Thread: Gaming deals/steals

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Gaming deals/steals

Where do you guys usually get your games from? Do you usually buy new ones? Do you pay full price, or do you shop around for a deal?

Used to be I'd seldom buy new games. Seems games aren't depreciating in price too quick these days, though. That, or I'm just impatient. I've been looking around for good deals on certain games I really want, but I've been having trouble finding anything that doesn't end up not really being worth the discount (on ebay and such, where you can tell the dealer is still making a profit off their shipping price). Does anyone have any sites that have really good deals on games?

amazon video game stores flea market
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

I usually buy my games in Wal-Mart, Soriana (a famous supermarket here) or with a second-hand dealer. I have even found treasures with the second-hand dealer (New Omega Boost for just $15? Hell Yeah!). I don't like to buy games through internet, but looks like I'll be forced to in the future.

I usually just get them from Gamestop or Amazon since the area I am seriously lacks a good family-owned or small time video game store. There is one, but they have the same prices as everywhere else so it doesn't really matter where I buy them from. I don't believe in supporting small stores just because big companies are already big. smurf that.

If it's a game I've been anticipating for a long time I'll probably buy it right away, meaning it's new - but yeah, I still shop around and look for the cheapest copy of the game.

I usually buy my games at EB Games or a place called Stereo Studio. But, as I said it varies.. sometimes I go online etc.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We have an independent shop called Reset Games that just opened near my college, I'm trying to buy games from there more. The prices are usually comparable to the local Fred Meyer or EB.

I usually buy them from either Game or Gamestation. I don't usually like to pay full price for a game unless I really, really want that particular game. Mostly I just buy second hand games, assuming they're in good condition.

Still, it's pretty hard to find good deals. I'm hopefully going to start shopping online for them though.

There's a place by my college that's locally owned, extremely friendly, really good for buying/selling used games, and also usually put games on the shelf before the release date (which I'm hoping won't end up being the end of them).
    What I've been listening to:

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Check out Cheapassgamer. I doubt there's a better source out there for information on deals and specials.