Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: don’t listen!

Default don’t listen!

I enjoy these forums but the thing I dont like is when people criticize a game when it has just come out , I think if you have just bought a game you shouldn’t go on these forums and be told why its bad and why its good you have to make up your own mind it puts you off the game and gets you thinking the good things and the bad things about it instead of enjoying it! what does everyone think?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You sure have a point, however it sometimes is possible to get a fairly correct idea of the game from previews and reviews. But sometimes it just get really ridiculous, like when Advent Children had yet to come out and there were people reviewing it on IMDB just cause they had seen the trailers. :P

I hear you all on the whole thing of judging by trailers and previews but there's nothing wrong with having an opinion on a game once you've actually played it, even if you played for ten minutes and didn't like it. Hell, I've given enough games a "chance" and still not liked them (basically to stop people accusing me of not giving it a "chance") to fill up about fifteen weekends which I frankly would really like to have back.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's probably part of the reason I didn't check out the FFXII forum until I had beaten the game and formed my own opinion.

I think there's nothing wrong with forming a negative opinion when a game first comes out as long as you know what you're talking about. If you have yet to play/beat the game, then don't read them. I'll probably do the same when XIII comes out.

Also, some FF-internet-fans are a very cynical bunch, so you just gotta block out the negative, stay with the positive, know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    That's probably part of the reason I didn't check out the FFXII forum until I had beaten the game and formed my own opinion.

I think there's nothing wrong with forming a negative opinion when a game first comes out as long as you know what you're talking about. If you have yet to play/beat the game, then don't read them. I'll probably do the same when XIII comes out.

Also, some FF-internet-fans are a very cynical bunch, so you just gotta block out the negative, stay with the positive, know what I mean?
    yea you make a lot of sense really

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I stay away from those threads if I can help it n.n

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I find that something new is always going to be met with hostility. Originally I hated FFX. But eventually I gave it a few more tries, it grew on me, I beat the game, and it became awesome. Just learn to ignore initial complaints.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I don't have a problem with people forming opinions and expressing them. That's what communicatoin is all about. If someone forms one prematurely in your eyes give them a chance to develop to see if they keep it or change it.

I have no problem reading other's opinions because it doesn't sway my own, and it's inevitable opinions will be fast and fierce when dealing with something popular. When it's popular, it gets extreme to the point of silliness. If opinions had any kind of control over me, I'd hate everything. This is the internet, after all.

Its kind of annoying but I try to not pay attention to people who make opinions based on trailers and such.

Yeah. Especially with FFIV: The After.

I have a very specific palet for games. They have to be worth my time. Almost from beginning to end. I hate tedium. I can't get into jRPGs anymroe 'cause of the need to grind and such. When people bash a game. I figure they have reason. If its a game I had been looking forward to. I have to realize, it probably won't be perfect. I'd like to know if the flaws cripple the game for me before I waste the money on it..

I didn't join a forum to not read people's opinions.

but dont you think it puts ideas in your head before you can make your own mind up?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Valentine 007 View Post
    but dont you think it puts ideas in your head before you can make your own mind up?
    I always figured that was the point of forums. For people to express their opinions. You read, see the points of both sides of an issue, then make a decision based off of it. I mean, there are many games I wouldn't buy no matter what people said, and many games I would buy likewise. But for those games I'm not quite sure about, reading others opinions can give me an idea of what to expect if I were to buy the game.

You come here to read opinions. It's the whole point of a forum, to discuss and get advice about things.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9