Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFI!?!?!?!?!?!

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

Default FFI!?!?!?!?!?!

does anyone still play this game. Serioiusly! it's so out of date. 2-D people, 2-d! Where did you guys even FIND it to play it? What system is it even on? i have no idea!

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

This game is particularly popular in February, or so I've heard.

Anyway, I'd reckon there are two main reasons that people are still playing this game: Nostalgia, and Discovery. For many people, Final Fantasy I was a whole new concept, the first of its type. It recieved a special place in their hearts, and they continue playing it for that reson. Other people, me being one, entered the Final Fantasy world later on through other titles, and because of that, they want to discover the roots of the series.

Yet other people would claim that they play it because it's a quality game, which is a statement I can't get behind. It is, in my eyes, pretty shallow and the gameplay is unrefined. But I still enjoyed playing it, and experiencing the start of a wonderful series of games, in its unpolished glory.

The fact that a game is 2D doesn't take away from it's quality. I much prefer a 2D game with soul, a good story, and/or good gameplay to a fancy 3D game with polished graphics and nothing to back it up.

As for how to get the game... There is always emulation. If you want it on a console you're probably either going to have to pay good money to a retro gamer, or get one of the polished versions (with improved graphics, if you really can't stand the old ones), like Final Fantasy: Origins for Playstation or Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls for GBA.

If you want to know more, there is always Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Anno Domini View Post
    does anyone still play this game. Serioiusly! it's so out of date. 2-D people, 2-d! Where did you guys even FIND it to play it? What system is it even on? i have no idea!
    You make me giggle inside.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

2-D doesn't make my head spin or make me nauseous. FFI was the first RPG I played and I loved it; hence, I still play it.

You can still find FFI on Ebay. You can also find the NES console on Ebay.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know, if I met you in real life I would probably hate you... But I digress.
    It's a good game! I mean, it's fun to play and it's nice to know how the series started off. Since when is 2D a downside? You're... weird (I'm being polite here)...

Ugh...that ignorance actually pissed me off...I feel so old now...

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some of us play the game because it is the one that started it all. It's a classic. I could barely play the NES version, but I definitely enjoyed the PSP edition (that Ranzien forgot to mention) because of its hi-res graphics, clear and crisp music, bonus dungeons and so on.
    Sometimes you just need a game that you can play in 20 hours, going straight from one boss to the other without annoying sidequests and without a plot so complicated and full of political intrigues you barely can figure what's going on. *coughs*FF XII*coughs*

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Ugh...that ignorance actually pissed me off...I feel so old now...
    THAT's the word that wouldn't go past my teeth

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I actually prefer 2D to 3D games a lot of the time...
    Figaro Castle

I can barely play the game for more than half an hour, its too basic. I care about fun and not what started a series before anyone tells me to appreciate the game that started it all.

does anyone still play this game.-- Yeah, sure.

Serioiusly! it's so out of date.-- by that logic, Mozart sucks and no one should listen to him. Fun is fun, it doesn't matter how new the game is.

2-D people, 2-d!--yup. It also has something that no other game in the series has. The characters don't have names or backstories, the story itself is fairly sparse, you actually get to use your imagination to fill it in. It's almost like an actual role-playing game.

Where did you guys even FIND it to play it?-- I still own it. Plus it's on t'internet.

What system is it even on?-- originally, NES. Also on GBA, PSX, and a few others. Just look it up on wiki, it'll tell you.

does anyone still play this game. Serioiusly! it's so out of date. 2-D people, 2-d!
    So freakin what? We shouldn't enjoy a game because it's 2D? You fail

And yes I still play this game. I own the gba version

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post

Serioiusly! it's so out of date.-- by that logic, Mozart sucks and no one should listen to him. Fun is fun, it doesn't matter how new the game is.

2-D people, 2-d!--yup. It also has something that no other game in the series has. The characters don't have names or backstories, the story itself is fairly sparse, you actually get to use your imagination to fill it in. It's almost like an actual role-playing game.

Where did you guys even FIND it to play it?-- I still own it. Plus it's on t'internet.

What system is it even on?-- originally, NES. Also on GBA, PSX, and a few others. Just look it up on wiki, it'll tell you.
    Okay, this kind of response i can behind. it wasa serious question. To all the people who called me stupid, ignorant, or a failure: please retract your claws.
    yikes people, dont tear my skin off cuz you think you might hate me.

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

Yeah the PS1 FF's are the best. . .but that doesn't mean I don't like 2D games. 2D Mario games I think are totally awesome, but hey I like the FF's before FF7 too even though not as much. By the time I got to FFIX, I fell in love with the series as a whole and wanted to check out its roots. So, after getting Anthology and before Chronicles, I got Origins and loved FF1. Then I started to be a really weird collector and got the NES version of FF1, and the famicom versions of FF's II and III.

If you didn't grow up with the NES version of FF1 you won't like it so much, and I didn't a whole lot either (but still beat it on the NES lol) and you don't have to get that version unless you're a huge fan of the series. FF Origins is awesome though and I'm interested in getting the PSP version since I bet it's even better.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post

Okay, this kind of response i can behind. it wasa serious question. To all the people who called me stupid, ignorant, or a failure: please retract your claws.
    yikes people, dont tear my skin off cuz you think you might hate me.
    Well, it doesn't help that you didn't even research the topic and gain some basic knowledge of the topic before you just go dashing in and saying it's an outdated artifact. You didn't even look into it and see that FFI is not only on NES, but GBA, PSX, PSP, WonderSwan, and countless ROMS as well. That is called 'ignorance'. According to Wikipedia, "Ignorance is the condition of being uninformed or uneducated, lacking knowledge or information." But I guess that since you ARE ignorant, you wouldn't have known that.

Besides, the older Final Fantasies are without a shadow of a doubt better than the newer ones. FF went WAY downhill after FFT came out.

Please educate yourself before you post again.

EDIT: And yes, I DO still play the game, and I own it on NES, PSX, GBA, and I have a ROM of it as well. It is a fantastic game, in my opinion.