Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia VI, official game thread. MAFIA VICTORY!

South Africa

Votes right now are all over the place, which is not good. With only 3 days to look at, there isn't a lot to go on, but here is what I think.

Australia, Pakistan - for now, I believe them. Why? With all the killers in this game, an uber protective role like White Mage could work and not make too much of an inbalance for the town. If it's true then this is likely the only protective role for the town. However, unless someone else claims that they were the White Mage pre-scramble, these two are now linked and if one is scum, the other is (unless one of them was later recruited by the cult, dammit cult makes things complicated!)

USA - USA is on my list at the moment for the inactivity. Russia voting for USA on day 1 could be a clever trick to clear Russia in case USA was killed at some point. Or vice versa. However, this would make USA mafia and not cult, which is not the aim of today.

Japan - Insane Cop is not the only investigative role for the town in this game. It just isn't. People who are claiming it is would be suspicious in my eyes. That wasn't what Japan did I don't think, but I'm just pointing that out now. Since there is more than one investigative role, an actual Cop is viable. 2 Insane Cops? Maybe. For this game to work the town has to tell the truth. For some reason, India didn't do that. But in the end his final posts called out Japan. I have to believe in. BUT that makes Japan mafia and not Cult so I will not be voting for them today. If we get a cult today then maybe we can think about taking out Japan tomorrow, or tonight the (alleged) Vig can take out Japan.

Brazil, Iran, Iraq, Israel, South Korea - I'm not too suspicious of these people right now. That's not saying there isn't some cult or mafia in here. There likely is. Just not much to go on at the moment.

This leaves:

Mexico
    North Korea
    Norway
    Spain

I'm going to take a break from typing for a few minutes. But I'll be back to talk about the last four.

Also, please be aware that I am a shared account. So later I might say things that disagree with these posts. Hopefully they won't be fundamentally different!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:52 AM.

USA

South Africa, I've already said that Russia only voted for me because of inactivity.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:02 PM.

South Africa

Ok, I'll add you back to my list of possible cult members then.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:53 AM.

Pakistan

How much time do we have?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:30 PM.

Spain

2h33m by my reckoning.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:13 AM.

South Africa

+12 hours...

Spain

Why is it that I read pm as am? I think I am going senile.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:13 AM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kofi Annan

Votecount time!

Norway(2) - Iran, North Korea

South Africa(1) - Spain

USA(1) - Israel

With 14 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Voting ends about 7:00 PM GMT Thats about 14 1/2 hours from now

Not Voting -Australia, Brazil, Iraq, Japan, Mexico, Pakastan, South Africa, South Korea, USA
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Japan

Alright since we're beginning to lay cards on the table, and to prevent the vig killing me tonight and thus killing another townie and helping cult and mafia. Here it is, I was the Morally Conscious Vigilante before the scramble. Afterwards I became a vanilla townie, which is why I still hate that scramble.

Now that that is out of the way. IF DD was telling the truth about a second cop (again it's DD so who knows) that means your either paranoid or insane. I hate to think we got 2 bad cops in this game, but seeing as he claimed me to be scum and of being the cop, it stands to reason that if a cop is out there, then your paranoid or insane. So look carefully over your investigations since you became the cop and keep that in mind.

With that out of the way, I'm going to look back over the last few pages on posts and try and see who I think the cult is.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:33 AM.

South Africa

What does the disctinction of 'Morally Conscious' mean?

USA

Quote Originally Posted by [M] South Africa View Post
    Ok, I'll add you back to my list of possible cult members then.
    I'm a townie, not cult or mafia.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Japan

More or less if I kill more townies then scum by a 66% (or 2/3 rather) majority by the third night I'll die. I got lucky in some ways since I was the one who killed the UK and got the scramble so I managed to survive despite killing UK and Italy on the first and second nights and having a huge majority of townies dead vs scum. That's the morally conscious part, it basically is a limiter to prevent me from pulling an Edge last game and killing more town then mafia ended up doing.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:33 AM.

South Africa

My list of possible cult members.

Spain - Spain's arguments were badly formed. It was as if they were trying to make me scum rather than actually thinking I was scum. Yes, I did push for people to make the final votes and end the day early a couple times. But remember, Russia, a MAFIA did the exact opposite. She even unvoted to 'promote more discussion'. What better a way to get the town to believe you than try to promote discussion? I legitimately dislike when the days are slow. I'm used to playing this offline where it is fast paced. Also the multiple day 1s were bothering me, so I just wanted to get the start of the game over with. I won't press for quick voting at this point, since with the cult possibly growing we might be close to end game.

Then there's my voting patterns. Spain pointed out that I have accused multiple confirmed towns. First of all, one of the posts he quoted wasn't really accusations, just summing up information from the first day. But I will admit that I have voted for some confirmed towns. Spain made a crucial mistake in calling NZ a 'confirmed town' which goes to show the lack of due dilligence put into his accusations. However, when I pointed out that NZ was scum, he failed to realize that even if I was mafia or cult, I would want the SK dead. So it would go towards his argument. However, he failed to mention this. To me this further proves that Spain never really thought I was scum at all, and just was looking for excuses to turn the town against me.

