Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fie on you!

Default Fie on you!

You people who leave messenger signed in even when you're not around.

I mean honestly...I leave mine on only when I'm going to be at my computar machine within five minutes.

I suppose I'm being needy but I just get annoyed when someone is 'away' for a week, and 'away' actually means in another country.

What are your instant messenger habits, and are you one of those people who rouse such ire in me?!

I am on messenger if I'm at my computer...which is often.

I'd leave AIM on for ever if I had faith in my computer not over heating for being on for a long time. Solely because with AIM you can atleast tell how long they havn't touched the computer. Person you want to talk to is on away, just look at their idle time!

As for MSN, I usually sign in as appearing offline then have myself set as away. Basically everyone knows that I tend to not talk to someone that messages me and if I've signed in it means I want to talk to someone specific.

Either way, I like AIM better just 'cause I won't get a million messages like "ARE YOU THERE" because yeah they can see my message says "I'm sleeping" and I've been idle for 6 hours.

My boyfriend leaves msn on all the time alot, what's worse though is he signs online as being online and no one will message him til he goes on away.

Like I told him "If your signed online in the first place it's implied that you can get to the computer and talk"

Well...you CAN put yourself in an away status, and even leave a personal message describing what the heck you're doing...but most just seem to ignore it...Shame on them for finding things more important than a computer messenger program.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Well...you CAN put yourself in an away status, and even leave a personal message describing what the heck you're doing...but most just seem to ignore it...Shame on them for finding things more important than a computer messenger program.

If I'm not at the computer or doing something that requires me to not talk to anyone online then I just sign off, I don't see what the harm in signing off is.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like to leave my 'classes' away message up for days because I forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubah Lapah View Post
    I like to leave my 'classes' away message up for days because I forget about it.
    You're SO off my buddy list...owait you weren't onit anyway hee hee hee

I went through a dry spell in instant messaging where nobody would talk to me for weeks so I quit worrying about my status. Then just kinda got used to it. If I'm not there, then my messengers work kinda like an answering machine. I do use away messages on AIM. Unless I pass out at random. Which has been known to happen recently.. :(

AIM opened my computer's floodgates to all kinds of foulness that I will not mention here.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I'm AFK, I usually put up a sign saying so, and since I have MSN Plus! installed I can also be more specific (on the couch, making supper and so on). I try not to leave it on when I'm sleeping or outside the house, though.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Away from the computer?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Away from the computer?!?

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I was one of the people that would annoy you. My computer used to be on all the time, and with that my messenger and online game where my alternate character would be selling goods while I was away. I don't know why I left the messenger on, I guess I just forgot. Felt like it took too long to turn on the PC, the game and messenger. Even then, though, my msn status was always 'away'.

These days, though, I am rarely on msn. Kept forgetting about it, I mostly purged my msn list when I stopped playing that online game so my list of contacts has decreased drastically - and the ones that stayed are 24/7 afkers.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    You people who leave messenger signed in even when you're not around.

I mean honestly...I leave mine on only when I'm going to be at my computar machine within five minutes.

I suppose I'm being needy but I just get annoyed when someone is 'away' for a week, and 'away' actually means in another country.

What are your instant messenger habits, and are you one of those people who rouse such ire in me?!

I am on messenger if I'm at my computer...which is often.
    If I'm signed in I'll be away a maximum of five hours, but usually just half an hour at the most xD

My friend is CONSTANTLY signed in and always away, so I never know if they're out of town or just busy playing Halo or sumthin and don't want to be disturbed.

I like to invite all of my friends on the same messenger into one conversation sometimes
    I have way more people on my MSN list, though, so people get annoyed when I do that xDD

That's so annoying. I mean, Jesus! I've been signed in for the past week straight, but I appear offline so I'm not cluttering up everyone else's MSN list. I wish other people would have the same courtesy.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*guiltely stares at the floor*

i usually go offline when im not around though.