run of form for Eyeson.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Are you gonna rename that Mcallister bloke or is it impossible?
    Also Its good that you finally won but I'm still waiting for my Chelsea move.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I won't be renaming loan players, no. Only permanent signings. Anyone who is having their position taken from loan signings will have to put up with it - but every transfer window I'll be allowing people the opportunity to give up their character and take on a new one. So keep an eye on any signings I make mid-season. It's first-in-first-serve for that end of things.

G'job, blim.

That is a big loaning for us He's an excellent finisher, one of the best available.

Banned
    Blog Entries

What!? Now this Bolland person has usurped my rightful team of the week position. Blasphemy!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

20:19 - No action for a while but O'Donovan manages a strong shot, but also a wide one, from distance.
    30:03 - Heath sends in a long ball as DK makes a good run but is called offside.
    45:00 - Very few chances and it's 0-0 with not much to talk about, really! Eyeson really dominating, though.
    53:53 - DK sends a shot directly to the keeper.
    54:27 - Ooh! It's O'Donovan vs. the keeper, Ward, and Ward managed to palm his shot to the side of goal, scrambles over and collects.
    69:51 - DK can't get the goal in from blim's corner, it's well wide.
    72:13 - Edge makes way for Spatvark. Tactics changed, noting that every chance is for Eyeson so far, the fullbacks start to make more aggressive runs, as does Spatvark and the wingers move further up.
    81:40 - O'Donovan gets it on target but can't do anything more than that.
    82:30 - McAllister comes on for DK, who hasn't been on form this game.
    86:44 - GOAL! O'Donovan provides a fantastic corner kick to the penalty box and Heath heads it in! 1-0!
    90:00 (+2:30) - Hearts skip a few beats as the Eyeson fans watch a Chester player find himself in the penalty box - but smitten somehow pushes the ball away!
    90:00 - Fulltime, 1-0, and the Eyeson fans are singing the praises after an absoulely dominant display from their team!
    For reference, this is the tactics I'd been using at the end.

The fact that their keeper was MOTM and yet we still won says a lot about us, I reckon.

Banned
    Blog Entries

That's good, things are finally starting to look up.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can't smurfing believe I've been replaced by a Sunderland player. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

In other news, Manchester United have been knocked out of the League Cup by fellow League Two club Bradford. This game is realistic!