Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21216171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia VI, official game thread. MAFIA VICTORY!

South Africa

There is at most 5 cult members. It's Day 5, so only 4 nights for recruits. I'm pretty sure they started off with only a leader. Otherwise they would be WAY too powerful.

It's probable that they missed a recruit one night, targetting a mafia/protected/other immune party. So my guess is there is 4 cult. But don't rule out 5.

The mafia is less of a threat at the moment. My guess is they started with 4. One down so now they have 3. If P&Q kept the recruiter role then they could possibly have another. So 3-4 mafia.

So we are looking at 7-9 scum at the moment. Out of 14. So there is 5-7 town. Town is still the biggest group, but they are no longer a majority.

As to who is Cult? We will have to look at the thread and at voting patterns to determine this. I'll have some time in a couple hours to go through what we have and post thoughts.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:51 AM.

Iran

Norway and USA are a bit suspicious to me. USA has been lying low, posting just enough to be active, and not really saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kofi Annan View Post
    FINAL Votecount

Germany(12) Pakistan, United Kingdom, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, Australia, USA, India, Italy, Brazil, South Africa, Iraq

New Zealand(4) Iran (DOUBLE VOTE), South Africa, Italy, Germany, North Korea

Australia(1) New Zealand, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan

Iran(1) South Korea

Mexico(1) Canada

USA(1) Russia

Non-voters: China, France, Israel, Spain.
    See how Russia votes for USA. If USA is indeed mafia, and dies before Russia, this would make Russia a little more trustworthy.

Votecount

New Zealand(10) Israel, Iran, Australia, United Kingdom, South Korea, Russia, France, USA, South Africa, Pakistan, Mexico

Russia(2) Norway, Iraq

United Kingdom(1) India

Australia(1) Spain

Norway(0) New Zealand

Israel(0) Iran

China(0) Iran

Mexico(0) Spain

Not voting(6): Brazil, China, Japan, North Korea, Russia.
    On day two, USA did not appear until NZ revealed himself as a serial killer. There's nothing suspicious about voting for the SK, right? Norway votes for Russia (see above).

Votecount

India(9) Russia, North Korea, Australia, Japan, Pakistan, India, China, Israel, South Korea

China(1) Norway

Japan(0) India

Not voting: Brazil, Iran, Iraq, Mexico, South Africa, Spain, USA.
    Day three, USA did not vote. I don't think that's suspicious at all, they may not have even had the chance to and if they had they probably would have voted India. I mean who besides Norway, who voted for the Princess instead, wouldn't have?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Pakistan

I think Iran may be onto something, people who rarely poke there heads out tend to be a bit suspicious. Lying low is a good way to make it far into the game as long as you contribute something, though I don't think we should just ignore what DD said about Japan. It is very likely that he was just trying to get the noose off of him, but I think there could be validity to what he said.

Edit: Also I wouldn't put it past our lovely moderators to put both an insane and a regular cop. If they both role claimed it could cause quite a bit of chaos. But I guess that would be easy to work around... I dont know.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.

South Africa

It would be pretty stupid if the only investigative role we had was insane cop. However, the other role(s) may have been recruited by a scum faction. Not really sure how that would work.

I'm inclined to believe DD (the system falls apart if we can't trust confirmed town), but the reason why I haven't voted for Japan yet is because we need to get the cult this round.

I agree about USA lying low.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:52 AM.

USA

@ Iran:

Day1-Russia voted for me to get me to post. I tell her I was thinking about who to vote for, out of Germany or New Zealand.

Day2-Didn't suspect New Zealand as much, until his SK role-claim.

Day3-Had to clean my room, and India dies before I get to vote.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Iran

:P

Well let's see what Norway has to say, then.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 09:14 PM.

Spain

It would be. Chances are there is another cop or was. Apparently if a cop is recruited by a cult he will lose his powers. Same goes for a cop recruited by Mafia.

Why I am so keen after the cult is the fact that there are 14 (I count 14, but Kofi says 13) people left including myself. That means 8 is a majority. Assuming we do not get a cult today, that means we will be down to 13 (7 majority). Over the night assuming both the Mafia and the other kill faction (most likely vig) do not kill cult and no one is roleblocked or protected, our number goes down to 11. That means qith 11 people, 6 is a majority. By Day 6 there will be 6 Cult members. Everyone in essence is smurfed since cult would win by default. :/ In other words between Day 5 and Night 5 either the Townies, the "vig" (assuming that is the other killing faction) or the Mafia have to kill a Cult member or else it is game over for all of us. :/
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:13 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Australia

They wont win by default, but thier chances are almost 100%. If a vig and mafia both kill cult leaders, then we have a very small chance. We are still screwed right now though no matter what.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Iran

I'll vote now before I log off, I can change my mind, though

##Vote: Norway
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 09:14 PM.

Norway

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Iran View Post
    Well let's see what Norway has to say, then.
    As you wish.

Norway and USA are a bit suspicious to me. USA has been lying low, posting just enough to be active, and not really saying anything.
    Lying low is not always a trait of a scum player. So we learned with China, unfortunately.

FINAL Votecount

Germany(12) Pakistan, United Kingdom, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, Australia, USA, India, Italy, Brazil, South Africa, Iraq

New Zealand(4) Iran (DOUBLE VOTE), South Africa, Italy, Germany, North Korea

Australia(1) New Zealand, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan

Iran(1) South Korea

Mexico(1) Canada

USA(1) Russia

Non-voters: China, France, Israel, Spain.
    See how Russia votes for USA. If USA is indeed mafia, and dies before Russia, this would make Russia a little more trustworthy.
    True. The only way to know, unfortunately, is if USA dies. I am sure USA would have something to say about that.

