Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyeson F.C.

Blog Entries

League One here we come is the new chant at Aiyonfield.

there was a picture here

Brilliant stuff. Great to see that we not only won the game, but dictated the play as well. Looks like that loan signing of yours might have made the difference, BoB.

Thanks for the stats page, too. I'm really getting in to this thread. Keep up the good work!
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Excellent, two wins under our belt and more to come, I'm sure. Though I need to pick up my game from what I've read.

I'm really glad you had a go at Souness too, by the way.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What does the PR by my name mean?

Also call Souness a fatty. That'll get him riled up real good.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

PR = Press Release. You're "looking forward to facing Peterborough." Good for you.

04:35 - Keates takes a shot but it's gone over.
    16:40 - Sustained pressure by Peterborough leads to a shot being tipped over for a corner.
    21:00 - Dude looks to be in pain after a rough challenge, and Spatvark is brought on for him.
    29:23 - A fine save from smitten as a close-quarters shot slices through the defence.
    34:41 - There's a nice cross to Keates - and he scores! It's 0-1 to Peterborough.
    44:00 - A direct free kick and a nice save from Henderson.
    57:00 - McAllister comes on for Jess as she looks to be having a poor game.
    64:23 - A lot of pinball within the Eyeson penalty box but, eventually, Heath clears.
    65:41 - Ouch sends in a cross, O'Donovan simply taps it onwards and McAllister collects - GOAL! 1-1!
    67:51 - Spatvark passes in a fine ball for O'Donovan, but the shot goes wide.
    72:00 - O'Donovan sends the ball to Edge, who shoots from distance the but ball flies over the bar.
    79:00 - O'Donovan, unable to get out of the play, runs the length of pitch with the ball but the keeper makes a good save.
    84:16 - BoB goes all-out attack against Peterborough, putting on DK for Edge.
    90:00 - But it ends up with no further major chances and it's 1-1 at full time.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Yay I do good. Let's keep on going Eyeson F.C.!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

07:11 - A cross comes in for Nottingham and Dudfield makes no mistake - er, except for the fact that he hit it straight to smitten.
    17:10 - Jess advances towards the keeper but Silk charges a tackle in and it's a corner kick.
    19:03 - Another chance... everything happened so quickly, all I know is it ended with Caig, the Nottingham keeper, with the ball in his hands!
    20:34 - Edge's shot looked destined for the net, but it went just over. Good ball in from Jess, though.
    23:46 - O'Donovan passes the ball but Dude can't get the shot on target.
    30:21 - A very nice intentional deflection for Nottingham but to no avail, the shot goes wide.
    37:07 - How is there no goal from that!? Jess chases down a long ball, crosses it in and then the ball is shot one, two, possibly three times but it's not in the goal! The keeper did amazingly well there.
    45:00 - Halftime and it's 0-0 right now.
    47:30 - Hall strikes at goal, a good shot considering his tight angle but still not good enough. Skimmed the bar, though!
    51:29 - Weir-Daley also sends it wide. A bit of pressure in from Nottingham County, here.
    56:07 - McAllister has a pop at goal but it's gone over, good effort though.
    61:00 - smitten does well to parry a ball away from Weir-Daley.
    72:00 - O'Donovan and McAllister find themselves in front of goal with the ball but they don't capitalise.
    75:06 - Direct shot from a free kick, lucky for Eyeson it goes down smitten's throat (metaphorically speaking).
    75:50 - I'm losing count of the amount of times that the ball is saved by Caig, spilt, and then still not shot into goal. This is another, Edge this time missing out on his luck.
    78:07 - Ouch! is lucky. The attacker easily gets in front of him and he just can't keep up - the shot is a few feet wide of the far post, though.
    78:35 - Eyeson with a double sub, it's Psychotic on for McAllister (as O'Donovan moves up front) and DK is a straight swap for Jess.
    81:18 - DK has an effort on goal, but it goes over.
    81:58 - Psychotic feeds O'Donovan and hes' got it! Scoring in the far corner, what a shot! 0-1 to Eyeson! O'Donovan jumps and punches the air!
    84:39 - blim earns his rest and it's Levian who's coming in to bolster the defence.
    87:37 - Dude feeds a ball to DK and the 'keeper watches it go just wide of the near post.
    90:00 (+2:35) - A free kick from outside the area to Nottingham as they look to equalise, but it's gone out for a corner.
    90:00 (+3:38) - Butcher shoots but it's all in vain now. Wide again.
    90:00 (+6:01) - BoB is raging on the sidelines as O'Donovan is injured six minutes into injury time when only three minutes were originally called for! The fourth official is trying to calm him down.
    90:00 - And 14 seconds over, the whistle goes. BoB is raging, but this is a big win all the same and his highly aggressive tactics have paid off handsomly.

Ouch.

Really good game, though. They had a very strong midfield so I played long ball and focused on the wings. By the end of the game, I had five defenders, no midfielders, two wingers, a lone midfielder and two strikers. It looked really weird, but it worked. Aside from that damned 6TH MINUTE OF INJURY TIME ...INJURY >=O Supercocks.

Articles

Assist from the bench, unf.

Also I'm glad it's a random who got crippled, and not one of us! (even if he is better than all of us)

The one game I saw with 6 minutes of injury time was the 1-0 2005 CL semi-final between Liverpool and Chelsea. I was smurfing incensed. Thank god we made it through!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

06:35 - First real chance of the game is Jess putting it on target but the keeper, Arthur, manages a nice save and puts it over the bar.
    08:54 - Proctor goes for glory from 20 yards, but it's over.
    11:48 - A shot comes in from Eyeson but somehow Arthur gets his fingers to it, then gathers.
    14:57 - smitten's turn to make a save, and a good one too.
    19:44 - Oh, a brilliant goal! Psychotic's found the net! McAllister chips a ball backwards to Dude, who feeds in Psy and the winger makes no mistake with a cheeky angled chip over Aruther and into to the top corner of the far post.
    21:25 - Some good passing from Accrington leads to a straight forward strike from Boco. Pity it needed to be angled!
    33:41 - A kick outside the box and Ouch! does well, forcing the keeper to put it out for a corner.
    43:19 - Recently carded Psychotic crosses to McAllister who has no defenders before him, but once again Arthur tips it over.
    45:00 - 1-0 at half time and the Eyeson fans seem happy enough.
    46:18 - Psy and McAllister link up nicely again, only this time McAllister is offside so it counts for nothing.
    53:25 - Long range shot from Proctor is futile.
    63:09 - Noticing Accrington making a change, BoB decides to put on some fresh legs as well since Edge is tiring quite fast this game. Spatvark takes his place.
    71:14 - Branch crosses - oh no! Whaley has got what he wanted, it's a goal, and it's now 1-1. Ouch! not happy with himself, they went right past him.
    73:48 - Jess strikes, but it's no good, going wide.
    79:15 - DK on for McAllister.
    85:59 - Manus... Dude... Spatvark... Psychotic, in the box, oh and that's a nasty tackle! PENALTY!
    86:13 - Cz steps up... and it's a goal! 2-1 to Eyeson! That's his first goal of the season.
    90:00 (+3:33) - A foul on our player 30 yards out but we take a crack anyway, it's straight down Arthur's throat.
    90:00 - The whistle blows, and that's it! Another win for Eyeson!

EDIT: Oh, and yeah...

Yeah, I'm quick.
    EDIT: One more!

G'job, Psy.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

what the hell? Quit bringing in Middlesbrough and Sunderland players. I don't want to play with those scum.

Articles

I'm the man!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    what the hell? Quit bringing in Middlesbrough and Sunderland players. I don't want to play with those scum.
    xD I knew you'd be pissed. But he's so much better than the other options I had, so yeah. This guy is the bees knees, I tells ya.

The good thing about our current main four strikers (sorry, Hazzard) is that two of them are left footed (Jess/McAllister) while all but Jess are right-footed, so it increases the options and allow for a strong attack from both sides.

On another note, a big congratulations to Cz who has turned his form around so much from the preseason. He's now the highest rated player, and constantly plays his heart out despite the fact that he's often down to 60% by the end of the match while most others are around 69%. blim and Psy both sit on 7, as does Lev (although he doesn't play too often). smitten is most in-form, with blim, Heath and then Cz following up.

Morale is extremely low for poor Leopold. If only I could have seven subs. Can't wait for FM2009!

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I'm the man!
    That's debatable.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I'm the man!
    Pssh. Glory hog.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.