Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7172122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Mafia VI, official game thread. MAFIA VICTORY!

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kofi Annan

Cult will appear innocent upon cop investigation.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Pakistan

Well now... I think South Africa is Pro-Town, he has given us a lot of help and his advice has helped. I am not sure if North Korea is scum or not, there arguments have been befuddled and convoluted, but you could just be a confused townie.

Though we didn't end up lynching Spain like South Africa pushed us to, if it had been Norway South Africa had been voting for then they would look even more solid in my eyes, but I am not quite ready to throw my support behind them yet.

Now if this has already been told to us then I missed it, but I don't know if someone converted by the cult keeps there abilities. if they do then I am almost certain that they would have gone after Australia, as I am almost certain that they were/are the white mage. Also I don't know if protection protects you from the cult. Now if it dosen't then they probobly would have gone after Australia for

A) They would now have a white mage in the cult, or

B) They gained a member and took away the towns Protector therefore lowering our chances of victory.

Thats something to think about. They also voted for Spain instead of Norway, so they could have been protecting a member of the cult.

Also South Africa seems to be a person the Cult would want in the fact that they are reminding me of Del Rinoa last game (That is Del Murder playing Rinoa for those of you who aren't savvy like that). We have been putting a lot of stalk in what you say, so if they took you they might be able to pull our strings. Just something to think about.

Also I still find USA to be suspicious, I mean their arguments had nothing behind them, and they haven't said anything in awhile. though that is small...

there is some food for thought!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-09-2008 at 08:31 PM.

USA

Quote Originally Posted by [M] South Africa View Post
    USA is weird but they have mentioned some 'special role' and I'd like to hear them out before I vote for them.
    My role is Bus Driver. On night 4 I switched Japan and Australia. On night 3 I was blocked, and on night 5 I switched South Africa and Spain.

Edit: Sorry for the late post, but I've being busy.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:02 PM.

North Korea

That is probably the most ridiculous roleclaim ever Iraq. I dont even understand why to make it at all.

If you would out me as scum, and they would lynch me, then you would die as well. Seems to go against all sense of self preservation in my eyes. Unless of course you were pressured into that roleclaim, by either cult or mafia.

And also not true. I am a Faith healer. Which gives me a 50% chance of healing someone, because the person either believes or doesnt in faith healing. I was a Vanilla townie before the scramble.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:03 AM.

South Africa

Ok Iraq, I had no reason to suspect you before, so I believe your claim.

So that leaves us with a dilema. Do we go after North Korea, a 'confirmed' mafia, losing a cop in the process? The cop part really isn't all that important any more, but one less cop means one less town to help with the voting. The vig really hurt us, basically taking away two town, so losing one more town could put us away.

Or, we can put that information in our pocket (knowing eventually that we have to lynch NK) and try for someone else. If we were to do that, I would say Spain is the one to go after, for the reasons I stated yesterday.

At least I hope that my spat with NK shows that I am not mafia. So why am I not cult? There is a reason for that too. I might have to reveal all the information I have later, but for now all I can say is that I have a role that is immune from cult recruitment.

It feels like there is only 2-3 people posting, when there are 11 left. Some of you people need to post!

NK: There was a faith healer in the last game, and I don't think they would put it in again. Nice try though.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:57 AM.

North Korea

worth a shot.

its true, i am a brother goon.

But therefore i also know that there is one other mafia. The killing wont stop if you lynch me, you'll lose a cop too and two votes that can be used against cult.

I still wanted to bring down the cult, because there is no way the mafia/town would win if the cult kill off another townie.

I still think you are cult SA, unless you give some evidence. I'll either be lynched by this information or not, but a cult has to be killed today, or there is no way a town or mafia victory is even possible.

I still dont get why you outed yourself Iraq? I'm guessing you are either Cult or just very stupid. I hope the latter.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:04 AM.

South Africa

This might be the first time that someone claims mafia to avoid being lynched.

I'd like to hear from someone other than Spain/Brothers on what to do. We have plenty of time, at least.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:57 AM.

Spain

And I am the bloody, Pope. [/sarcasm] Seriously, what is with all this role claiming this game? I go back to my earlier comment, is there something in the water?

Let's look at the numbers. There is 11 of us. In the worst case, the Cult was 5 members but with the death of the leader it is now 4. The Mafia is believed to have 2-3 members left, we cannot be sure. Means 6-7 players are likely scum. 4-5 Townies. Now for the roleclaiming.