Norway - Norway has been our lone wolf. They always seem to want to vote the non majority. Day 2 they voted for Russia, Day 3 for China. Look at this quote from Norway:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Norway View Post
    I also suspect Russia, South Korea, and Japan for lone voting. Nothing against any of you guys, really, but members of mafia have been historically known in past games to stay out of the main voting.
    So they were basically calling out someone for doing the exact same thing they did.

Also, when NZ looked cooked, Norway was a big proponent of 'keeping the discussion alive'. It is my opinion that this is a strategy that the scum are using this round. Try and promote discussion to look like good guys. One confirmed scum already used this tactic.

Ok, I'm running low on time here so I have to make these quick.

North Korea - North Korea just seems dodgy to me and they have more or less stayed under the radar.

Mexico - Also stayed under the radar. As I reread through the thread Mexico's behaviour struck me as odd but I got so into typing up my response for Spain and Norway I forgot what it was.

USA - USA seems to not want to be linked with mafia, and since I think they are scum I guess they must be cult.

Vote time. This CAN change later. Right now I am pretty sure that Spain was sent out by the cult to get the town to lynch me. Maybe I'm just paranoid. If this feeling goes away later I may change my vote.

##Vote: Spain

Norway

Quote Originally Posted by [M] North Korea View Post
    There are two problems i have with this, if someone can explain these for me then i'll vote for Japan.
    This is the real problem I have with you, North Korea. I do not like when players expect others to make up their minds for them. Think for yourself and give us ideas on what you are considering. I have said before that only through discussion and revelation of thought patterns can we find the baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by USA
    @Israel:

The main reason I've being inactive is that I'm a bit busy. I will try to be more active, ok.

@Norway:

I can honestly say I'm a townie, so it would be a bad idea for you to lynch me.
    I never said anything about lynching you, USA. I said (in response to Iran's post) that the only way to know if you are Mafia is if you die. Death is the only sure proof in this game.

I agree that Spain has had some weakly meshed ideas and post slips. If they are scum, I think that they are doing a horrible job of it. If they are pro-town, they are still not doing so hot.

Now, onto all the roles that are being claimed.

- We have Australia and Pakistan confirming that White Mage is in play and that Australia is now the White Mage. These two are most likely aligned on the same side, be it town, mafia, or cult. There is, however, the possibility that one of them has now been recruited. I do not think that is the case since by publicly speaking out about the role, they have alerted all players to it. If they were scum, I think that they would have kept this information within their group only. There is one way to tell if they are telling the truth: Australia also claimed that they were a Bus Driver before the Scramble. If someone out there now has been assigned Bus Driver, we can assume that they are telling the truth and are town-aligned. If no one has the Bus Driver role, then we can assume that they are cult/mafia-aligned.

- We also have Japan claiming to have been a Morally Conscious Vigilante and now, after the Scramble, claiming Vanilla Town. Again, if someone now has this role, then Japan is telling the truth and is town-aligned. If not, then they are lying and are cult/mafia-aligned. I do not know if I believe this or not, honestly. It is definitely a custom role but it seems a little strange that a Vigilante would die if the players they killed were town-aligned 2/3 of the time. That is the point of Vigilante: to deduce who should die for the good of the town. It just seems a little off the wall.

Regarding my lone-vote record: yes, I vote based on who is most suspicious to me. I listed those people for lone-voting based on the historical trend of mafia groups sending at least one of their number off to vote apart from the crowd. Obviously, I would not include myself in the list since I know that I am not scum. I was correct in doing so; we now know that Russia was confirmed Mafia.

I know this is a lot to read but I had to get it all down before I go to bed.

And Kofi, I think you missed my vote earlier.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Norway
    We have Australia and Pakistan confirming that White Mage is in play and that Australia is now the White Mage. These two are most likely aligned on the same side, be it town, mafia, or cult. There is, however, the possibility that one of them has now been recruited. I do not think that is the case since by publicly speaking out about the role, they have alerted all players to it. If they were scum, I think that they would have kept this information within their group only. There is one way to tell if they are telling the truth: Australia also claimed that they were a Bus Driver before the Scramble. If someone out there now has been assigned Bus Driver, we can assume that they are telling the truth and are town-aligned. If no one has the Bus Driver role, then we can assume that they are cult/mafia-aligned.
    That also makes sence. I doubt that Australia is cult or mafia or else they wouldn't have role-claimed. I have nothing backing an Australia, the reason I threw my support to Australia is because that is the only role I "know" is currently in play, and to help them out would be the smartest move on the towns part I could make.

If a bus driver steps out it doesn't clear us, if we were cult or mafia another member of the cult or mafia could simply make a fake role claim to support us. Also if there was a Bus Driver, they could have been recruited into a cult by now, so they wont say anything and try to get us lynched. After tonight there is an even bigger possibility that one of us will be cult or mafia if we are recruited, but this could be held true with anyone.

This just came to me too as i was typing, there is a possibility that Australia was recruited last night and made the role claim, knowing that someone (me) knew that they white mage was in play in hopes of making themselves look innocent X_x.

Other than all that... U.S.A your support is just saying, "I am a townie, Don't suspect me!" "No, I am not a cult, I am a townie. Why do you have me on your suspect list?" I think you can see the holes in that logic... But I think you may just be an inexperienced player as I doubt that mafia/cult would dare use that as a strategy.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: ZOMG I spelled wholes wrong! How dare I O.o WHHHHYYYYY!!!... The end.... Or Is it! :shifty: ... Is it?