Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor parenting

Default Poor parenting

I don't know whether I should make a topic about this in here or in Eyes on Each Other. Scum parents are scum. in b4 bad for giving him lower version of 360.

The Worst Parents In The World Video
    Last edited by Mr Cactuar; 03-01-2008 at 04:50 AM.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, that's pretty damn cruel.

Giving him an Xbox 360 Core version, and not the full one.

Yeah those are the most horrible parents in the world, worse than the ones who beat their kids incessantly or who molest them, or yell at them constantly...:rolleyes2

Yeah, wow I mean I thought my friends parents were evil because they beat her and allowed her to be molested.

But those take the cake. [/SARCASM]

I hate children and even I feel sorry for him.

"Worst parents in the world" is the name of the video. xP Nobody in this thread are claiming that this is the worst thing anyone has ever done to their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    "Worst parents in the world" is the name of the video. xP Nobody in this thread are claiming that this is the worst thing anyone has ever done to their kids.
    I was pretty sure "Poor Parenting" and "Scum Parents are Scum" was the claim that this was the worst thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Once, my parents only gave me a bike, a sega genesis and three sets of Lego for Christmas. I cried myself to sleep that night, let me tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Yeah those are the most horrible parents in the world, worse than the ones who beat their kids incessantly or who molest them, or yell at them constantly...:rolleyes2
    Sigh, just because someone may be worse off somewhere else, doesn't mean that anything else bad is negated out. I never said ANYWHERE that this is worse than parents molesting/beating their children so please grow the smurf up. Same advice goes to others who said similar things.

As for me saying Poor Parenting and scum parents are scum, it's poor parenting for playing such a joke on a kid who was obviously thrilled at having a 360, on Christmas, then laughing at him. I'm sorry if you're spoiled brats who think that the only bad thing a parent can do to their kids is abuse them, but not everyone is like that
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cactuar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Sigh, just because someone may be worse off somewhere else, doesn't mean that anything else bad is negated out. I never said ANYWHERE that this is worse than parents molesting/beating their children so please grow the smurf up. Same advice goes to others who said similar things.

As for me saying Poor Parenting and scum parents are scum, it's poor parenting for playing such a joke on a kid who was obviously thrilled at having a 360, on Christmas, then laughing at him. I'm sorry if you're spoiled brats who think that the only bad thing a parent can do to their kids is abuse them, but not everyone is like that
    My dad played practical jokes on me as long as I can remember. He'd give me ONE christmas present one year and it'd be like a peice of coal, I'd be sad about it but get over because I KNEW OTHER PEOPLE HAD IT WORSE, then because I knew that fact I'd wake up like 3 days after christmas to all the christmas presents I didn't recieve on christmas.

I don't think he was a poor parent, me and him can joke about things like this now, I think my mom was a poor parent who liked to abuse me mentally, and not by giving me presents, hell I didn't even spend a christmas with her from age 13 to well, now. She would send me to my sisters house for christmas because she didn't want me there. But that's not poor parenting at all. We can't really joke about any of that because.. well it's not really that funny.

I think that this type of prank parenting is in the eye of the beholder, My dad was a prankster and did things like this, but I never once considered him to be a "poor parent" because I knew that there were people out there with alot worse. Not to mention with maturity and age I can laugh about it with him. Can't really do that with the other parental.

I'm not going to continue the quote battle, but this kind of 'america's funniest home videos' video just irritates me. It isn't funny or infuriating in any way beyond that. My sarcastic comment was meant to convey this fact.

yeah these are damn fine parents as far as we know they dont rape beat or torment their kids.

i remember from two christmas's ago when 360 came out the kid was a dick so they father sold the 360 and filled the box with bricks. this guy is still a good parent unless he beat the kid with the bricks
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    My dad played practical jokes on me as long as I can remember. He'd give me ONE christmas present one year and it'd be like a peice of coal
    One day we may run out of coal and that piece of coal could be worth thousands!

I think the whole "coal for christmas if youre bad" thing is horrible. It gives the impression coal is bad. It's an important resource, santa shouldnt waste it on naughty kids. Thats irellevant to the topic i just wanted to say it.

Any way the parents in the video made a bad decision, but theyre not the worst. Or atleast i assume. For all i know they could have done worse things that werent on caught on video. A parent who enjoys seeing their kids dissapointed isnt exactly the best parent in the world.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hope one day he becomes rich, buys himself an Xbox 360, puts both of them in a nursing home and never gives them a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cactuar
    I'm sorry if you're spoiled brats who think that the only bad thing a parent can do to their kids is abuse them, but not everyone is like that
    I don't see how that constitutes as someone being spoiled probably because it doesn't.

Blog Entries

I don't know why the internets is getting up in arms about this video. They played a joke on their son, a bad one, but I would have seen the funny side.

there was a picture here