oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Default DualShock 3, April 15

via Kotaku

In time for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (and GTAIV), the DualShock 3 looks to be released on the 15th of April. They don't say whether or not it will be included with the consoles yet.

For $55, you can finally officially get your hands on the last generation feature we've wanted all along. I've had mine for almost 3 months, though it appears that the cost of importing it won't be too far off from what the retail will eventually be here in BDA.

If you already have games like Devil May Cry 4 and Burnout for your PS3, plus all the backwards compatible PS2 games, are you willing to wait until April for something you can get right now for not-that-much-more? I obviously couldn't, and I think Dreddz is in the same club (note: I believe this announcement is just for the US right now).

2-seconds-later update: In their post about the June 12 release of MGS4, they mention that MGS4 will be sold in a PS3 bundle along with the DS3. Killer package if you ask me, just gotta wait 'til June.

Yeah, I think I'll pick up that MGS4 bundle if I can. Though I'll probably turn the rumble off. I don't like it in wireless controllers for some reason. Probably because I'm crazy.

Remember when Ceej tried to convince everyone that his Sixaxis was vibrating? xP

Importated two DualShock 3s when they were released in Japan and it was well worth it (well, the second one not so much but I just wanted to have a fourth controller and so I bought two of them instead of just one).

I think it improves the gaming experience when the controller gives some kind of feedback when a huge explosion is going off near you or something like that. And it's awesome that many developers released patches to include the rumble option (even for launch games like Resistance) ... I'm a bit disappointed though that there's not been a Folklore patch (at least not for the HK version which I own, but there's no DLC either so it could be a problem of the version itself.

And not only is it awesome to finally have rumble back but I think the additional weight improves the controller. I always thought the Sixaxis was way too light and it regularly slipped out of my hand.

Nice to see them finally leave Japan. But $55!? Too much if you ask me.

I already own one and think there great. Im not one to rave about something as trivial as rumble but the rumble in the Dualshock 3 is definately more satisfying than any other controller. Next gen rumble maybe? Ok, I wont go that far.

I also like that teenie bit more weight to the controller. Feels less cheap.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Ok, this thread was made in ignorance of much bigger news. The MGS4 PS3 bundle is detailed as follows:

80GB PS3
    DualShock 3 Controller
    Copy of MGS4

All that for $499. The outgoing 80GB model was $599 on its own if I recall correctly, and with the MGS4 model you get the game and a DualShock 3. Definitely a sweet deal for those of us who were waiting for MGS4.

Further reports have indicated that this PS3 will have the partial backwards compatibility that was featured originally featured in the PAL version and the first 80GB PS3 model.

The press release also talks about a special "Deep Red" God of War PSP coming as well, but that's another thread.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

JKTrix, do you know if that particular Playstation 3 package comes with any decorative skins included on the Playstation 3?

I do not play the Metal Gear Solid series, so I will probably give the copy of the game included to someone as a gift, but, at the same time, I do not want to purchase the bundle if my Playstation 3 has its logo on it or something, too.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

They haven't said whether or not it will, but I kind of doubt there will be any special decorations on the console itself. All the logos will most likely be kept on the cardboard box.

I'm led to believe that the image of Old Snake on the PS3 is a reflection. Have there been 'specially decorated' (aside from entire colours) of PlayStations in the past?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't recall any ever being specially designed out of the box.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Nice to see them finally leave Japan. But $55!? Too much if you ask me.
    I thought the exact same thing until I checked out the price of other controllers... the Sixaxis right now is $50 new on gamestop, for a wii remote & nanchaku it's like $60, i think 360's is $50 new, too. Of course there's inexpensive 3rd party options.

I also accidentally discovered my cheap Airflo usb controller I use on my PC for roms works as a PS3 controller... I'm not sure if it's compatible with motion sensor games, have to check that out, but there's alot of ways of getting around the expensive controllers.

For $55, I'd rather get a new game than the rumble feature. I'll probably see what 3rd part imitations come out soon, probably just go with one of those.