Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was your impression when you saw B:TAS back in 1992?

Inspector Gadget is the Six Million Dollar Man for cool kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubah Lapah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Batman sucks. He doesn't even have superpowers. Spiderman is better.

Oh yeah. I went there.
    Seriously. Any trained guy could use those gadgets. Batman just made a hero business basically.
    And untrained. Look at inspector gadget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Inspector Gadget is the Six Million Dollar Man for cool kids.
    Omg, I can't believe I forgot about inspector gadget.

I mean, half the time his gadgets didn't even work and he was able to save the day!

Well he did have the little girl and the dog who had their OWN gadgets as well.

This thread is now about Inspector Gadget.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

And the cartoon at that, not the crappy live action movie.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Mark Hamill as the Joker, genius. I loved the series, still do. Now if I could dig out all my old VHS' of them I'd be a very happy man.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post

Oh yeah. I went there.
    Spider-Man sucks because there hasn't been a decent Spider-Man film yet Peter Parker is supposed to become more self-confident and somewhat of a smart-ass after he gets bitten by a radioactive spider. But Peter doesn't become more self-confident until the third movie and most of this is brought on by the symbiote....Sam Raimi was influenced by the Superman films too much. Spider-Man: The Animated Series sucks too because the animation in that show was absolutely horrible.

Bob Kane wanted Batman to be a normal guy who can be hurt because an ordinary guy with gadgets is more relatable than a practically indestructible demi-god who can lift Kryptonite mountains and push planets out of orbit.
    Uh, who cares if the character is a normal guy who can be hurt? That just makes him that much less of a 'superhero' and more like a 'rich guy with fancy gadgets'.

Spiderman could annihilate Batman anyday.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post
    This thread reminds me of people over-reacting due to someone's opinion being different to theirs, and their misinterpretation of a joke.

Dunno why.

When it comes to Batman, I know (and care) very little. I have seen them and stuff, but I'm no fan.
    I find it HIGHLY Ironic that someone named Harle-quin is in this thread, and not a big batman fan. After all, the most popular Batman: TAS character (originally created by the writing team for that show that is) was Harley Quinn, the jokers lover and right hand woman, as well as comic relief and object of abuse.
    Look up the word "Harlequin". You'll find that Harley Quinn's name, as well as mine, was taken from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami View Post
    This thread reminds me of people over-reacting due to someone's opinion being different to theirs, and their misinterpretation of a joke.

Dunno why.

When it comes to Batman, I know (and care) very little. I have seen them and stuff, but I'm no fan.
    I find it HIGHLY Ironic that someone named Harle-quin is in this thread, and not a big batman fan. After all, the most popular Batman: TAS character (originally created by the writing team for that show that is) was Harley Quinn, the jokers lover and right hand woman, as well as comic relief and object of abuse.
    Look up the word "Harlequin". You'll find that Harley Quinn's name, as well as mine, was taken from that.
    that I'm aware of. and it's still Ironic. First time I saw the name of the poster I thought "wooboy, here we go. A huge Batman TAS (since thats where she got her start) fan has chimed in."

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post

Oh yeah. I went there.
    Spider-Man sucks because there hasn't been a decent Spider-Man film yet Peter Parker is supposed to become more self-confident and somewhat of a smart-ass after he gets bitten by a radioactive spider. But Peter doesn't become more self-confident until the third movie and most of this is brought on by the symbiote....Sam Raimi was influenced by the Superman films too much. Spider-Man: The Animated Series sucks too because the animation in that show was absolutely horrible.

Bob Kane wanted Batman to be a normal guy who can be hurt because an ordinary guy with gadgets is more relatable than a practically indestructible demi-god who can lift Kryptonite mountains and push planets out of orbit.
    Uh, who cares if the character is a normal guy who can be hurt? That just makes him that much less of a 'superhero' and more like a 'rich guy with fancy gadgets'.

Spiderman could annihilate Batman anyday.
    Batman is able to hold his own against superman and other superpowered members of the Justice league because of his incredible mind. he has been dubbed the worlds greatest detective. He's the brains, which is backed up by one of the most highly conditioned and trained physical bodies on the planet. This is one of the reasons why Batman TAS was so popular as the standout episodes have batman saving the day with intelligence and sheer admirable skill.

and can we please cease and desist with the "superhero X could kick Superhero y's butt" statements. If this thread isn't dead cuz of those derailments in topics then it's bloody well receiving it's last rites right now because of it.

Don't double post plz. - Azar

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My bad. I was taking what you said as a piss-take. Whatever the whatever, the similarity is purely coincidental, and one that has been remarked on before.

"Sometimes you just cant get rid of the bomb" - Adam West

"Of course! I forgot the foam rubber convention was in town!" - Adam West
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I own the first three seasons on DVD, which were the awesome ones before they started to draw everyone pecil-necked.

Fun fact: Batman: TAS was drawn on black paper instead of the traditional cartoon white paper.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I own the first three seasons on DVD, which were the awesome ones before they started to draw everyone pecil-necked.

Fun fact: Batman: TAS was drawn on black paper instead of the traditional cartoon white paper.
    Yep, they even coined the technique, Dark Deco.

As for the fourth box set, It has it's stinkers, i mean I hated the new look for the joker. He looked WAY too normal, and the poison Ivy and Catwoman redesigns also rubbed me the wrong way, but it's got it's share of standout episodes such as "Over The Edge" and "Mad Love" which make it a must have.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Batman series was cool, but I liked X-Men better.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The Batman series was cool, but I liked X-Men better.
    Ditto. Spider-man too.
    What I've been listening to:

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I loved the Spider-Man series.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum