Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Resident Evil

  1. #31
    Defamation Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Armstrong-Parker
    Posts
    5,801
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Resident Evil 4 was a good game, but I don't think it's of the same genre as the rest of the series. I was never spooked in that game like I was in 2, a little bit of 1, and 3. I have a feeling that 5 will be the same the trailer is gorgeous though, but I don't really agree with controversy among some blacks that say that the game's racist and stereotyping my people.

  2. #32
    Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    51,014
    Articles
    71

    Default

    Roto and Wuggly, stop sniping at each other. Thanks in advance!

    I've beaten 1, 2 and 4. I liked 4. I think it can be scary at times, mostly because of those mental monks and their chanting. And the way they'd always, always let out a god damn sinister and evil laugh when they came up behind you unseen to grab you.

    4 was probably less scary than 1 and 2, though, probably because it was less restricted. I thought they did rely on too many "jump" moments in the earier games though. After a while I could just predict what was going to happen next. Oh boy, a loose ceiling vent. I wonder if a Licker will jump do- ah yep, there we are. Nice try, punk.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Well, try to wrap your brain around this. The number of people who think Resident Evil 4 is a great game is a lot bigger than the number of people who think it's a bad game. This is reality. To deny that it's the most popular entry in the series is deluding yourself.
    Resident Evil 4 drew in a bigger crowd because it was more action oriented. Alot of the people who played Resident Evil 4 probably hadnt played any previous Resident Evil titles. Its no surprise that most people will say its the best. Go to any Resident Evil message board and ask long time fans whats their favourite title is. Your unlikely to see a swarm of votes for Resident Evil 4 like you do elsewhere.

  4. #34
    Will be banned again Roto13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On the INTARWEB
    Posts
    14,570

    Default

    What's your point?

  5. #35

    Default

    Oh for god sake, the same thing happens in every Resident evil thread.

  6. #36
    The Dork Next Door Montoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Near the armpit of California.
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Resident Evil 4 is the best game out of any game with the words Resident and Evil in it.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

  7. #37

    Default

    I really enjoy playing the earlier RE games. Out of all of them, the two Outbreak games remain my favourite. Although I never played them online, I loved being able to play as an 'ordinary' citizen instead of the typical well trained police officer or S.T.A.R.S member.

    The fact each character had specific strengths and weaknesses made for very challenging gameplay on the harder modes as well.

    As for RE4, I suppose I'll be flamed for saying this but...it is rather overrated. I was very disappointed with it because it just didn't seem like a RE game. That, and it just seemed like a cheap way to draw in people to the series - too much action and too little fear. It didn't even have any 'jumpy' bits, that the other RE games did.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Resident Evil 4 is the best game out of any game with the words Resident and Evil in it.

  9. #39

    Default

    I just hope RE5 will be as good as it looks. I do have suspicions that it will be just like RE4 though - lots of action, shooting and one liners...and little to no scares.

  10. #40
    Unimportant Passerby Rase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The United States of America.
    Posts
    5,948

    Default

    I'd have to say that 4 is the best*, though I have yet to play CODE: Veronica (which I've heard good things about) or any offshoots other than Umbrella Chronicles.

    *This represents the above posters opinion, and in no way is an attempt to state truth. If you feel like nitpicking and saying that the poster is trying to say that 4 being the best is a fact because he did not us "in my opinion", you may want to examine your life and change some things. It is implied that it his opinion, so don't get snarky and try to act smart. Some restrictions apply. Void where prohibited.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

  11. #41

    Default

    I just miss the good old days in Raccoon City. A shame Capcom never got around to making Outbreak File 3. I guess the days of RE are numbered though - it's basically just a mix of metal gear solid and alien nowadays. >_>

  12. #42

    Default

    So yeah, I still think RE4 is the best.

  13. #43
    Mold Anus Old Manus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    cumree
    Posts
    14,662
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    I enjoyed RE4 more than the previous games in the series. If atmosphere has to be sacrificed for a game I want to come back to then so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Resident Evil 4 is the best game out of any game with the words Resident and Evil in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    So yeah, I still think RE4 is the best.
    We get the point

  14. #44
    Fragaria addict Momiji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On top of this frustrating world
    Posts
    10,533
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    For God's sake, why did I know this would happen?
    This is why I tend to avoid the Game Opinion threads.

    I played Resident Evil 4 for the first time yesterday (I'm borrowing it from a friend, because I didn't want it bad enough to buy), and thought it was okay so far (given, I'm not very far). It's the first game in the series that I have played. To be honest, I don't see what sets it apart from other shooters other than the fact that the game is meant to be scarier than most. To be totally honest, I don't like the controls.

    BUT...shooting someone in the head makes their head explode. I lol'ed and yelled 'YOUR HEAD ASPLODE' ala Strong Bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •