Thread: Space Invaders Extreme

Default Space Invaders Extreme

I can finally say with confidence that Space Invaders Extreme is as good as I was hoping it'd be all these months.

Stick with the NDS version, as the PSP version doesn't allow wifi VS play (the best and most fun thing about the game).

I challenge you.

Last edited by Necronopticous; 02-25-2008 at 02:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Very interesting. Sadly, my DS is out of commission. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is forcefully lodged into it. I'd have to get the PSP version, but I'm currently saving my money anyway for a different game, since I'm 15 and on a set allowance. My attention has mostly gone to Console Gaming as of late.

However, to see Space Invaders continued is really nice. I sometimes play the one that's hosted on this site from time to time, but naturally, this more modern adaptation seems to be superior, even if it lacks cover to hide behind. As the name implies, it seems like it can get very extreme. As with Tetris DS, this seems to show that simpler games can, and should, be remade for portable systems with extra game modes, because they'll offer a nostalgic, yet 1000x more awesome, experience.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't think it was possible for me to be imressed by any version of Space Invaders, but geeze, they really took the concept and pumped it with everything it needed. That looks really, really fun.

This game is a far superior reinvention than that of Tetris DS (which I absolutely abhor).

Space Invaders Extreme, as a reinvention of a classic game, borders the level of Pac Man Championship Edition, which, coming from me, is a complement beyond measure.

Blog Entries

Perhaps you're right that more was revamped than in Tetris DS, but Tetris DS is still comparable to this in that it's a reinvention of an old game, and presents well that it's a good idea to offer new experiences by expanding upon simpler game designs. But I really shouldn't be one to speak, as I've not played this.

Aaaanyway, what is the competitive mode like?

The VS mode is great. There's not much to it, both opponents try to stay alive and take out as many sets of invaders and UFOs as possible. The more one person shoots down, the more the other has to deal with. The game goes on until one player loses all three of their lives.

Blog Entries

That's a pretty interesting idea on how to make a game like that competitive. Is there some kind of Co-Op mode?

No co-op. The arcade mode is a lot of fun single player, though. The bosses are great.

Blog Entries

Coolness. This seems like it could be a really great game.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

It's addictive.

We'll get you, Jeremy. :kauberry:

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Is it as easy as it looks?

D:...

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Since the game isn't out in the west until June, most people probably won't consider getting it until then. I can only assume you *cough* bought it from an import site.

If you did in fact buy it from an import site and you did *not* buy Arkanoid DS at the same time or previously, you're missing out on one of the DS version's exclusive features. The game already supports the rumble pak, but a version of Arkanoid came with a Paddle controller that also works with Space Invaders.

For the rest of us though, the game's out in June.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have the paddle. I'd really like to get it.