Thread: PSP owners must get this

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Why is everyone quick to assume that this game will come out on PS2? Not all high profile PSP games go to the PS2. Actually, hardly any of them do.
    It's less of an assumption than an inevitability methinks. While true that not all high profile games get transferred, the fact that this is a 1st party game from a massive franchise gives it that much more chance of being brought over. It probably won't happen for a good long while, because they obviously want to sell it on PSP first.

Based on prior trends--Syphon Filter DM, Ratchet & Clank SM, Twisted Metal HO (all Sony games)--we can assume that it'll take a year or more to come out. People who really want to play the game will get it for PSP. By time the PS2 version rolls around, the people who had it on PSP prior probably won't care about the exclusivity since it's a year-old game. Unless they add more stuff to it like they did with Twisted Metal, then they'll probably buy it again.

And I'm sure the GoW3 team (who I'd imagine has little to do with this game) would enjoy the extra monetary boost from a PS2 version down the line.

(SPOILER)Games like Silent Hill and GTA, while also having PS2 ports, are not Sony games. Also, some games like Yu Gi Oh forego the whole facade and just release it on both at the same time (though Yu Gi Oh does something special with it)

sage: Of course, everyone can be wrong.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 03-07-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

This topic's like three weeks old, seriously. O well, if we're being encouraged to Necropost...

Considering the limitations of the system compared to the PS2, it's a massive technological achievement. It's probably the best-looking and smoothest PSP game I've ever played. Plus it's always fun to indulge in a bit of mindless Kratos-style violence.

Right I forgot about this thread.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I HATE how folk mindlessly compare this masher to the beauty that is DMC Gameplay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    I HATE how folk mindlessly compare this masher to the beauty that is DMC Gameplay.
    Well, of course they're to be compared, as they're in the same genre. However, saying the two are alike is foolishness. It would be like saying Gunstar Heroes is just like Mega Man X 3.

Copy arrived yesterday and, as I expected, it only took me a day to beat. That said, what they crammed in that five hours was incredible. The game is ultimately a stripped down version of the console titles, and I hear alot of criticism about that. But honestly, how can you fault a game when you've moved it to a portable system.

My criticisms were the controls. They have done they're best with the limitations of the PSP but dodging still felt clumsy and I hardly ever went the exact direction I wanted to go. This made the game alot harder than it should of been in my opinion. Although on the whole the game was a breeze, more so than the console games. Kinda disappointing. Also the nub on the PSP was awful when it came to quick time events. They say you get used to it but I never did.

The combat was still great though, so that rides over all of the faults the game had. The game was still as crazy and epic as you'd expect a God of War game to be. With Silent Hill Origins being the first portable game that was scary, and Chains of Olympus being the first true epic title on the go, I think the PSP has come along way in the last few months. Just a shame that after Crisis Core the system wont have much going on.

^What about Dissidia?

Anyway, it arrived today and I finished the first level and a bit. Its fun! But I dont have a memory stick atm, so I stopped playing.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky