Thread: Tales of Vesperia Headed to 360, North America

Default Tales of Vesperia Headed to 360, North America

RPGamer - News Bulletin - Vesperia Headed to 360, North America

In the upcoming issue of Play magazine, it was revealed that Tales of Vesperia will be released on Microsoft's Xbox 360. It was also revealed that the game will be released outside of Japan fairly quickly, as the English version is being developed simultaneously with its Japanese counterpart, and that the releases will be close to each other.

The main characters announced so far are:

Yuri - An empathetic person, who cares deeply about his friends and family, despite not actually having any real family of his own.
    Flynn - Childhood friend of Yuri, he has a strong sense of justice and wants to change the world for the better without having to go outside of the law.

The ring around the city, seen in trailers, is actually a barrier that keeps monsters out. The world's energy balance is breaking down, causing an influx in the creation of monsters. Most people will never set foot outside the city, though Yuri used to be a knight and Flynn regularly ventures out to fight monsters.

At this point, the game is approximately 60% complete and is scheduled to fit on a single dual-sided DVD. Production I.G. is once again handling the opening movie, and they will also be handling the FMVs in Vesperia. The FMVs will be more numerous than any past game in the series and will all run at 720p.

The battle system is based on the one from Tales of the Abyss, though more features have been added to it to create the Evolved Flex-Range Linear Motion Battle System or EFR-LMBS. The battles are scheduled to run at 60 frames per second (fps), while in the field it drops to 30 fps.

One of the changes to the battle system is the addition of enemy links. This means that when the player goes into battle in an area within range of other enemies, the player may have to fight a larger group than initially intended. There is now the ability to stock up Over Limits to as high as four, so each character can use one or a single character can use them all. Using that gauge, players will be able to create more combos. This may see characters fight faster or even gain the ability to use artes more rapidly.

When it comes to mini-games and downloadable content (DLC), Namco Bandai will likely have both of those available to players. They're working on a few ideas for mini-games in Vesperia, though they're running out of time, so it may not be finished in time to be added to the game. If it is added, an Xbox Live ranking system would be included. In regards to DLC, it's doubtful that bonus dungeons will be released, though there are plans to have hard to find items downloadable for those more willing to pay for items rather than find them.

When it comes to the game's North American version, players can expect to find fully-voiced skits and an English version of the main theme, sung by the same person that does the Japanese one. This will mark the 10th anniversary of the Tales series, and as such Namco Bandai has been putting a lot of work into its development.

Though the game will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 when it releases, Namco Bandai also mentions that there is a possibility that the game may one day be ported to the PlayStation 3. Readers interested in seeing the game's teaser trailer may visit the game's official site for both a high definition and standard view.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

A Dual-Sided DVD, or a Dual-Layered DVD? I'd kinda rather have 2 DVDs (or one DL) than one Dual-Sided DVD.

This 'simultaneous development in English and Japanese' is good, and I hope Squenix does it with the next FF as well. I think SE is doing something like that with Last Remnant, also looking for a near-simultaneous international release. Would also be nice if they could fit both spoken languages on it at the same time.

Soon their battle system is going to be called #E.wAlpha=!x_@3

Sounds hot! I'm really very excited for this. I need me some more of that Tales battling goodness. They always have the best characters, way better than any other games achieve. Hopefully I get another cool chica like Tear in the mix.

I can't wait for this to come out and read on every site "The 360 is STARVED for RPGs and NEEDED this game" as they do with all the others, even though the 360 has more RPGs than the other two. Microsoft really can't shake that image

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

We finally get opening vocals. Finally! But why did it take them this long? And I hope the summons make a return. They've been curiosly absent for the past couple of games. And I so want 360 more than ever.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html