Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 616202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Mafia VI, official game thread. MAFIA VICTORY!

Israel

First Cult member lynched being the Cult Leader? Now there's a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:56 AM.

Japan

2 Townies dead though. This still bad as the cult has power yet, however not in gaining members anymore at the least.

Iran got my old role then I see. You lucky lucky pair.

And welcome Mexico. There's quite a bit to read at the moment as it's been chaotic this past game as you can undoubtedly see.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:34 AM.

Mexico

My thoughts

Alright, let's see... Let's start with some numbers, and some past votes just so we can be aware of suspicious voting this round. We can easily assume that the Cult Recruited Night 1, 2, 3, and 4. During day 5 the cult leader died, so that would mean they are done recruiting, and couldn't that night. Now then. That means we have four Cult Members. We have 11 people left, that means 6 people determine the vote. That means its very possible that the Cult may try and lay low, then win the game next round with their impressive numbers. That means atm public enemy number one for us is the Cult.

With that said, I may as well throw up some numbers for how many mafians I think there are. Last game we had a serial killer role, and mafians, there where 4 mafians. I don't see there being that many again, because not only is there a serial killer, and a cult, but we lack the amount of mass roles, that we had the last game, so the mafia having 4 members would probably just be overkill for the town. My guess is the mafia started off with 3 members, then we took out one, so I think a good estimate would be that the mafia has 2 members.

Voting Habits:

Color tells what type of player died.

Day One

Germany(12) Pakistan, United Kingdom, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, Australia, USA, India, Italy, Brazil, South Africa, Iraq

New Zealand(4) Iran (DOUBLE VOTE), South Africa, Italy, Germany, North Korea

Australia(1) New Zealand, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan

Iran(1) South Korea

Mexico(1) Canada

USA(1) Russia

Day Two
    New Zealand(10) Israel, Iran, Australia, United Kingdom, South Korea, Russia, France, USA, South Africa, Pakistan, Mexico

Russia(2) Norway, Iraq

United Kingdom(1) India

Australia(1) Spain

Norway(0) New Zealand

Israel(0) Iran

China(0) Iran

Mexico(0) Spain

Day 3

Votecount

India(9) Russia, North Korea, Australia, Japan, Pakistan, India, China, Israel, South Korea

China(1) Norway

Japan(0) India

No votes day 4, Beloved Princess mourned.

Day 5

Norway (4) - Iran, North Korea, USA, Pakistan, Japan

Spain (3) - South Africa, Iraq, Australia

USA (2) - Israel, Japan, Iran

North Korea (1) - Norway

South Africa (1) - Spain

Not voting - Brazil, Mexico, South Korea

My opinions:

Now, I tried pretty hard to get some thoughts out of this... I don't think that the Cult was going to be willing to vote for Norway, no way, not with it being so close, they would want him to survive, so they could recruit someone during the night and gain victory. I think they may have made one of the more subtle votes, trying to have them all pass under the radar. So I think we could eliminate NK, USA, Pakistan, and Japan from being Cult members.
    So I turned my attention to one of the votes I think wouldn't be noticed in last round. Israel. As a several time past mafian member, I can confidently say his vote is almost textbook for someone trying to fly under the radar and go unnoticed.

My thoughts on Israel's vote:

I'm not content with Australia's roleclaim. It seems like if Australia and Pakistan were Scum together, they could've easily coordinated the whole "I'm a White Mage" and "I was a White Mage before the Scramble" thing. I suggest that if there IS a Cop remaining, which I'm guessing there is, that they investigate Australia tonight. Barring Australia being the Godfather, if he/she turns up Scum, that would also incriminate Pakistan. And with Japan being already suspicious, the Mafia would be in trouble.

That's my Two Cents. Unfortunately I have a busy day tomorrow and probably won't make it back for the rest of Day 5, so I'm going to have to cast a vote now. If Australia actually IS the White Mage, that would be a terrible loss, so I'm not ready to make that vote now. Besides ALL the others I just named, the most suspicious to me is USA. I've never been trusting of the low-lyers, at least not this late in the game.

##Vote: USA
    Israel's vote seems weird from the beginning, you seem to have a lot of suspicion on Australia, A LOT, of suspicion. But you so easily vote for USA for lying low. My gut tells me not to buy it. This made me go back, and review the rest of your votes. You voted for New Zealand on Day 2, and India on day 3. Both obvious votes, and easily explainable by a mere, "They just seemed SOOOOOOOOO obvious." Again, I don't buy it reviewing back thats what I LOT of members trying to not be noticed did.

I'm not going to vote yet, because if I'm wrong, and someone agrees then the cult can bandwagon and end this day. But I think I've brought up some points that should be discussed.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 03:08 AM.

South Africa

Well that was certainly a good shot! Cult leader gone! I suspected Norway but I got so caught up with Spain's gunning for me and USA's odd behavior that I glossed over that one. Good job guys!

I think it's safe to say that none of the cult voted for the cult leader. That doesn't mean that some mafia voted for him. We have to keep in mind that at all times. Just because someone is clearly not part of one scum group it doesn't mean they aren't part of another.

Now onto Japan. Had we found a Cult yesterday, I was really planning on going after Japan today. But the role claim of morally conscious vig seems to check out. That is would be a tough one to guess. So India must have been smoking something, or perhaps been a paranoid cop. Japan is safe from me for the time being.

Cult has potentially 4 members, but I think they missed a recruitment or two, so it's more like 2-3 members. Mafia probably has 3ish members. Since the mafia has the ability to kill I think they are the bigger threat right now. But getting a scum at all would be imparitive.

That's all I have for now.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Pakistan

Short post, sorry:

It looks now like Japan was telling the truth about the Morally Conscious Vigilante. So there is a chance that Iran killed Brazil, then because of 2/3rd thing killed himself, and the mafias kill was blocked. Possible...
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:31 PM.

North Korea

I think that there are at least 3 cult and probably 4. The first few nights there was little to no chance of it being blocked.

And doesnt the cult get to offer 3 possible recruits in the case that one of them is non-recruitable?

It was like that in other mafia games i played anyway.

If that is true(please confirm moderators) then there are 4 cult. This kind of scares me because they only need two townies to vote for someone and then they can make it happen.

The vigilante's death is unfortunate, but she wasnt really a good vigilante, killing off mostly townies.

I think there are 2-3 mafia members left now, with prostitute and serial killer dead. However, since there are so little of us townies left, we need a cult lynched or we wont be able to win the votes in the next day.

And hopefully, the mafia and cult will then kill each other, and a townie that has been hiding will emerge victorious.

In my eyes, a victory in an other way doesnt seem likely.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:02 AM.

South Africa

North Korea, I'm pretty sure you're mafia.

The 3 recruit thing is pretty ludicrous, and I think it is a mafia ploy to take the focus away from them.

The mafia likely spread out their votes last time around. Japan gets cleared for the role claim, and Pakistan gets cleared for the WM affiliation. That leaves USA and North Korea. USA is weird but they have mentioned some 'special role' and I'd like to hear them out before I vote for them.

For the record, here is my short list of who I think is scum (of either group):

North Korea
    USA
    Spain

I think Spain is cult. They tried to recruit me, failed, and decided to send one of their own after me. This had the added effect of deflecting suspicion off of the leader, Norway. Has Spain ever mentioned Norway in his posts?

North Korea

I am merely asking South Afrika. The moderators can confirm or deny.

I can shout that im not mafia here, but when you post no reason, im guessing this is the same Cult pressuring that Norway started. He suddenly came out with a claim as well and he turned out to be the cult leader.

And I didnt see you voting for Norway, or ever suspecting the strange way he votes. Actually, my short lists of who is scum and cult is this.

cult:

Israel
    Iraq
    Australia
    South Afrika

- I just dont believe the whole white mage thing. It seems a way too powerful role. And this is actually the first time i heard you claim anything about the cult. And in your shortlist i dont see any cult, although they are a great threat. Israel has been too quiet, i dont trust it, same as Iraq.

scum:

USA
    Spain

USA has been suspisious in the entire game, but i admit that some of this is simply reading the reason all you guys gave for him being scum. Spain has been questionable at best. I chalked Japan up as scum as well, but his claim seems to check out, so i crossed him out again.

Anyway, these are my suspisions. Pakistan and the rest are up for grabs, I can't get a clear reading there.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:03 AM.

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by [M] North Korea View Post
    And I didnt see you voting for Norway, or ever suspecting the strange way he votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] South Africa View Post
    Norway - Norway has been our lone wolf. They always seem to want to vote the non majority. Day 2 they voted for Russia, Day 3 for China. Look at this quote from Norway:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Norway View Post
    I also suspect Russia, South Korea, and Japan for lone voting. Nothing against any of you guys, really, but members of mafia have been historically known in past games to stay out of the main voting.
    So they were basically calling out someone for doing the exact same thing they did.

Also, when NZ looked cooked, Norway was a big proponent of 'keeping the discussion alive'. It is my opinion that this is a strategy that the scum are using this round. Try and promote discussion to look like good guys. One confirmed scum already used this tactic.
    What do you call that?

Anyway, these are my suspisions. Pakistan and the rest are up for grabs, I can't get a clear reading there.
    Pakistan and Australia are linked. Australia claimed WM and Pakistan claimed WM pre-scramble. Either they are telling the truth or they are both part of the same scum group. There is no denying this.

The fact that you missed these two critical points seems to indicate to me that you are scum, or just a really bad player. Are most of you guys just bad at this?