Votecount

New Zealand(10) Israel, Iran, Australia, United Kingdom, South Korea, Russia, France, USA, South Africa, Pakistan, Mexico

Russia(2) Norway, Iraq

United Kingdom(1) India

Australia(1) Spain

Norway(0) New Zealand

Israel(0) Iran

China(0) Iran

Mexico(0) Spain

Not voting(6): Brazil, China, Japan, North Korea, Russia.
    On day two, USA did not appear until NZ revealed himself as a serial killer. There's nothing suspicious about voting for the SK, right? Norway votes for Russia (see above).
    The only way to know, unfortunately, is if I die. I am sure I have something to say about that.

Votecount

India(9) Russia, North Korea, Australia, Japan, Pakistan, India, China, Israel, South Korea

China(1) Norway

Japan(0) India

Not voting: Brazil, Iran, Iraq, Mexico, South Africa, Spain, USA.
    Day three, USA did not vote. I don't think that's suspicious at all, they may not have even had the chance to and if they had they probably would have voted India. I mean who besides Norway, who voted for the Princess instead, wouldn't have?
    I made it quite clear why I voted for China; i.e. lack of activity. I also stated why I was not voting for India, exactly as I did before on Day 2 when New Zealand was in the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] North Korea View Post
    This is true, DD did say Japan was mafia. This makes me suspisous of him.

There are two problems i have with this, if someone can explain these for me then i'll vote for Japan.

1. DD also said he was a cop and a bomb, which both could be untrue. Why should we trust him on this. on the other side, he seemed very adamant and he was a townie.

As I said, confusing >.<

2. Even if he is mafia, the cult is the biggest threat now, shouldnt we try and lynch a cult and let the vigilante take care of Japan? We can poke and prod the vigilante into doing that, right? ^^

So i suggest we try and lynch a cult, because otherwise, we are screwed either way.
    India was not very trustworthy to most, I will agree. I believed him, though, and I would like to think that I am much more trustworthy. I believe that you are scum, North Korea. I also believe that Japan is scum and that you are trying to lay bait for people to construct arguments against them so that you can agree. Tsk, tsk.

Shall we take a long hard look at this post from Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Russia View Post
    My vote for you will stay, India. Given that you have told everyone that you are Demon Dude and Demon Dude posted this before the scramble,
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Dude View Post
    I want a start-over! my role was crap.
    I'll have to say that you are lying.

I'm also concerned about China, because if they still haven't been replaced at this point, they haven't voted, and their only post was "I'm going to bed, I'll read the thread tomorrow" can we assume that they've been doing a night activity at least? I know that past mafia games shouldn't be a good basis for what goes on in current ones, but in the past players have gotten replaced much more quickly.
    This is my best assumption as to why China died. Russia's plot, if instinct serves me, was to shift attention to me. Very well done, Jojee. It is no secret that Jojee is a force to be reckoned with in Mafia. Except for my call against China, I would say my instinct has done exceptionally and I will continue to follow it.

##Vote: North Korea

I will be back later tonight.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Australia

If a cult recruit dies, is he revealed as cult recruit or as his previous role?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Israel

I'm not content with Australia's roleclaim. It seems like if Australia and Pakistan were Scum together, they could've easily coordinated the whole "I'm a White Mage" and "I was a White Mage before the Scramble" thing. I suggest that if there IS a Cop remaining, which I'm guessing there is, that they investigate Australia tonight. Barring Australia being the Godfather, if he/she turns up Scum, that would also incriminate Pakistan. And with Japan being already suspicious, the Mafia would be in trouble.

That's my Two Cents. Unfortunately I have a busy day tomorrow and probably won't make it back for the rest of Day 5, so I'm going to have to cast a vote now. If Australia actually IS the White Mage, that would be a terrible loss, so I'm not ready to make that vote now. Besides ALL the others I just named, the most suspicious to me is USA. I've never been trusting of the low-lyers, at least not this late in the game.

##Vote: USA
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:55 AM.

North Korea

I dont follow you norway.

I say to kill japan.

To lynch a cult, because they cant be killed at night.

and you accuse me of being scum? Is my reasoning so smart that you feel threatened or something?

Because I'm not exactly following you here. Your reasons seems the most random one ive ever seen, including NZ's one. If you had voted for Japan i would've understood and left you to be, because you can believe India or not, thats your descision. But this seems like cult/mafia pressuring to me and i dont like it.

##vote: Norway

If you can in some way adequately explain why you voted for me, then i'll unvote and leave you to your suspisions, but this seems too much like pressuring to me.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:02 AM.

Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Israel View Post
    I'm not content with Australia's roleclaim. It seems like if Australia and Pakistan were Scum together, they could've easily coordinated the whole "I'm a White Mage" and "I was a White Mage before the Scramble" thing. I suggest that if there IS a Cop remaining, which I'm guessing there is, that they investigate Australia tonight. Barring Australia being the Godfather, if he/she turns up Scum, that would also incriminate Pakistan. And with Japan being already suspicious, the Mafia would be in trouble.
    That sounds fair, heres hoping that if there is another cop he isn't paranoid.

I really don't know who to vote for right now, there are suspicions, but nothing that solid...
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:30 PM.

USA

@Israel:

The main reason I've being inactive is that I'm a bit busy. I will try to be more active, ok.

@Norway:

I can honestly say I'm a townie, so it would be a bad idea for you to lynch me.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:02 PM.