Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 213135363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia: World War three, sign up and questions thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

TSoL and B2KX have never been mafia either, y'know.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I can smell mafia a mile away. Too bad I was like 1 for 11 recruiting!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never said they werent awsome as well xD

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So proud of you guys <3! You too <s>Denny (by Denny I mean Denmark!)</s> ah what the hell Rob.

Bad luck for the cult o_o wow.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles

I think some of the ideas behind the balancing should be obvious.

We gave the scum a cult, so we gave the town masons.
    We gave the scum a serial killer, so we gave the town a vigilante. (ha!)
    We gave the scum a Beloved Princess, so we gave the town a Scrambler.

You get the idea!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahahaha yeah. I was the worst vigilante ever. You guys better hope I never get that role again.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I must say that overall, I have gained great incite into how to play this game better because of how much fail was going around. I got to watch the mafia the whole game(What did you expect?) and could see how they were thinking and how they were acting as things went on.

Overall I think all sides were full of total fail. Mafia just had less fail overall.

One thing I thought about was if the mafia should be allowed to talk during the day in their secret forum? Isn't everyone theoretically suppose to be in the town hall trying to figure out who to lynch? Wouldn't it look suspicious if a group of people kept going to talk to each other?

I know it is just a game but I think of stuff in real world scenarios. That is just some food for thought that mafia shouldn't be allowed to talk during the day. I think something like that could add a new balancing mechanic to the game to make mafia bigger and more powerful since they can't shut up idiots from talking during the day then XD

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's an interesting idea. But if mafia can't talk during the day you can sure as hell bet they'll use all the night time they have Psy and qwerty were the most impatient mods ever!

(Still I <3 qwerty cos' you are nice etc etc xD)

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

We did make Miriel seem patient.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for running the game you two :mog:

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles

Oh that reminds me, I have to threaten to kill qwerty.

qwerty, I am going to kill you.

It's tradition!

Anyway that's our two-game stint. *passes on torch* Time for me to get back to never making it to the last day.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't really get a chance to play (thanks for timing it JUST IN TIME for midterms!) but I gotta say (and no offense) I don't think this game was balanced at all.

You say you gave Town scrambler to help the town, but I think that just made things even more confusing for town. Beloved Princess effed up the town too, as did Vigilante. Not only that but, you gave town insane cop (which benefits the mafia until it's discovered that the cop is insane - and who knows how long that'll take) and you gave us a cop who had a different win condition than the rest of the town. Plus, there was no detective role that would help town figure out who cult members were. Also, you gave town Masons, but gimped them with the fact that they could recruit scum and never know about it. The fundamental benefit to the mason group is having the knowledge that the people within the mason group are innocent. Oh. And there was also the SK. AND the fact that some of the anti-town players had immunities to night kill. Oh and you gave Mafia the ability to recruit. And tossed in power roles (prostitute, godfather) to boot. I understand the urge to root for Mafia/Cult/SK to win... but dang.

In the end, I do really think that town played badly, and I think town lost exactly cause of that. The mafia didn't do anything special. They just let the town bury themselves. And that may be a good strategy, but it certainly isn't an interesting one. But as bad as town played it, I do think that the odds were SEVERELY against them. Like it wasn't even close, the balance of powers in this game.

I think that South Africa (and yeah, I'm biased here) was one of the few players who took the time to analyze things and engage in interesting arguments with other players and tried to promote discussion and activity.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I can't believe you didn't go after the brothers O_o Seriously...it is a kill on the mafia and the brother could betray you eventually(and did). Either way you have to do it eventually to win.
    I did not know the brother could betray until it was too late. I think it is pretty stupid that a person can choose who to allign themselves with. that is my biggest gripe with this game.

The recruiting was unfair for the masons. If the cult or mafia targets the wrong person what happens? Nothing, right? Yet if the masons target scum they get to bring in scum. So I don't think that balanced it.

All in all I say it was pretty fun. I think the town is definitely the underdogs in this setup. That doesn't mean to say that they had a fair chance. But in mafia a 'balanced' setup doesn't mean the mafia has just as good a shot at winning as the town. Town is supposed to win 70-80% of the time. That's just the nature of the game.

I think the 'everyone has a role' setup was better. Without the role revelations it would have been a pretty even game.

However, I'm not bitter. I had fun and that's all that matters. Congrats to mafia for winning.

In the end we (Miriel and I) had Spain, NK, and SK pegged. The order would have been: Spain, SK, and by then I really think the remaining town would have been able to find Japan. So had Brother Cop sided with town I think we would have won.

One thing that did suck was that I felt like I was the only one playing the game in the final days. With more participation from my fellow townies I think we would have had a better chance.

And DD just sucks at this game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh and FYI, almost *immediately* after we recruited Israel, we knew something was fishy. Which is why Del Murder and I kept most of our communications to ourselves after that point, only posting in the mason forum trying to generate misinformation to see if Israel would take the bait.

Turns out we were wrong about the Israel/Spain connection, but totally right that Israel wasn't there to help us and that Spain was scum.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There really wasn't a lot of discussion going on in that game at all, but with so many night killer people, I don't blame pretty much everyone for trying to lie low regardless of what they were. I should have done that more

I liked the game but I'm biased and I agree the mafia were really strong that game xD The cult had the potential to be too, but they were just unlucky.

Edit: Mafia and cult both got 3 choices per night/recruitment (excluding first night for cult I guess) on who to recruit, so that's why the mafia were so sure that the cult had a lot more people than it did.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr