Thread: RE: A thread showing the time correspondence of locations.

Default RE: A thread showing the time correspondence of locations.

i just wanted to respond to this because i like interesting discussion that doesn't revolve around "WAT IS UR FAVE PART OF SQUALLS LEG" etc

but yeah like say time compression takes place in the future at the end of the game... doesn't that mean it has always happened? every time zone gets compressed into one, that means the past (before time compression had occured) is now merged with the present (when time compression has occured) and the future... so if time compression happens at the end of the game, that means it had already happened at the beginning... it means it has always happened, because the nature of compression itself is to bring every time zone together into one.

this makes it kind of feasible in a way that different locations of FF8 are from different time zones. i mean when you look at the technology of esthar, it's ridiculous how far ahead they are. almost impossible, regardless of how isolated they were... they've been isolated since the sorceress war, yeah? that wasn't too long ago... it's feasable that the world map of FF8 is a time compressed world showing differing locations at different times, because time was compressed.

INTERESTING DON'T YOU THINK ALTHOUGH A BIT OF A STRETCH.

Articles
    Blog Entries

yes, it is interesting as hell to think that way. And time compression isvery confusing when you actually think about it, a little bit like FFI's timeloop, which I think was the basis for its appearance in VIII.

But I think time compression only took place at that one point and time in the timeline (where's doc brown's chalk board when you need it).

Also, the comment about esthar doesn't hold, as socieities move in different directions at different times. If you were an indigenous person living in the amazon, all you would know would be various societies living somewhat similar to how man did after the agricultural revolution 12,000 years ago (although to them they would think it's very different). Then imagine going to Tokyo, that would be an even bigger jump than going from say Balamb to Esthar.

A huge gap in technology took place in other games, like FFI. The entire game was a mystical fantasy epic until you get to the last elemental shrine, and it's a floating tower filled with computers and robots running around. And that civilization was almost completely destroyed a 2,000 years ago. FFIV's towers of zot and babel had electronic technology inside of it, FFV had a long lost civilization with a flying fortress with electronic technology inside of it, FFII had a fortress very similar to the Bahamut in FFXII, it goes on and on. It's a part of FF.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I have trouble with analysis of time travel or time disparities in fiction because of the lack of data from the creator or developer. In this case, I think that the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania could possibly shed some light on the subject of Esthar and other tidbits.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

^true. I really wish they would release those in english.