Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia VI, official game thread. MAFIA VICTORY!

Japan

Protection is vs kills definitely. However I don't know if it is vs recruits or not. I doubt Kofi will tell us though since confirming or denying it will mean we can know if cult can or can't recruit you tonight. Regardless cult has a lot of members now, we should probably fear that they have gotten off their full recruits meaning they will be 5 strong today.

As for the last words of India, I dunno what to say really. For starters....it's DD....and he claimed to be a bomb as a townie thus lying to everyone town included to keep himself alive, especially as a vanilla. So with that in mind it's up to you guys. Knowing psy and qwerty if there WAS 2 cops, and one being insane, the second could very well be another off type like a second insane or a paranoid or some such.

Also Australia for now your role claim seems to make some sense. I've been wondering what protective role we've had in this game. Town hasn't been the best thus far. Taking on 3 factions and so far all they have is a scrambler, a vig, and an insane cop on their side (though insane is more detrimental till they learn their insane), plus a beloved princess to hurt them by losing a day for discussion. I think it makes sense town would get a strong protector in lack of a good investigator.

That's just my 2 cents thus far. It's kind of hard to think things through real well cause of the scrambling.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:32 AM.

North Korea

A white mage would be awsome.

You could protect yourself one night and another the following night. You couldn't die, ever!

*sigh* I wish i was that one.

With 5 cult and some mafia members its all getting too confusing. who is who?

There are a dozen people left, right?

That means that the cult would only need one more to lynch anyone they want!

I'm going to have to think this vote over.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:02 AM.

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Spain View Post
    I am somewhat scared to believe your roleclaim at the moment, considering the past but maybe you are telling the truth. For me, I think South Africa is the most suspicious player.

Let's look at the evidence. First voting.

Day one South Africa first votes for NZ then switches to Germany. Day two, votes for NZ once again. Day three, does not vote for India but obviously pushing for India's lynching.

This is not too conclusive of evidence but the fact remains everyone of those people were proven Townies. Now let's look at posts.
    Spain, you are confused. NZ was not a "proven Townie" NZ was a Serial Killer.

Suspicious as that is, look at all those who they accuse! UK, NZ, China, France and Spain (myself) are all Townies.
    Again, wrong. NZ was not a townie. And voicing suspicion for various people in the first few days of the game isn't in itself suspicious. I wasn't hounding after various people going, "THIS PERSON IS SCUM!" It was just observations and initial instincts, the same kind of suspicions that plenty of people in this thread have voiced. Do not equate voicing of suspicion to voting pattern. Voting pattern is very relevant. Throwing out names in the first few days to get the ball rolling... not so much

It's strange to me that you would make this long and detailed post about how you think I'm guilty and miss out on the glaring and obvious fact that I did not vote for a townie twice, but a Serial Killer twice. A big thing to get confused about in my opinion. If you're gonna go after someone in this manner, make sure all your facts are straight. Or else it just makes you seem even more suspicious.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:51 AM.

South Korea

I can see where Spain is going with his or her line of thought. Norway has behaved similarly to South Africa ... maybe they're in cahoots? Like I said, IF Australia is a White Mage, I'd be interested ot know why they protected South Africa.

I still say there's a pretty good point in investigating the people who are laying low so far into the game. What's the point in that? Especially since so many townies/pro-towns are dead.

EDIT: SA - I didn't even notice that! Good point.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:43 AM.

Spain

Actually it was an honest mistake. I had forgotten he was the serial killer in the whole roleclaiming confusion. :/ -__-; My mind leaves me at the worst of times. Even so, you still have a higher accusation rate towards neutral/townies than towards cult or mafia.

The fact I overlooked one thing does not change the fact that most of the people you had suspicions towards were Townies. Maybe it is just bad luck on your part. The fact is you accused UK, China, France as well as me who are Townies. The first three are known to be pro-town or neutral (the point is not Mafia or Cult), and everyone only has my word on the fact that I am Townie, but I am.

I made one mistake in my logic, but that does not mean I am wrong or suspicious. Sure, it could lead to people thinking I am suspicious but wouldn't that just work better for you if I am right?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:12 AM.

South Africa

I believe your whole basis of your suspicion was that I was suspicious of only Pro-town people. Here are a couple things wrong with that:

• I was suspicious and voted for scum, Serial Killer
    • I was suspicious of you, and there is NO proof that you are not scum or cult. By trying to claim that I was suspicious of innocent people only and including yourself in that innocent group is not really correct, since there is no proof that you are innocent.
    • A confirmed townie, claimed that he was cop prior to the scramble, and he pointed his finger at Japan. Yet you find me more suspicious than Japan and you're deflecting attention away from a serious claim that we need to focus on. Japan is sitting over there gleeful right now.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Spain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by South Africa
    Also: Yay town! but I'd rather we have gotten a cult member.
    This is surprising since it was said on Day 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spain
    Therefore, I cast my vote in hopes for th future of the Townies! The cult is already 5 people strong and the Mafia only lost one member. We must eliminate those who pose a threat to us!
    I would also like to go over these portions of your post. Right now, I think that the Cult is our biggest threat. If they have been successful in recruiting all the night rounds so far, then that means that if we don't get a Cult Member soon, we are lost. You seem to have the same opinion on this as I do. Yet you find it suspicious when I voice these concerns about cult, but it's not suspicious when YOU voice the same concern?

Or am I misreading the post?

North Korea

This is true, DD did say Japan was mafia. This makes me suspisous of him.

There are two problems i have with this, if someone can explain these for me then i'll vote for Japan.

1. DD also said he was a cop and a bomb, which both could be untrue. Why should we trust him on this. on the other side, he seemed very adamant and he was a townie.

As I said, confusing >.<

2. Even if he is mafia, the cult is the biggest threat now, shouldnt we try and lynch a cult and let the vigilante take care of Japan? We can poke and prod the vigilante into doing that, right? ^^

So i suggest we try and lynch a cult, because otherwise, we are screwed either way.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:02 AM.

Spain

I am concern about the growing cult power too. I am applaud your reasoning, which have proven to be beyond my own. Yet, you are forgetting one thing about the cult. Out of the two SCUM factions that exist, we know for sure that the cult has the power to recruit. If the cult has any brains what-so-ever they would go for people who are trusted by the Townies or that the Townies are indifferent to. I'd say that you fall into this category. Furthermore, unless the Cult is even more stupid, they will go for the smart players, something you have shown yourself to be.

Surely my own reasoning can be used against me, as you have so intellegently stated. Yet, I am confident that I am not a Cult member, nor a Mafia. Thus I will not be suspicious of myself, but I can understand if others would be.

I still maintain that you are a likely candidate to be recruited by the Cult, thus I will not change my vote.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:12 AM.

Brazil

Spain, you keep making "mistakes" over and over again, saying your "mind leaves you" and other bologna. I don't trust you.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:23 PM.

South Africa

I want to leave Japan alone now for that very reason. The moderator says that cult will come up innocent, so if DD was telling the truth then Japan is Mafia (or possible Miller), and not cult. Which is why I think we should leave Japan alone this round.

This is where it gets complicated. IF we are unable to semi-decide on a cult member then we should go for Japan. HOWEVER, DD is a weirdo and he could have been lying about Japan too. That's kida why I want to skip Japan today. It's too confusing and the cult should be the main focus. Think carefully before you decide who you want to go after.

I'm sorry if this sort of contradicts my post above. I'm played by two people.

Spain, this half of me doesn't have enough time to go over your argument in detail right now. But I will say calling someone out for accusing innocents in the first few days is a pretty weak argument. There are plenty of others who have done the same. With the information available I think I gave good reasons for all my accusations and I stand by them.

Spain

It actually was a mistake. I actually did forget that NZ was SK. The reason why I did not address India's accussation of Japan is that the cult is just as big of threat to us at this moment. The cult has five members, almost a majority. I see that as quite problematic. There is also the fact that India, as others have pointed out, that India has lied about his roleclaim thus makes one weary of the fact that if he is telling the truth or not. Also, others have pointed out the fact that Psy is not a big fan of cops so even if India was telling the truth about being a cop, how do we know if he was not insane or paranoid? There are too many uncertainties around India.

What we do know is that the cult, if we do not get them soon, are going to overpower us. That is a fact. Another fact is that, unless they are stupid, they have obviously recruited smart people who have not fallen under much suspicion lately.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:13 AM.

Pakistan

Ok, I go to class and there are alot of posts >.<

First things first I am going to address South Korea's question. First night I protected myself obviously, then after that I portected South Africa, I know it is strange that Australia also protected South Africa, I guess they just seem like a townie.

Now I am just a plane Jane townie. I will now read over the rest of the thread and get back to you.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Japan

I agree with a lot of South Africa's post that we NEED to get the cult today, and even maybe find a potential target for the vig tonight. If the cult doesn't lose their recruiter or some members today or tonight then the game very well could end in 2 days or so time.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:33 AM.

USA

Yes, we do need to get rid of the cult. But do we have any idea about who could be cult?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Iran

[M] Australia
    [M] Brazil
    [M] Iran
    [M] Iraq
    [M] Israel
    [M] Japan
    [M] Mexico
    [M] North Korea
    [M] Norway
    [M] Pakistan
    [M] South Africa
    [M] South Korea
    [M] Spain
    [M] USA

This is who's left. There's probably six cult members, including the leader. I'm guessing 2-4 mafia, leaving a minimum of four town members left. I'd say we have a good chance of identifying an undesireable after today.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 09:13 PM.