North Korea

Well done, you found out that i dont actually read all of your internal scuffles and arguments. Maybe because i actually have a job and have to work 8-10 hours a day.

I've only been coming here more often lately, because i have to run 40 min simulations and that frees up a lot of time

I'll give you the fact that i didnt see the Pakistan thing.

But I still didnt see you voting for Norway and saying he's a lone wolf doesnt really say much.

And i still havent heard a single reason why i would be scum. It's exactly the same as it went with Norway.

I'm off to sleep soon. So i might as well vote, as they only need 6 votes this round.

you vote exactly the same way as Norway did and i dont like it. Therefore i will vote for you now, but if you manage to come up with a decent argument before i retire for the night(+/-30 min), i will go for someone else.

##vote: South Afrika

South Africa

The reason I suspect you is because spread contradictory and misinformation. I posted some examples above. You missed my post about Norway, and the link between Australia and Pakistan.

However, here is another example:
    To lynch a cult, because they cant be killed at night.
    There is no where that has been stated. Sounds like something a mafia would say to get people to stop looking for mafia.

I don't have time to go through the thread and find all the examples. I can only hope that others do, or have, and see what I have seen.

The reason I suspected you before was because while I read over the thread I got an odd vibe from you. Your posts since are only confirming this vibe. I wish I had more specifics from before, but I've read this thread so many times that I don't want to go back to it again. I've already spent too much time on this game.

Are you only voting for me because I am going after you, pointing out things that you agreed were holes in your game? Before you voted me I was only a possible suspect. How have my posts since then caused you to feel differently?

Yesterday I would have cared if I was on the chopping block. But today I don't think it matters as much. Losing another town would be a huge blow, but I think it would point fingers at the right people and the remaining town can pick it up. Of course, I don't want to die, because if I did the town would be closer to losing.

North Korea

Actually, it was something you said.

Quote Originally Posted by South Afrika
    I think cult was a little too overpowered in this game. It's a strong role on it's own, but with the whole night kill immune thing. That just kills it for the town.
    And this misinformation is merely based upon what i read. If no one corrects me like you just did in that quote, then how would i know?

And to find that quote, you'd have to dig anyway, so I'm guessing you couldn't find anything else.

This still seems like Cult pressuring to me and therefore will not change my vote. That quote actually was my first suspision about you, because i didnt even know that.

Again, If by tomorrow the day isnt over yet and you actually gave me some real idea why you voted for me, i'll change my vote based on the rest of the discussions. I do afree that we can't make more mistakes anymore and will take an open mind towards all this.

And I think i will take your suggestion. I have a strong feeling about this. If they lynch you and you turn out to be townie, Then feel free to lynch me next time. Would only seem fair.

But i dont think it works that way.

Anyway, im off to bed.

South Africa

Ok, when I wrote that I assumed that everyone read the FIRST POST OF THE THREAD that stated that the CULT LEADER was immune from night kills for the first three nights. I was casually referring to that fact. I did not bother explaining it further since to me it was obvious what I was referring to.

I had no clue that people would actually not read that bit. You really didn't read that? That's a stretch, BUT the rest of your posts seem to imply that you don't read everything.

The quote from you I got above is basically me trying to go through your posts to figure out why I suspected you. I clicked on a random page and there it was. That's really all there is to it. To me it was a good enough example without having to go through the whole thing again.

Also, I have never voted for you. AGAIN with the not reading. Are you just choosing what you care to pay attention to?

If I get lynched I'd rather the town go after Spain and not you. You seem more genuinely lost and he seemed more like he was out to get me.

But I don't trust either of you!

I've been spending too much time on this. Town I leave it in your hands to decide our fates. I'll vote in the morning if I'm still alive.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Iraq

This seems like a decent time to reveal this info. No time like the present, right? Sorry in advance, North Korea; here's a reason why you would be scum.

I am a Brother Cop. North Korea is my brother, and yes, he is Mafia.

Conditions of the sibling factor are typical: if NK dies, I commit suicide the following night. The converse is also true.

Night 1, I investigated North Korea, which was probably a wasted investigation. It was a sanity test. Of course, the result was guilty.

Night 2, I investigated Russia. She turned up guilty.

Night 3, South Korea. Result: innocent.

Night 4, investigated Japan. Result: Australia is innocent.

Night 5, investigated USA. Result: innocent.

So what does this mean?

I know I'm definitely not the best at this game in terms of reading people and scheming and all that, but here are my best guesses.

1) I'm pretty sure Australia is telling the truth about being a White Mage, and about being a Bus Driver before the scramble.

2) I think Spain is cult.

3) I'm really bad at this. But I'm sure other people will be able to draw conclusions from this info, right?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 03:03 AM.

Spain

I am not Cult! I am a Townie.

Also, for those of you who do not know, upon investigation a Cult member will appear innocent. I remember asking Psy/Qwerty about that. They can confirm it if they want to.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:14 AM.