Until told otherwise, I am assuming upon becoming Cult, Townies with special powers lose their powers, otherwise it'd make them too powerful.

Iraq-Brother Cop.

Results: North Korea and Russia Mafia. South Korean, Australia and USA innocent. Innocent does not mean Townie, it could mean cult. Also, the question remains as to why Iraq was not invovle in the scramble. Maybe Kofi has a reason, but for now I would say that is suspicious. Also we should note that Japan was skipped over on Night 4 and Australia was instead investigated.

USA - Bus Driver

While the role of Bus Driver could be likely, the claim is pretty easy if we are to trust Iraq's information. The Night 4 deal could be easily ascribed to basing it off of what Iraq said. As for Night 3? We would have to ask Russia but the dead cannot speak (unless the Townies had a roleblocker as well). As for the Night 5 deal? There was two kills and it could be understood either way: Brazil was targetted by Iran (vig) and was killed and then Iran's morals were not so good (I'd have to look back on the killings) so Kofi took action. This would mean the Mafia did not do a night kill which would seem highly odd since they already were unable to do one the night Russia was killed (unless Russia was bus driven with someone, but the USA has not claimed that). The second, more plausable one (to me) is that Iran killed Brazil and the Mafia got Iran. The first scenario implies that the Mafia either did not night kill or their night kill was prevented somehow (Faith Healer/White Mage?). The second scenario would mean that the Mafia was not blocked. What this means the USA is that there is little to no evidence to support his Night 5 claim. Making his roleclaim slightly suspicious.

North Korea - Faith Healer

While it would explain some inconsistencies nicely, it also makes you wonder why Kofi would give the Townies two healers. Especially if we are to trust your brother. :/ Okay, North Korea just confirmed hiself to be Mafia.

South Africa - Mysterious Unrecruitable Role

I am still suspicious of you, and that roleclaim seems, until you come out with the rest, pretty convinient.

As for any of the roles mentioned, I will state that I believe they become ineffective (Kofi, some response?) upon becoming Cult. Also I am wondering how much of these roleclaims (Let's not forget Australia's WM roleclaim) are true. I mean they could be true that they were those roles but they could now be Cult and using their old roles (since no one can claim they were not, unless the role did not eist before the scramble). That is why I am wondering how much of Iraq's clais are true, if there was at some point him converting to the cult. It would be pretty easy to fake the last few investigations (I assume the Brother part is true) since Cult appear Innocent anyways, so he could have known what to put to clear the names of those who were cult.

I also agree with Mexico (?) who said that the Cult members most likely did not vote for Norway. This means USA, North Korea, Pakistan and Japan are not Cult but Townies and/or Mafia.

Assuming USA is a Townie, then I would say that those who voted for him are potential Scum or Townies who are misguided. This means Israel is potential Cult/Mafia.

And Pakistan, I share the same view as you towards South Africa. My suspicions are that they are Del and Miriel, making them a powerful combination and a tempting force for either the Cult or Mafia. Their claim to immunity seems, until they explain it more, rather weak. Also, South Africa, I never said you were trying to speed up the game. I moved away from the votes argument since it was not my strongest one. My story as far as thinking you are Scum hasn't changed, just how I presented it.

As for why I have never mentioned Norway in my accusations? This may seem like convinient, something you will point out, I am sure. By other suspect that I hinted at was Norway. I did not want to come out with it since I had thought that either both of you are Cult or one was vig/cop. South Africa, you were doing plenty to put the heat on me, if I claimed Norway as my other suspect and you both were Cult? It'd be suicide. I may have been playing weak when I accused you but I am not completely foolish. The reason I targeted you was when I thought and looked through the thread, there was simply, to me, more evidence against you. As I said before, there was a small voice in the back of my mind saying that you might have been the vig (possibly a cop if there was one). With Iran dead and Iraq revealed, my suspicions of you are only confirmed. That being said, I am not jumping the gun this time. I am going to wait to see how the wind blows before I vote.

EDIT: Out of the lot of you, besides myself, USA, Iran and Japan seem the ost likely to be innocent. Japan's role claim pans out and the reason they were not investigated one night would work well with USA's claim.

EDIT: and Pakistan! I forgot that one. Damnit! Need to reread post more before posting!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 04:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Kofi Annan

Quote Originally Posted by Spain
    I will state that I believe they become ineffective (Kofi, some response?) upon becoming Cult.
    Some town roles would lose their powers, and some town roles are unrecruitable. Can't say further than that!

Also, not confirming the existance of brothers with this post. But I would hope that you would all realise that there are obvious reasons as to why they would not be included in the scramble if such roles exist.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:25 PM.

North Korea

Duuh..

Because then two people would know that i was a goon.

Which brings me to the question: Why wasnt i informed that Iraq was a cop? He knew fromt he beginning i was a goon, didnt he?

seems very unfair imo

Blog Entries

Kofi Annan

If a brother goon existed, he would definitely have been told in his role PM that his brother was a cop and it isn't Kofi Annan's fault if the brother goon didn't read it properly!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Japan

Well it seems a lot of bomb shells dropped in the night while I was asleep.

I'll need to reread over a lot of it before coming to any final conclusions. But there's a few things that bug me. Mostly South Africa's claim of a power role, yet not divulging details at this moment. Seems too much like buying time to build up a story to me. Right now we're at the end here we're over half dead and with 3 factions each with a membership ranging from 2-5 people is the estimates. There's not much to hide at this point if your a real townie, your either the lost mason, or cult.

As for the brothers, it seems like it could be legit. If Iraq is in fact the cop, then that means India's claim of being a cop were wrong, because well, 3 cops? Let's face it that just ain't happening ESPECIALLY with cop haters like Psy in charge. If their claim is right I would think we should keep them until the other mafia is killed since losing a townie and killing one mafia still means there's at least one more mafia out there killing us, one-two mafia who we don't know.

Right now my suspect list is beginning to look like this...

Cult/Mafia
    Spain
    Mexico
    Israel

Cult
    South Africa

Mafia
    North Korea

The others I think have a bit better basing for being townies then scum, but I'm still not 100% trusting them as of yet, but much more so then the above ones on my list.

However with all the role claims I'm a bit confused because of the darn scramble, with it it makes everything so upside down to figure out.

Anyways that was a bit longer then what I was going to post, I just kind of had a lot of ideas running through my head, I'll reread over everything and give some more thoughts and post them when I have a chance.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 02:35 AM.

North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kofi Annan View Post
    If a brother goon existed, he would definitely have been told in his role PM that his brother was a cop and it isn't Kofi Annan's fault if the brother goon didn't read it properly!
    Thats bull.

The first time i was Brother goon with the other mafia. Then ed ruined the game, we switched countries and all i got in the pm was that my role was the same but now with Iraq.

That reminds me there, you changed my brother role to a townie or you changed his status.

Its getting confusing and doesnt add up

South Africa

Ok, the truth is, I was buying time to come up with a good role. I was going to claim Psychologist, someone who can investigate and tell your sanity, where cult members would come up insane. I find it ludicrious that something like this isn't actually in play, but then again maybe it is.

I was going to use this claim to say that I found Spain insane and say that he was cult. Because I am pretty sure that he is. If I was wrong then it would lead to my lynch the next day most likely, but hey, it would have been entertaining to those watching! And honestly it's just a game and most of y'all aren't posting, so I thought this would spice things up.

However, with the scramble I couldn't make it work. Well, I probably could, but I didn't really feel like it. So here is the truth.

I am a Mason Recruiter. Brazil was my mason buddy and the stupid Vig killed her. Pre scramble I was a regular mason and Brazil was the recruiter, and then we switched. Masons are immune from recruitment (even if Kofi doesn't confirm this I hope you can see why this is). This can be more or less confirmed by looking at the other role claims. Has anyone else claimed Mason? If there is one there must be another.

We did recruit someone. Unfortunately, we were told that there was the possibility of recruiting scum. We found this weird, but that's the way it is. I will not reveal who I recruited because I still think that information has some merit to be kept secret. If they want to step forward that is their own choice.

There you have it. I am NOT cult or mafia. I hope Spain is right and that cult would want to recruit me, because that would give them one less member.

NK is mafia. I think Spain is cult. Spain came after me out of no where and changed their story constantly. My thought was, the cult tried to recruit me, failed, and so sent Spain to lynch me. That is why I voted for Spain yesterday, and why I want to vote for him today.

We need to decide if we want to go after the brothers or in another direction. Part of me doesn't want to get the brothers yet because they have a common enemy still out there: cult. It is quite silly that mafia and town have to work together but that is the way the game is set up.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 01:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Kofi Annan

We made it clear that the roles from the game which ed messed up still applied, and that you could request a copy of the role PM from that game if you liked. You still may request a copy of your role PM from that game. In fact, I shall send you one anyway.

If you didn't understand, you should've asked us.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-10-2008 at 05:26 PM.