Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FF IV:The After cast of characters(part of the page is still under construction)

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Whoa, 17 years. Everyone's like old now. But that would explain why Edward doesn't look completely useless anymore. And I wonder if that means Ceo is Cecil and Rosa's kid.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Rykishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It does.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Rykishi View Post
    Like Before Crisis, The After is going to be chapter-based, meaning they can introduce new characters as they see fit. There's also a character called the "Mysterious Man" who was seen fighting alongside Ceodore in the demo, although his self-deprecating dialogue implies he's just Cain in disguise.
    Have you had the opportunity to play the demo? I have not read about this game and I would, at some point, like to read an indepth walkthrough or playthrough of the game. What is its release date in Japan for the first chapter?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't really feel the need for this game, but if it's going to be there, I hope I'll get a chance to play it.
    Who did the character designs? They look clearly Amano-inspired, especially Rydia's, but they're not quite the same.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Like Before Crisis, The After is going to be chapter-based, meaning they can introduce new characters as they see fit. There's also a character called the "Mysterious Man" who was seen fighting alongside Ceodore in the demo, although his self-deprecating dialogue implies he's just Cain in disguise.
    Have you had the opportunity to play the demo? I have not read about this game and I would, at some point, like to read an indepth walkthrough or playthrough of the game. What is its release date in Japan for the first chapter?
    I've only read reports from people who have played it, as well as seen screenshots from the Japanese press. Apparently, the first chapter was released last Monday, February 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I didn't really feel the need for this game, but if it's going to be there, I hope I'll get a chance to play it.
    Who did the character designs? They look clearly Amano-inspired, especially Rydia's, but they're not quite the same.
    I'm not absolutely sure, but it seems to be Akira Oguro.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks Kishi. Is he the same who is credited in some websited to have worked on character design for FF X? (I believed Nomura only had done that.)

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I believe Oguro's only credit on FFX was storyboard designer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

I've only read reports from people who have played it, as well as seen screenshots from the Japanese press. Apparently, the first chapter was released last Monday, February 18.
    I have done a little research on the title, too. I'm wondering if that was the free prologue that is available to Japanese gamers through their mobile phones or if that is the real first chapter of the game that one must pay to play.

I look forward to a website documenting the game, at least, similar to Zarathustra: A Pied Piper Translation Project.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

WHY? WHY on EARTH would they make a sequel to such a great game...on a mobile phone? At least put it on GBA or something!

This really upsets me. FFIV is one of my favorites, and I can't believe I have to play it on a phone if I want to play it.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The GBA is a dead platform worldwide, while mobile phones are a very viable one in Japan. But since Square recently announced they'd be releasing an enhanced version of Front Mission 2089, another mobile game, for the DS, it's not beyond hope that this could receive the same treatment eventually.

Rosa and Rydia are just plain beautiful. Don't even have enough words to describe them

And since when does Porom have pink hair and a pink outfit?! T_T I have to admit though, she's quite pretty

Palom is cool-looking

Wow, never thought Edward (or Gilbart, as he's called there) could look manly 0_o

Everybody else also looks very nice

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The GBA is a dead platform worldwide, while mobile phones are a very viable one in Japan. But since Square recently announced they'd be releasing an enhanced version of Front Mission 2089, another mobile game, for the DS, it's not beyond hope that this could receive the same treatment eventually.
    I'd hope so. I really don't want to play a game on my cell phone when (technically) gaming is not something cell phones were made for. I hope they do make it for the DS as well (I wouldn't even care if they didn't redo the graphics, as long as it looks okay).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

Do you know the length of time between the release of Front Mission 2089 on mobile phones and the announcement of the enhanced version on a portable gaming system? I am worried that the marketing model for Final Fantasy IV the After will interfere with a potential release outside of the mobile market.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Front Mission 2089 was originally an August 2005 release. The DS incarnation was announced in September 2007, at the Tokyo Game Show.

Anyone notice that Luca (dwarf princess) is a playable character now?

Or is it a different Luca or something?