Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii virtual console.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Wii virtual console.

I've just found the marvel that is wii shop channel and I'm impressed, so impressed in fact that I just cant restrain myself from making a purchase.

But what should I get? I have my eye on the Internet channel but I'm unsure whether its actually very good. I'm also intrigued by some of the Nintendo 64 games.
    Any advice on whats good and what isn't? Is the Internet channel good or is it lousy and not worth 500 points?

Blog Entries

I got the Internet Channel because at the time, it was free. I, personally, wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for the Flash Version of Duck Hunt. But, alas, there are much better things than Duck Hunt.

As for VC games, I recommend Star Fox 64 out of the ones I've gotten. However, the most effective way to decide what you want would be to find the name of one you're interested in, and then look it up on Youtube.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think I'd pay $5 for the Internet channel, 'specially since we have computers and stuff. Maybe you can try and rewind time to a year ago, and you could get it for free.

As for 64 games, I'd recommend Sin & Punishment. It's one of the more 'premium' (expensive) games since it's an import. It was never released outside of Japan until the Virtual Console (though almost everything was in English already), so it's likely to be something you haven't played before. It was made by Treasure, a company that's generally revered among shooter fans. I have it myself, and I've played through it a few times. As an arcade shooter styled game though, you can expect it to be short.

Paper Mario, Star Fox 64, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3, Shining Force, and Breath of Fire II are good purchases(assuming you dont have the GBA versions). And today Phantasy Star II was released on the Virtual Console. I never played it, but I've heard great things about that game
    Last edited by Crossblades; 02-19-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah I had my eye on Phantasy star but I was unsure.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Does anyone know why the Internet Channel costs money now? Is the Internet Channel that costs money an improvement over the Internet Channel that was free — does anyone know?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I think when the Internet channel was free it was still in development.

If Phantasy Star II was released today then get that. You wont be disappointed unless you dislike RPG's or difficult games.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Does anyone know why the Internet Channel costs money now? Is the Internet Channel that costs money an improvement over the Internet Channel that was free — does anyone know?
    Originally it was a public beta.

I really can't wait for some real WiiWare a la Live Arcade to come out. Guess it's still a little ways off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    If Phantasy Star II was released today then get that. You wont be disappointed unless you dislike RPG's or difficult games.
    It was. :P Along with Ninja Gaiden III.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Originally it was a public beta.

I really can't wait for some real WiiWare a la Live Arcade to come out. Guess it's still a little ways off though.
    After the full version came out, it was free for a few months as well. I guess as kind of a thanks to the people who beta tested the trial version.

It's kinda worth it, if you can think up clever ways to use it. I use it for two things. 1) Watching YouTube videos on tv is awesome, and 2) Wiicade has some really neat flash games designed around the Wii browser. If those appeal to you, definitely check it out. If not, it's probably not worth the price as long as you have a computer.

As for VC games, my personal favourites are Comix Zone, Bubble Bobble, Toejam and Earl, Legend of Mystical Ninja, Paper Mario, and Mario 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    I think it's launching some time in March, so not too far off.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I love the Virtual Console. I use it to get the games I used to have back in the day that I either lost/my mom sold them/don't work anymore, and so far I have bought:

Internet Channel (YouTube on TV= Yes Please)
    Kid Icarus
    Kirby's Adventure
    Paper Mario
    LoZ: A Link to the Past
    Bubble Bobble
    Milon's Secret Castle
    Super Metroid
    Shining in the Darkness

^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Shining in the Darkness

^_^
    How is Shining in the Darkness? I've been wanting to purchase it for a while, but I was a bit skeptical about it

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I see that NONE of you people have bought Sin & Punishment. Buy it!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Shining in the Darkness

^_^
    How is Shining in the Darkness? I've been wanting to purchase it for a while, but I was a bit skeptical about it
    It's very Dragon Warrior-esque. I'd say get it if you like that style.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Shining in the Darkness

^_^
    It's very Dragon Warrior-esque. I'd say get it if you like that style.
    I like Dragon Warrior =)

Well, if it is like Dragon Warrior, I guess I'll give it a shot

Vaan - "Hey, you!"