Thread: Are you good at revising

Default Are you good at revising

im really bad at revising i have some exams coming up and no matter how much i revise it can never stay in my head, what about everyone else. :nibbles:

I think Im good. I just lie in my bed and read my textbooks and it all flows into my head pretty easily.

My revision consists of:

1. Lie down and revise
    2. Do a practice test
    3. Look at the corrections

And I repeat steps 1-3 until there are no corrections left. How long that takes depens on the subject.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you've got notes that you wrote in class, they're good to study from too.

My strategy worked like this:

1. Re-read your notes.

2. Highlight the important parts - the lines, sentences, formulae that matter the most.

3. Re-read the highlighted parts of your notes.

For further help, write new notes: take the most important parts of your highlighted notes, and add any essential information from the textbook. Then, use these new notes and begin the process again. Eventually, you'll have notes that are condensed and refined, allowing you to revise a whole year's worth of material in an hour or so

I never revise. Well, at lunch etc. in school, where i will study any parts I feel i am weak on.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a near photographic memory. The day before the exam, I read it over 3 times and I'll remember it.

FullMetal Dope XD ~ Hot ~ rayquaza0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    If you've got notes that you wrote in class, they're good to study from too.

My strategy worked like this:

1. Re-read your notes.

2. Highlight the important parts - the lines, sentences, formulae that matter the most.

3. Re-read the highlighted parts of your notes.
    That example is a great way to practice study, by highlighting ur just using the important parts of the notes/textbook, my teacher calls it 'eating the flesh in the skin' - XD

I did the followingwith my science test because i was desperately failing and ended up getting a distinction = D